THiS JUST IN: IAN RAPOPORT

18 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Young sat behind Montana for a few years, but the Niners didn't have to spend a 1st round pick on him. Young was looked at as a bust when he was QB of the Bucs

McNabb was about washed up and Kevin Kolb wasn't good so I wouldn't say that they were both starting quality at that point. Like the Niners, Eagles didn't have to spend a 1st round pick on Vick.

If a player is WORTH a first is the only thing that matters in this type of situation...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one plays the predraft game better than Dimitroff. That's why you see him interviewed so much this time of the year.

Not buying it.  If anything it’s to get teams to come after our pick at 16.  

Smoke. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Refried Beans said:

Either way Ryan is gone in two years so why not go get the heir apparent now? Especially if you think you can address CB need in free agency and get a LB rounds 2 or 3 in the draft. And answer honestly, you think Atlanta fans are jacked up rolling out old Matt Ryan and Julio onto the field again? Falcons franchise needs a new hope. They have seen what Matt Ryan and Julio can do.  Fans have been watching Matt Ryan for what? 11, going on 12 years and no hardware. Football is a business, it's entertainment. Rolling Matt Ryan and Julio out every year is like seeing the same old James Bond, you know what you are going to get. Time to get a younger, fresher James Bond. Time to reinvigorate the franchise. New England could roll out old Tom Brady why? Because he won Super Bowls. Falcons rolling out Matt Ryan is like Lions rolling out Matt Stafford and Chargers rolling out Phillip Rivers, same old story different year. You know what you are going to get.  We got the new uniforms, time for a new direction. Drafting the Falcons QB of the future would breathe fresh air into a franchise that is stuck in the mud, in my opinion. 

Stafford is only 32 years old.

Rivers has been the Chargers QB for over 15 years and he has shown huge signs of diminishing, especially last season.

Ryan has some years left, wouldn't mind drafting his replacement in a year or two. This season is about making another run and TD and Quinn saving their job.

Also, Julio ain't going nowhere soon because of his contract.

5 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Either way Ryan is gone in two years so why not go get the heir apparent now? Especially if you think you can address CB need in free agency and get a LB rounds 2 or 3 in the draft. And answer honestly, you think Atlanta fans are jacked up rolling out old Matt Ryan and Julio onto the field again? Falcons franchise needs a new hope. They have seen what Matt Ryan and Julio can do.  Fans have been watching Matt Ryan for what? 11, going on 12 years and no hardware. Football is a business, it's entertainment. Rolling Matt Ryan and Julio out every year is like seeing the same old James Bond, you know what you are going to get. Time to get a younger, fresher James Bond. Time to reinvigorate the franchise. New England could roll out old Tom Brady why? Because he won Super Bowls. Falcons rolling out Matt Ryan is like Lions rolling out Matt Stafford and Chargers rolling out Phillip Rivers, same old story different year. You know what you are going to get.  We got the new uniforms, time for a new direction. Drafting the Falcons QB of the future would breathe fresh air into a franchise that is stuck in the mud, in my opinion. 

Exactly.  Another thing, you can arguably say that the Chiefs just won a chip with lesser talent on defense than the Falcons.  EVERYTHING has to be right around Ryan.  These new quarterbacks are in better position to carry teams.

I forgot Watson in this discussion.  Dude is putting up numbers behind ZERO at offensive line.  Give Watson the talent the Falcons have and the kid is a Georgia dude.  I've heard rumblings from Falcon fans BEFORE the combine about drafting Fromm who is worst than Aaron Murray who CAN run a little.  Thats was OK but when you talk about drafting a dual threat, it a no go...

3 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

If a player is WORTH a first is the only thing that matters in this type of situation...

Drafting a QB on the 1st round right now is not smart knowing that you need defensive playmakers.

TD and Quinn can't invest in the future right now until they secure their jobs this season. Blank already said playoffs or fired.

42 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Posting before this thread gets locked which happens when the replace Ryan discussions start....:lol:

Steve Young sat behind Montana.  Rodgers behind Favre.  The eagles had TWO starters in front of Vick when they signed him.  Ryan isn't above having the Falcons doing the same. Thats just being Smart.  Montana still sore at the 49ers but it gave them the flexibility to move on from giving him another big contract.  Football is business...

Real talk. You have to be proactive, or end up like the Broncos with Bubby Brister.

Just now, Spts1 said:

Exactly.  Another thing, you can arguably say that the Chiefs just won a chip with lesser talent on defense than the Falcons.  EVERYTHING has to be right around Ryan.  These new quarterbacks are in better position to carry teams.

I forgot Watson in this discussion.  Dude is putting up numbers behind ZERO at offensive line.  Give Watson the talent the Falcons have and the kid is a Georgia dude.  I've heard rumblings from Falcon fans BEFORE the combine about drafting Fromm who is worst than Aaron Murray who CAN run a little.  Thats was OK but when you talk about drafting a dual threat, it a no go...

There was some rumor we could trade Ryan for Watson. I would do that in a heartbeat. 

36 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Even with that, Jackson still has to evolve from that limited passing offense that he's in if the Ravens want to win a SB.

His ability to pass is too much predicated on the Ravens ability to run the football. That was why he had a hard time in the playoffs when the Titans took the Ravens run game away.

What makes Mahomes the most dangerous because he does his thing with or without a consistent run game.

That’s besides the point, he was the most valuable player. And y’all think the falcons get disrespected. The guy just won 14 games being unstoppable 

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Stafford is only 32 years old.

Rivers has been the Chargers QB for over 15 years and he has shown huge signs of diminishing, especially last season.

Ryan has some years left, wouldn't mind drafting his replacement in a year or two. This season is about making another run and TD and Quinn saving their job.

Also, Julio ain't going nowhere soon because of his contract.

In ALL these examples you got franchises repeating the same process expecting a different result. Lions, Chargers, Falcons, rolling out the same talent expecting to win the hardware. Time for a change.  To get fans interested again, it is time for Falcons to do something different. I am not saying trade Ryan, let him roll for this year and maybe next but show the fans you got something different coming. Everyone in Atlanta is tired of the same ice cream. 11 years?  Come on. And if you notice even with Lions, Chargers, etc... results are always the same. In a QB driven league if you cant get to the promise land and other franchises can then maybe you NEED to look at your QB. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, etc.. don't have problem consistently getting there even though their personnel changes. So why do the Staffords, Ryans, Rivers, of the world not get there? Maybe they are all good but not great. Time for Falcons to swallow their pride and look in the mirror. Doesn't anyone else find it strange for the last 10 years it has been same QBs in play-offs playing for hardware. Almost every year you can bank on Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wilson, being in the mix. 

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Drafting a QB on the 1st round right now is not smart knowing that you need defensive playmakers.

TD and Quinn can't invest in the future right now until they secure their jobs this season. Blank already said playoffs or fired.

The Chiefs won it with their offense and the RIGHT quarterback...

23 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

KADY BAR THE DOOR!!!  This is NOT what people in here want to hear.  At all.  God forbid we should even think on moving on beyond St. Matt.  I said it before and I'll say it again... If we could draft God as our next QB, clowns in here would burn down the city.  Not quite sure if we would have blown a 28-3 lead had we had God as QB though...   But don't fret, MR is a hall of famer... 28-3 or not.

MR wasn't the reason we lost tbe SB,  but then again, you know this and are just trolling.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Fromm is overrated garbage.

Also, Burrow isn't Rodgers. Don't see him coming close to being as historically efficient as Rodgers. Another thing is that he'll be playing for the Bengals and Burrow will have to be the guy as soon as he is drafted.

Love has elite physical traits, but that's the only thing he really has right now because his decision making and accuracy need a lot of work.

"  Kirby, are you gonna keep missing out on national championships because you keep deploying statues at quarterback?"

Best No Secs GIFs | Gfycat

UGA's EVOLUTION w/ QB Jamie Newman may pay DIVIDENDS!!! - YouTube

:ninja:

Edited by Spts1
7 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

That is false. Frank Clark is better than any pass rusher the Falcons have. Mathieu is better than any FS the Falcons have. Chiefs also had Chris Jones.

If I am Falcons, I am going all in on Burrows, this is my opinion, but that dude is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers, I am telling you now. He is going to be that next cocky QB doing the discount double check belt in the end zone, while other franchises sit there and just take it. The dude has a chip on his shoulder and look at his numbers last year at LSU! Off the chart. He freaked the NCAA like a video game. You put that dude in the right system and he will be lights out. Same with Love. Just when you think you got them covered and the right defense called they run for 15 yards and burn you. Just the same type of frustrating QB as Rodgers. When is the last time you seen Matt Ryan run for 15 yards? 

5 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

In ALL these examples you got franchises repeating the same process expecting a different result. Lions, Chargers, Falcons, rolling out the same talent expecting to win the hardware. Time for a change.  To get fans interested again, it is time for Falcons to do something different. I am not saying trade Ryan, let him roll for this year and maybe next but show the fans you got something different coming. Everyone in Atlanta is tired of the same ice cream. 11 years?  Come on. And if you notice even with Lions, Chargers, etc... results are always the same. In a QB driven league if you cant get to the promise land and other franchises can then maybe you NEED to look at your QB. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, etc.. don't have problem consistently getting there even though their personnel changes. So why do the Staffords, Ryans, Rivers, of the world not get there? Maybe they are all good but not great. Time for Falcons to swallow their pride and look in the mirror. Doesn't anyone else find it strange for the last 10 years it has been same QBs in play-offs playing for hardware. Almost every year you can bank on Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wilson, being in the mix. 

Yeah it’s time to blow it up in 2 years max but Blank will let Ryan QB until he decides to hang it up, whether we get better or not. Falcon for life vs what’s best for winning.

51 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

If I am Falcons, I am going all in on Burrows, this is my opinion, but that dude is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers, I am telling you now. He is going to be that next cocky QB doing the discount double check belt in the end zone, while other franchises sit there and just take it. The dude has a chip on his shoulder and look at his numbers last year at LSU! Off the chart. He freaked the NCAA like a video game. You put that dude in the right system and he will be lights out. Same with Love. Just when you think you got them covered and the right defense called they run for 15 yards and burn you. Just the same type of frustrating QB as Rodgers. When is the last time you seen Matt Ryan run for 15 yards? 

And like you said earlier, fans are tired of seeing him and Julio being rolled out there as the face of the franchise.  Just on that alone folks want to move on from Ryan and eventually Julio...  Falcons are a stale product which is the reason they got the new uniforms.  Doesn't matter if you keep putting the same dudes in them that fans don't like...

Edited by Spts1
2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Fromm sucks man.

Duel threat QBs are just like any other QBs, they are nothing if they suck.

I spent three years telling Georgia fans that Fromm sucked.  The FIRST mistake Kirby did was keeping Eason on the bench for Fromm.  That move cost him and then later playing Justin Fields like he did...

5 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

MR wasn't the reason we lost tbe SB,  but then again, you know this and are just trolling.

Yea I am going to disagree on this. As a NFL QB that is SEASONED. When all you need to do to win the Super Bowl is kick a field goal and get your trophy and a Pass call comes in from the sidelines when you are in field goal range. You have to have the awareness to call a timeout and discuss this call with your OC. That is not trolling that is stating a fact. Again this is a prime example of why, in my opinion, I think he is a good QB and not a GREAT QB. A Me person QB questions the call. A boy scout, do as you are told QB just runs the play