Hayden Hurst is all-in to be the best tight end he can be for Matt Ryan.

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Mark my words. 

He'll make folks forget about Hooper. 

We'll see but he has the tools to do well. He arguably is faster and more athletic. His blocking is good. His hands are also good.

It's a matter of developing that chemistry with Ryan.

The following is from a Ravens fan that references a play from last season where Hurst burned the Bills defense.

1. Mark Andrews is a good player, but this kind of play just proves that Hurst is honestly just about as fast, and just about as much of a "deep threat" TE, as Andrews can be.

2. Of all the Ravens' TEs, while Boyle is the best blocker, and Andrews is (dubiously) the "best" downfield weapon, Hurst is and has been the most well rounded of the three. He can block very well, he runs good routes, has great hands, and is obviously also capable of making big splash plays.

3. The only reason Andrews has been succeeding, while many want to label Hurst a First Round "bust", is because Hurst had the misfortune of having an injury that set him back his rookie season. Otherwise, I have always believed that Hurst is fully capable of putting up Andrews' numbers, and he could absolutely be the one having a monster season, if Lamar actually bothered targeting him. Andrews is a good player. But Hurst was the first TE to go in last year's draft for a reason. He is a complete package player, and I have always felt he should be our "Starter", or at the very least, get more snaps and a LOT more targets than he does. We're wasting the dude.

I think Hurst will do very well for the Falcons. Think his ceiling is higher than Hoop.   

It looks like Arthur is trying to build a local fanbase with the top end free agents and the trade. Gurley, GA, Fowler, FL and Hurst being from Jacksonville and playing at South Carolina. I wonder if the draft will follow that trend. 

52 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I think Hurst will do very well for the Falcons. Think his ceiling is higher than Hoop.   

It looks like Arthur is trying to build a local fanbase with the top end free agents and the trade. Gurley, GA, Fowler, FL and Hurst being from Jacksonville and playing at South Carolina. I wonder if the draft will follow that trend. 

Prob not.

10 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

I have a good feeling about Hurst. 

Here is what I see happening several times this season.

Ryan sees man coverage presnap, smells a blitz.

Ryan sees a mediocre coverage LB or S on Hurst.

Ryan makes call at line for Hurst to be hot route. Hurst gets a step on his defender, and it results in 1. A first down 2. A huge play 3. Hurst hits the jets and takes it to the house. (#2 and #3 is what defenses have to worry about)

#3 was not Hoopers game. Hooper was dynamite getting first downs, busting zone coverage, or catching ball on crossing routes. But Hoopers strengths don’t make defenses pay a steep price when they are blitzing the &$# out of you.  A defense will gladly trade a 1st down on a blitz, but when it starts costing them 30 yard receptions and quick strike TDs  they will pull back. Hurst changes what defenses can do, or they will pay.

#3 was always a possibility with Julio or Ridley, but depending on who the compromised coverage defender is, Ryan now has 3 targets to select from that can take it downtown on a blitz and often that will be a safety or LB on Hurst. Think Ishmael.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Here is what I see happening several times this season.

Ryan sees man coverage presnap, smells a blitz.

Ryan sees a LB or S covering Hurst who is average in coverage

Ryan makes call at line for Hurst to be hot route. Hurst gets a step on his defender, and it results in 1. A first down 2. A huge play 3. Hurst hits the jets and takes it to the house. (#2 and #3 is what defenses have to worry about each time)

#3 was not Hoopers game. Hooper was dynamite getting first downs, busting zone coverage, or catching ball on crossing routes. But this is less helpful when defenses are blitzing the &$# out of you.  Hurst changes what defenses can do, or they will pay.

Gurley and Hurst change alot of.what we can do. Just missing Ruggs. Jk