Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DonOfThemBirds

Has the UFC lost some of it's steam as an ascending competitive sport?

42 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep

Roids are odd because even people who don't look physically freakish can still be using them. It's really just based on the person and how their body is.

TJ Dillashaw is another fighter who didn't look like he was taking roids. But his almost godly like cardio and recovery time during fights really raised questions up until he got popped for PEDs.

So it goes back to the lance armstrong parallel. How many folks are on roids in ufc?

To me the sport is healthier than ever before. It has evolved and the fighters today are more well-rounded than in the past barring a few exceptions like GSP. It has developed a strong following worldwide and has drawn in multiple disciplines’ fan bases. Kids are training for MMA at a younger age and aren’t coming up as teenagers only doing Karate or wrestling or boxing. 

On 5/18/2020 at 12:45 PM, VTCrunkler said:

So it goes back to the lance armstrong parallel. How many folks are on roids in ufc?

Yep, I honestly think most fighters are still on something to gain an edge. It just may not be traditional PED's.

I think the chase to clean up sports will always be a cat and mouse game because there will always be new and innovative ways to cheat. Cheating always evolves.

8 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, I honestly think most fighters are still on something to gain an edge. It just may not be traditional PED's.

I think the chase to clean up sports will always be a cat and mouse game because there will always be new and innovative ways to cheat. Cheating always evolves.

Exactly. And i think most nfl players on Some form of peds. And clearly peds have given players like Julian Edelman an edge. Without peds you think hes running as fast or taking hits or recovering?

On 5/22/2020 at 3:48 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Exactly. And i think most nfl players on Some form of peds. And clearly peds have given players like Julian Edelman an edge. Without peds you think hes running as fast or taking hits or recovering?

Yeah, I agree that Edelman is a product of PEDs.

Just saw an interview of a former WWE wrestler Mark Henry. He was talking about his days as an Olympic weightlifter. Henry talked about the extremes of how far people would go to cheat. Even as far as to drain their bladders completely empty of their own urine and then refill them by pumping someone else's clean urine into them to avoid testing positive.

That has to be one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard.

8 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

pumping someone else's clean urine into them

i imagine the mechanics of this are complicated.  i bet it hurt... i wonder how long the urine was "good" for

On 5/27/2020 at 4:16 PM, VTCrunkler said:

i imagine the mechanics of this are complicated.  i bet it hurt... i wonder how long the urine was "good" for

Yeah, so much has to go into that method for it to be pulled off properly. I imagine that everything has to be timed perfectly from draining their bladders to refilling them with clean urine for testing before it gets contaminated from the participant's natural urine cycle.

Pulling that off becomes even more difficult unless a participant's camp is tipped off when a random test is coming. I agree that it has to be very painful, especially when pumping the clean urine in.

58 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, so much has to go into that method for it to be pulled off properly. I imagine that everything has to be timed perfectly from draining their bladders to refilling them with clean urine for testing before it gets contaminated from the participant's natural urine cycle.

Pulling that off becomes even more difficult unless a participant's camp is tipped off when a random test is coming. I agree that it has to be very painful, especially when pumping the clean urine in.

Are you aware of folks still doing this?

have you seen the Lance Armstrong doc?  Blood doping, or blood transfusions, etc. it was fascinating