Jump to content

With all this "Falcons Trade-Up" talk, let's discuss the cost


g-dawg
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Good thread g-dawg...

Now start mocking man!!!!

I think its Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw of trade back...then its Murray, BPA at CB, or who knows at that point...

I am going around to wait until next Tuesday to do a final mock.

mocked out for now...my final mock is usually more my best guess what they will do as opposed to what I want them to do. 
 

Lots of leaks come out a few days before draft if major stuff brewing.   I remember Peter King and Jay Glazer had the Falcons trading up for either A.J. Green or Julio back in 2011.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If we needed to move up to top 4, we should use Ridley as an asset to completely offset the cost in terms of draft capital.

Trade Ridley and 16th to NYG for 3rd overall and additional 3rd round pick.  Then draft Schenault Jr

Have you seen the Falcons New Jerseys?

they aren’t trading Ridley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think the highest likelihood guy to fall out of the top 5 and surprise folks is Okudah tbh. Simmons seems like a lock, and if reports are to be believed, half of NFL teams grade Henderson above Okudah. If he somehow made it to 7 or 8, I'd be all about that trade. Prefer just staying put and getting a safety tho

You never know...Gil Brandt has Okudah as his 13th ranked prospect in his “Hot 150” list for 2020. (Henderson #14)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109120/article/hot-150-gil-brandts-topranked-prospects-for-2020-nfl-draft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I would probably do any of those trades for any of those players w/ exception of Henderson.   I would sit at #16 and draft Henderson but I wouldn't trade up for him as he is the least difference maker of all those guys - really good but don't know if great.

I agree. He’s the only one I just don’t get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If we needed to move up to top 4, we should use Ridley as an asset to completely offset the cost in terms of draft capital.

Trade Ridley and 16th to NYG for 3rd overall and additional 3rd round pick.  Then draft Schenault Jr

Ridley nice, but that would take him having an OBJ start to his career for a team to take that seriously. Even then, those 5 years you get for the low are a god send for teams picking in the top 5.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Ridley nice, but that would take him having an OBJ start to his career for a team to take that seriously. Even then, those 5 years you get for the low are a god send for teams picking in the top 5.

 

 

A proven, Pro Bowl caliber young receiver and 16th overall seems fair for 4th overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

A proven, Pro Bowl caliber young receiver and 16th overall seems fair for 4th overall.

IMO Giants wouldn’t go . Even if you gave him first round value it’s not enough...and that’s assuming NY thinks he is a true WR1. The chart points aren’t far off if you give him original draft slot value (26) but teams way overvalue these high picks on draft day, especially if there is a QB on the board. Throw in at least 47 or 2021 1st and they might talk back to you.

i would say on the open trade market late 2 or 3rd is what you would get For CR...especially in a generational WR class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

I think Simmons is a pipe dream but it seems more and more likely Okudah doesn't go before 7 to the Panthers and with the QB run likely to happen he might even drop to 9

That's what im thinking. I think Detroit will trade out of the top 10. The Giants will take Simmons or a OL. Then the QB,OL, and maybe a WR will push Okudah to 9. I think Jacksonville is the team we may need trade with.

Carolina wants a CB too. But if Simmons or Brown are on the board at 7, they may pass on Henderson and Okudah. I think Okudah is the number 1 player on our board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, lju713 said:

That's what im thinking. I think Detroit will trade out of the top 10. The Giants will take Simmons or a OL. Then the QB,OL, and maybe a WR will push Okudah to 9. I think Jacksonville is the team we may need trade with.

Carolina wants a CB too. But if Simmons or Brown are on the board at 7, they may pass on Henderson and Okudah. I think Okudah is the number 1 player on our board.

Detroit traded away their #1 corner and there is an extremely highly rated one sitting their at #3 overall where the draft starts.   If no one is moving up for Tua nor Herbert, then I don’t see anyone moving at all.

Sometimes the most logical outcome actually happens.

OKUDAH to Detroit at #3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Detroit traded away their #1 corner and there is an extremely highly rated one sitting their at #3 overall where the draft starts.   If no one is moving up for Tua nor Herbert, then I don’t see anyone moving at all.

Sometimes the most logical outcome actually happens.

OKUDAH to Detroit at #3.

Agreed okudah is a pipe dream but I won't lie a big part of me wants the dream scenario..but Rivera recently said the only way they move the 2nd overall is for an impact player with whatever is traded so if what is said is true I'm not sure who the falcons could give up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

You never know...Gil Brandt has Okudah as his 13th ranked prospect in his “Hot 150” list for 2020. (Henderson #14)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109120/article/hot-150-gil-brandts-topranked-prospects-for-2020-nfl-draft

He also has K’Lavon Chaisson @17 man talking to some geniuses round here he’s a day 2 pick lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

He also has K’Lavon Chaisson @17 man talking to some geniuses round here he’s a day 2 pick lol.

KLC should go top ~20. He is a great athlete and has potential. I have been outspoken that he isn’t the pick I am rooting for, but he is definitely a clear round 1 prospect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You still cannot ignore the intangible human factor in this.

This is why everyone does not go to the car dealership and pay the window sticker price.

 

The Redskins really do not "need" Chase Young and would probably take a good offer for him.  I agree it would take our 1st, 2nd and next year's 1st but that additional pick is really the bargaining point - maybe a 4th instead of a 3rd?

 

I also really see TD and Quinn both seeing this as a must win pick that must start and produce its rookie season not a year from now.  And, they really do not care about whether we have next year's 1st around or not.

Young - expensive but 95% chance of success?

Kinlaw - maybe a minor trade up but 75% chance of success?

Chaisson - maybe at #16 but 60% chance of success?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

KLC should go top ~20. He is a great athlete and has potential. I have been outspoken that he isn’t the pick I am rooting for, but he is definitely a clear round 1 prospect.

In saying that he has CJ Hendersen like you say @14 which I get with thee same athleticism.I really wonder how teams see either guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...