Rappaport Tweet - Falcons looking to move up

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) Tweeted:
One team that appears poised to make some noise with a move up is the #Falcons. They have spent a lot of times evaluating and talking to players who figure to be gone by No. 16… and when other teams do their projections, they believe Atlanta will be on the https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1250426648870060039?s=20

Sorry, don’t know how to embed tweets in upgrade

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All in all tho, he's lasted a long time with this mentality. We may have two Superbowls if not for two of the biggest choke jobs in the decade. So **** it, do your thing TD.

Still can't believe we won those games that didn't matter. I knew TD wouldn't be able to help himself and flirt with trading up. All those years of trading up and still no championships. He doesn

If it's for Simmons, sign me up. 

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Still can't believe we won those games that didn't matter. I knew TD wouldn't be able to help himself and flirt with trading up.

All those years of trading up and still no championships. He doesn't learn. 

All in all tho, he's lasted a long time with this mentality. We may have two Superbowls if not for two of the biggest choke jobs in the decade. So **** it, do your thing TD.

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Still can't believe we won those games that didn't matter. I knew TD wouldn't be able to help himself and flirt with trading up.

2 years in a row. If you are gonna lose, at least lose all the way. We were better off with TD and Quinn fired

15 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) Tweeted:
One team that appears poised to make some noise with a move up is the #Falcons. They have spent a lot of times evaluating and talking to players who figure to be gone by No. 16… and when other teams do their projections, they believe Atlanta will be on the https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1250426648870060039?s=20

Sorry, don’t know how to embed tweets in upgrade

Not shocked. He rarely stays put.

11 minutes ago, stizz said:

If the Falcons had lost those games, then TD wouldn't be worrying about the draft right now because he would've been fired.

So all in all, those games were in fact meaningful for both TD and Quinn.

Saying that the Falcons should've purposely lost those games are strictly from a fan's point of view and not from a realistic point of view because no way should they commit occupational suicide just to make fans happy.

Henderson has to be smoke, smoke, smokey smoke.  You don't advertise who you're moving up for.  You advertise a ghost.  

Has to be Simmons if he starts to drop.  No one else can generate this much interest in TD moving up this early and already have the Big Board filled out.

I really think TD maybe going with the Julio mindset and going after Chase Young!! We all thought we wouldn't move up for a WR and boom we went and got Julio. I also could see us going with a smaller move up to get Simmons, Kinlaw, or Henderson. A lot of hype on Henderson right now minus the tackling issues I like what I see we will just need a safety helping until he learns to tackle. I personally think that teams could go QB crazy and push Young down to 4 and then we would strike.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Saying that the Falcons should've purposely lost those games are strictly from a fan's point of view and not from a realistic point of view because no way should they commit occupational suicide just to make fans happy.

Fans who don't actually go to games. If you were at the game, you would have wanted them to win. I always hope for a win. I can't imagine watching the last game against Tampa on TV and being unhappy that Debo won it with a pick 6.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

So all in all, those games were in fact meaningful for both TD and Quinn.

That’s true.  But it shouldn’t be the case.  Fans only care about wins and losses when it comes to the coach/gm.  Coach and GM are, therefore, are pressured to win.  Doing what’s best for the team gets thrown out the window.  

Just now, Justang95 said:

I really think TD maybe going with the Julio mindset and going after Chase Young!! We all thought we wouldn't move up for a WR and boom we went and got Julio. I also could see us going with a smaller move up to get Simmons, Kinlaw, or Henderson. A lot of hype on Henderson right now minus the tackling issues I like what I see we will just need a safety helping until he learns to tackle. I personally think that teams could go QB crazy and push Young down to 4 and then we would strike.

Thats still too much capital for one player , 

Just now, esmithidoc said:

Fans who don't actually go to games. If you were at the game, you would have wanted them to win. I always hope for a win. I can't imagine watching the last game against Tampa on TV and being unhappy that Debo won it with a pick 6.

I didn't mean that about every fan, just the ones who keep saying the Falcons should've tanked.

I guarantee that none of them would willingly do that if their jobs were on the line.

Correct me I am wrong, but weren't we mulling trading up for Ed Oliver if fell past a certain spot?

That must be what this is this year as well. If their guy(s), falls back far enough where TD/Quinn are comfortable making a trade up, it's safe to assume they will do it. 

Saying that, hope it's not Henderson.