Jay Glazer

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Wont go over well. Fans arent the only ones at risk of getting sick. 

While true, if the players are willing to do it, that will drive it. I know NBA and MLB players have said they're more than willing to do it and I believe those 2 sports are much more capable than the NFL given the size of each roster. Some way, some how, they're going to find a way to make it happen

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This news seems more political than football.  If this is what he is revealing, I can’t see him sitting on it a day and I don’t think Glazer would be the one to break it

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This news seems more political than football.  If this is what he is revealing, I can’t see him sitting on it a day and I don’t think Glazer would be the one to break it

Maybe, maybe not. Politics aren't my thing so that's the last thing on my mind. I'd be more than tuned in if it's sports related only

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It will be sports.  Ryan for Watson getting announced ...lol

If that happened, all the Matt Ryan haters will get a chance to be on the other side of the looking glass. It would be such a gargantuan sports story, that it will dominate all sports news and much of regular news. MR2's value will be clear and evident.

Let me stop.

New England has still been pretty quiet about their QB plans - not exactly rebuilding the rest of their team, so acquiring a veteran QB would seem logical - Newton, Watson, Winston? or acquiring a "ready-to-go" rookie like Burrow? getting Luck to return? reacquiring Garopollo?

Edited by jlrfalcon

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

While true, if the players are willing to do it, that will drive it. I know NBA and MLB players have said they're more than willing to do it and I believe those 2 sports are much more capable than the NFL given the size of each roster. Some way, some how, they're going to find a way to make it happen

There's more to it than that.

Let's not forget about the other people involved in just physically playing the games.  

Players and coaching staff... ok.

What about the equipment guys?  The people that physically ship the other team's equipment.  Training staffs for both teams.

Refs.  People to physically operate the now dormant stadiums

Then let's add the broadcast crew.

What's that like 300 people at the minimum per game?  State's are going to have different rules about the number of people allowed in one place at one time.  Just one team violates most of those rules.

It gets even more confusing when you think that many teams don't play in the city they represent.  Cowboys don't play in Dallas.  49ers don't play in San Fransisco.  Only 1 New York team actually plays in New York.

So we're talking about thousands of people and just 1 person to bring it all down.  Sure teams and staffs will get tested.  It's all the other people involved I'm worried about.  

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Two months ago, what would you have considered more unlikely:

1. Hopkins for a RB & 2nd round pick

2. Ryan plus 16th overall for Watson

They are both bat **** crazy

Honestly, all BS aside, I would have believed Hopkins for a RB and 2nd round pick. But that's contingent on knowing about the rift between he and O' Brien leading up to it. Had that news came out let's say a week prior, I would have believed it. 

Plus Hopkins is likely due another contract given his guaranteed money is gone(I could be wrong) and Watson is approaching his first big payday and you already know he's going to break the bank. Between the 2 you're looking at $200 million total. One was gonna have to go. They chose the WR. But Watson is going to have a **** of a time proving he's elite without Hopkins

Like Hopkins said, he had success with Osweiler throwing to him, he can have success with anyone