Dimitroff: Draft board is all set

Cole World

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Just expect the unexpected. We all have an idea of what we want but there's absolutely no telling with this group. Could shock everyone and draft CeeDee Lamb

I don’t really care who disagrees but if it’s between Lamb and Chaisson I’m going Lamb alllllllllll day. I like a good floor and this guy could be Mingo easily.

3 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

I don’t really care who disagrees but if it’s between Lamb and Chaisson I’m going Lamb alllllllllll day. I like a good floor and this guy could be Mingo easily.

I mean Lamb could also be another Charles Rogers (R.I.P)  just never know. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I mean Lamb could also be another Charles Rogers (R.I.P)  just never know. 

A low end WR2 seems like a decent floor expectation, but yes any player can fall through the cracks. I’m just referring to mitigating risk. Edge rushers are hard to pin, couple that with only playing 30% of the time they better get after the QB. So flashes of greatness with Queen/Phillips next to you and Delpit/Stingley/Fulton behind you certainly gives pause. I’m questioning his risk in the second round but much more comfortable with it.

7 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

A low end WR2 seems like a decent floor expectation, but yes any player can fall through the cracks. I’m just referring to mitigating risk. Edge rushers are hard to pin, couple that with only playing 30% of the time they better get after the QB. So flashes of greatness with Queen/Phillips next to you and Delpit/Stingley/Fulton behind you certainly gives pause. I’m questioning his risk in the second round but much more comfortable with it.

I go into it with the same attitude every year. Everyone drafted can flop. Just gotta pray the coaches put them in position to win their individual matchups on each side

Yeah, TD did an interview with Peter King this past weekend and he said he was ready to draft ten days ago.

Here's a quick recap of that interview 

Quick recap (football related)

• If draft was moved UP ten days, he would be ready. Sounds like they know who they want/what positions to target.
  • Doesn't think there will be "impromptu" trade up and trade downs like usual during draft day. Thinks most trading up and down talks are going to ramp up a week before the draft. 
  • Expecting significant contribution from Gurley. Comfortable with his health.
  • WR group in draft is really deep. Capable of getting starters in 5th or 6th rounds.
  • Should be interesting to see centers and tackles being drafted in the first two rounds. 
    • This is my opinion but sounds like TD thinks they'll be a run on them. Trade down possibility for us for a OL hungry team? I'd love an extra second or third round pick in this draft class.
  • Interior DL group and CB group are really strong. "I think we're in a good place" is the comment he made after talking about the DT and CB group. Hinting at the obvious interest there. 
    • Did not mention DE though.
  • Said getting Gurley (RB), Hurst(TE) and Fowler(DE) helped take the focus off those positions early. But then quickly pulled a classic TD move and said BPA is still in play at any time.
  • A lot of teams/GMs think you can move back into the 20s and still acquire impact talent.
  • In a good position at 16 to move up or down even though he admits we hardly ever trade back.

Round 1 need more sacks with force and power or future qb.  Draft another stud rb in first 3 rounds bc o-line will be much better with Gonobeast now at LG.  Rounds 4-5 draft back 7 looking for speed, but of T.Moss is still available draft him.  So many options.  Look for ol and dl depth last 2 rounds.  Still think Falcons should look to sign Vinny Curry for 2 years at 2-2.5 a year.  He will get at least 5 sacks on the year and can play inside and outside.  Very versatile player and a great leader who's also good against the run.  Top 5 in the NFL last year in qb pressure %.  Falcons need to get more physical and faster as a team.  

Edited by Gonobeast

I got a sneak peak at Dimitroff's draft board and it is as follows - I only had time to copy the 1st round draft board up to 30 picks.

Falcons 1st round draft board:

1. Chase Young, DE - Ohio State
  2. Isaiah Simmons, LB - Clemson
  3. Joe Burrow, QB - LSU (not taking QB)
  4. Jeff Okudah, CB - Ohio State
  5. Derrick Brown, DT - Auburn
  6. Javon Kinlaw, DT - South Carolina
  7. Tua Tagovailoa, QB - Alabama (not taking QB)
  8. Andrew Thomas, OT - Georgia (not taking OT)
  9. Tristan Wirfs, OT - Iowa (not taking OT)
  10. Jedrick Wills, OT - Alabama (not taking OT)
  11. CJ Henderson, CB - Florida
  12. Jerry Jeudy, WR - Alabama (not a need)
  13. CeeDee Lamb, WR - Oklahoma (not a need)
  14. Mekhi Becton, OT - Louisville (not a need)
  15. Kenneth Murray, LB - Oklahoma
  16. K'Lavvon Chaison, LB - LSU
  17. AJ Terrell, CB - Clemson
  18. Kristian Fulton, CB - LSU  (character flag^)
  19. Patrick Queen, LB - LSU
  20. Henry Ruggs, WR - Alabama (not a need)
  21. Xavier McKinny, S - Alabama
  22. Jordan Love, QB - Utah State (not taking a QB)
  23. Trevon Diggs, CB - Alabama
  24. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE - Penn State
  25. Ross Blacklock, DT - TCU
  26. Grant Delpit, S - LSU
  27. D'Andre Swift, RB - UGA
  28. Jeff Gladney, CB - TCU
  29. Zach Baun, OLB - Wisconsin
  30. AJ Epenesa, DE/DT - Iowa

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

“We’re in a good spot” wtf does that mean TD, lol.  I just hope that there is no foolishness lurking.  

That’s exactly it good spot says nothing he’s a master at it.

You say nothing give nothing away and let everyone speculate.

Foolishness to me means giving info away you give nothing by saying everything and your real intent is hidden in the multiple messages.

Gibberish but in amongst it is who the Falcons will pick.

8 hours ago, jidady said:

Yeah, I would be shocked if it were anyone but Young.

The top of the Big Board is usually a lot of names that will never be in play like that. If we are in on QBs, Burrow is probably the other person in our top two.

If we have evaluated QBs heavily, I would like to know what we thought of Tua's health. That information could feasibly leak.

Most teams have two boards, a big board and then one by position.  Burrow is likely in the top two of the big board regardless of needing one or not.  

16 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s exactly it good spot says nothing he’s a master at it.

You say nothing give nothing away and let everyone speculate.

Foolishness to me means giving info away you give nothing by saying everything and your real intent is hidden in the multiple messages.

Gibberish but in amongst it is who the Falcons will pick.

What I meant in regards to foolishness would be crazy moving up scenarios.