Everyone safe after last night??

papachaz

Safe here in Alabama. We were spared by tornado's that touched down in the surrounding counties. The part of the storm that came through where I live was the same storm that produced that massive tornado that hit Monroe, Louisiana and then continued into Mississippi and eventually ended up in Chattanooga.

Look at this gif someone made. You can see the red tornado warning boxes from when it started in Louisiana and follow the path of the storm through Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. It came right over where I live but thankfully for me one of the tornado's that touched down was about 10 miles south of where I live.

https://twitter.com/bill_line/status/1249762444810960896?s=20

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Good deal, & just like you, I stayed up pretty late monitoring the chaos all around.  all good here too!

yeah the only one in our house who slept much at all last night is the two year old grandson....the rest of us? if I said we're just a tad crabby this evening, it would be the biggest under estimation in the history of it, LOL

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

:lol:  yeah, it was rough getting up this morning.  

yeah, the daugher is up at 5 every morning to get ready for work. I was up and down all night, so I got up a little before 5, went out to the storage building and drug out the generator, since the power went out at 12:35. I figured the two refrigerators needed to be hooked up, because at that time GA Power was still 'assessing' things and no clue as to when it would come back on.

so drag out the genny, a couple extension cords and hook up inside to the coffee maker first so she could make her coffee. Then trying to pull the refrigerator away from the wall to get to the plug, pulled something in my back. yeah, not been a good day at all. power back on at noon today, refrigerator still away from the wall, LOL not going back today either

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

yeah, the daugher is up at 5 every morning to get ready for work. I was up and down all night, so I got up a little before 5, went out to the storage building and drug out the generator, since the power went out at 12:35. I figured the two refrigerators needed to be hooked up, because at that time GA Power was still 'assessing' things and no clue as to when it would come back on.

so drag out the genny, a couple extension cords and hook up inside to the coffee maker first so she could make her coffee. Then trying to pull the refrigerator away from the wall to get to the plug, pulled something in my back. yeah, not been a good day at all. power back on at noon today, refrigerator still away from the wall, LOL not going back today either

Oh no!  Papachaz having a rough time but being a good Papa!  :tiphat:

Canton checking in.  Only thing to report was getting woke up by the TORNADO WARNING o my phone at 2:00 am.  Storms weren’t bad here. Just rain and lightning.

Tocccoa and Estonollee where my Dad and sister live was hit hard.  Luckily they didn’t lose anything other than power.

Edited by Godzilla1985