Dimitroff: Draft board is all set

Cole World

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Just expect the unexpected. We all have an idea of what we want but there's absolutely no telling with this group. Could shock everyone and draft CeeDee Lamb

I could actually get excited about that, except Dirk Koetter runs the show

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I wouldn't be too upset with it. That young buck can run the **** out of some routes. 

Could be as good a replacement for Julio as is possible in a few years when JJ slows down, retires, gets traded, whatever. Hard time seeing him as being drafted because he doesn't instantly make the team that much better, and Quinnmitroff are trying to save their skins now, not trying to win a SB 3 yrs from now.

1 minute ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Could be as good a replacement for Julio as is possible in a few years when JJ slows down, retires, gets traded, whatever. Hard time seeing him as being drafted because he doesn't instantly make the team that much better, and Quinnmitroff are trying to save their skins now, not trying to win a SB 3 yrs from now.

I agree that I don't see him being drafted, hence I said "just expect the unexpected"

I disagree that he doesn't make the team that much better. IF, hear me out, IF the line stays healthy and that level of play carries over into next season, a healthy Gurley, Jones, Ridley, Hurst and Lamb would be an amazing feat to watch and would make Dirks offense look amazing. The defense added the big money pass rusher and plans to have Debo and Foye as the starters at LB. Biggest thing needed is another CB and DT. IMO, don't forget that part. 

Granted that's just hypothetical and dependent on momentum carrying over which is unknown at this point

45 minutes ago, direwolf said:

Probably Chase Young, I'd think. He's very possibly a better defensive end than Burroughs is a quarterback and has more value to the Falcons.

Yeah, I would be shocked if it were anyone but Young.

The top of the Big Board is usually a lot of names that will never be in play like that. If we are in on QBs, Burrow is probably the other person in our top two.

If we have evaluated QBs heavily, I would like to know what we thought of Tua's health. That information could feasibly leak.

This is the 1st draft I can remember that I'm not married to 1 or 2 prospects in the 1st. As long as we are a better team after, I'm happy.

I could see them going CB, DT, LB, OL, S and even RB

Edited by Snafu