RASHARD LAWRENCE DT LSU

With the 119th pick the Atlanta Falcons select:

Kenny Willikes DE Michigan State

With the 143rd pick the Atlanta Falcons Select:

Jonah Jackson G Ohio STate

With the 228th pick the Atlanta Falcons select:

Bryce Huff OLB Memphis

8 hours ago, CTann said:

Replace Weaver with Delpit/Winfield/Chinn OR find a way to add Ashtyn Davis/JR Reed/Geno Stone in the 4th or later, and you’re cooking with grease. 

Gladney, Delpit/Winfield, and Cushenberry alone would help this team in so many ways.

Safety was one of the positions  considered but given our depth I opted to focus on the lines, CB and LB building from the inside out.

FWIW I believe JR Reed is going to be a solid pro in the mold of Dawkins

15 hours ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Totally unlike TD but I'd be absolute all for that haul. Many guys would contribute year one while also having lots of upside. Not sold on Weaver myself and would rather have Zuniga or Greenard but heard he played the end of last year with an injury and you can't deny the production

Weaver became the first player since Myles Garret to earn back-to-back single-season pass-rushing grades over 92.0. His exceptional hand usage combined with better bend than you'd expect got him consistently in the opposing quarterback's lap. He doesn't have the burst or the build that "looks the part" -- he's 6-foot-2, 265 pounds -- but he simply outproduced every edge rusher not named Chase Young in this class. In the 2nd, he's a steal.

41 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

Weaver became the first player since Myles Garret to earn back-to-back single-season pass-rushing grades over 92.0. His exceptional hand usage combined with better bend than you'd expect got him consistently in the opposing quarterback's lap. He doesn't have the burst or the build that "looks the part" -- he's 6-foot-2, 265 pounds -- but he simply outproduced every edge rusher not named Chase Young in this class. In the 2nd, he's a steal.

He's more of a 3-4 OLB to me. And watching his tape I didn't come away that impressed. I like the aforementioned guys upside more personally. He's got potential though no doubt so I could get on board with it. But I wouldn't call him a steal in 2nd. Thats where he belongs

He's a 4-3 DE all the way, no doubt about it. His hands are giant people swatters and he caves in his side of the line. PLUS he's smart enough to set the edge AND play the screen.

AND....he was the most productive DE (4-3) in the game next the guy going either #1 or #2 overall.

He's a STEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAL in the 2nd round.