My Falcons Confessions

With the threat of COVID-19 and as my church confessional is closed, there are a few Falcon related issues that I must get off my chest just in case...

1. I wanted to draft Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan. In a half hearted defense, I thought we could get Flacco in round 2

2. I loved the run and shoot offense and Jeff George

3. I once got "machine gunned" (which is how they boot you) from a sports talk radio show for suggesting that Billy Joe Tolliver should be the starting QB

4. To this day, Terence Mathis is my favorite all-time Falcons receiver

Whew, glad I got those off my chest. Any confessions you want to share?

Oh, and being from PA I grew up an Eagle's fan until I was 12. At that point I wanted to switch my baseball team and football team at the end of the year, so I could talk trash to Philly fans. So people couldn't say I was a front runner, I picked the teams with the worst records from the previous year. I have been a Falcons and Chicago Cubs fan ever since 

9 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Jacob Tamme is an ***hole

You being for real? He coached in my oldest nephew’s basketball church league. The week before the 2016 regular season Green Bay game, I was at my nephew’s game and said to my girlfriend at the time, “Wait a minute......that guy looks like Jacob Tamme in the face but no way does he have the build of an NFL player. Still looks a lot like him in the face though.” A little bit later, we found out it was indeed Tamme. We ended up speaking to him & his wife in the parking long, when I just said to him, “Good luck out there Sunday. We appreciate all the hard work you and the team are putting in.” He then started a conversation with us and was one of the nicest & down to earth people.

2 minutes ago, CTann said:

You being for real? He coached in my oldest nephew’s basketball church league. The week before the 2016 regular season Green Bay game, I was at my nephew’s game and said to my girlfriend at the time, “Wait a minute......that guy looks like Jacob Tamme in the face but no way does he have the build of an NFL player. Still looks a lot like him in the face though.” A little bit later, we found out it was indeed Tamme. We ended up speaking to him & his wife in the parking long, when I just said to him, “Good luck out there Sunday. We appreciate all the hard work you and the team are putting in.” He then started a conversation with us and was one of the nicest & down to earth people.

It’s a joke from years ago

I used to live and die on nearly every play in a Falcons game. Wore the same pants and shirt every Sunday, put a Rise Up flag on my mantle, and never sat for a second during game time. That last since 2004.

After SB51, it's just another 3 hours on a Sunday for me. I still watch every single game, but my 'obsession' died and hasn't come back since. 

41 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

With the threat of COVID-19 and as my church confessional is closed, there are a few Falcon related issues that I must get off my chest just in case...

1. I wanted to draft Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan. In a half hearted defense, I thought we could get Flacco in round 2

2. I loved the run and shoot offense and Jeff George

3. I once got "machine gunned" (which is how they boot you) from a sports talk radio show for suggesting that Billy Joe Tolliver should be the starting QB

4. To this day, Terence Mathis is my favorite all-time Falcons receiver

Whew, glad I got those off my chest. Any confessions you want to share?

1. I was on that 'train' too until MR2's first pass completion. 

2. That was good but I loved the "Give the ball to Andrews and watch him beast out" and open up the passing game for "Throw it as far as Bart can throw and watch Alfred Jenkins catch it in stride for an easy six!"

3. I thought the same with Chris Redman but we go back to #1 that proved me wrong there too.

4. I liked Mathis but being a Bama fan, Julio is now my favorite all-time WR.  All time player: Tommy Nobis

• I really thought Matt Ryan would be the next Peyton Manning (he was overhyped by the Athlon Sports draft guide).
  • I thought Lawrence Sidbury was going to workout
  • I thought Rashede Hageman was going to workout
  • I thought we should have Kept Curtis Lofton 50
  • I wanted Brian Cushing or Clay Matthews over Peria jelly belly
  • I thought Peter Konz would at least be half way decent
  • I wanted to lose out for a top 5 pick

12 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

I used to live and die on nearly every play in a Falcons game. Wore the same pants and shirt every Sunday, put a Rise Up flag on my mantle, and never sat for a second during game time. That last since 2004.

After SB51, it's just another 3 hours on a Sunday for me. I still watch every single game, but my 'obsession' died and hasn't come back since. 

I share the same heartache and am still not getting into the games like i used to. Maybe because we have been terrible?

7 minutes ago, KHAOS said:

I confess that I bought a Steven Jackson Falcons Jersey when it came out... I didnt know he would be a bust FA at the time. 

It's why I'm not buying a TG jersey. Not because I think he'll be a bust, but because there's almost no chance he's with the Falcons next year. Ig he does well, we won't be able to afford him. If he doesn't, then what's the point in keeping him. 

27 minutes ago, Osiruz said:
  • I really thought Matt Ryan would be the next Peyton Manning (he was overhyped by the Athlon Sports draft guide).
  • I thought Lawrence Sidbury was going to workout
  • I thought Rashede Hageman was going to workout
  • I thought we should have Kept Curtis Lofton 50
  • I wanted Brian Cushing or Clay Matthews over Peria jelly belly
  • I thought Peter Konz would at least be half way decent
  • I wanted to lose out for a top 5 pick

Now those are confessions!

1 hour ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Jacob Tamme is an ***hole

This will never die. LOL! love it. 

Fore reals though, he tied a guys wheel chair to a Saints fan in a bar one night and yelled "yer sisters getting neked down the street", that poor dude was dragged for about half a mile before he realized it was just his mom strippin..