Double trade?

GATXBOI

Hypothetical

Never seen it happen... would be dope if it could and would it work? 

Ok so the Falcons call the Jets. Trade picks 16 47 for picks 11,79 and 116.

Philly calls us. Falcons trade 11, 116 and 229 for 21,53 and 103

21: K'Lavon Chaisson LSU Edge

53: Raekwon Davis Alabama DT 

78: Tony Pride Jr Notre Dame CB 

79: Ashtyn Davis California S

103: Davion Taylor Colorado LB 

119: Cam Akers  FSU RB

143: Trevis Gipson Tulsa DE

Reactions and thoughts

17 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

So we trade up to trade back? Looks unrealistic to me.

I very much doubt Chaisson would be there at #21 and Cam Akers likely goes much higher (in fact I'd be surprised if he doesn't go ahead of Raekwon Davis at this point).

No traded up for Kinlaw. He simmons Brown okudah gone by 8 so I traded down and acquired more picks.

Nobody wanted Chaisson at 16 but now your complaining because he drop to 21.

I doubt Akers goes top 50. Not enough film plus poor everything at FSU.

Just now, GATXBOI said:

No traded up for Kinlaw. He simmons Brown okudah gone by 8 so I traded down and acquired more picks.

I've got no complaints taking Chaisson at #16, even better of we can get him at #21, but I think it's unlikely..

3 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I've got no complaints taking Chaisson at #16, even better of we can get him at #21, but I think it's unlikely..

I look at it like this if we don't trade up between 8-12 prefer 8 to block jax... we will miss out on kinlaw. 

Nobody above us wants Chaisson unless it's too block us. Plus remember he didn't workout at the combine either. His draft stock could drop. 

13 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

It’s very realistic.  He has all the athletic traits and none of the production and has short arms,  he could very well be amazing, but saying he has very little chance to fall to 21 is extremely short sited.  We have no clue where these guys will go.  I think he slips and I also think Epenesa will have a better career than Chaisson, could care less about the combine for AJ.

12 minutes ago, Rings said:

It’s very realistic.  He has all the athletic traits and none of the production and has short arms,  he could very well be amazing, but saying he has very little chance to fall to 21 is extremely short sited.  We have no clue where these guys will go.  I think he slips and I also think Epenesa will have a better career than Chaisson, could care less about the combine for AJ.

I agree only if we play chaisson as a true edge and if Aj takes on JJ watt role

Sky is the ceiling for Chaisson better then every OLB/edge to come out of LSU in the last four years. Has all the tools. 

Coverage, runstop and passrush 

Edited by GATXBOI

1 hour ago, Rings said:

I think we have an idea based on the information that is out there. Chaisson is universally rated as the 2nd best edge rusher in this class and history tells us those guys rarely last to the 20's. 

7 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

I doubt we would trade up with the Jets unless the player we wanted was there at 11. We would not trade up before draft starts 

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I think we have an idea based on the information that is out there. Chaisson is universally rated as the 2nd best edge rusher in this class and history tells us those guys rarely last to the 20's. 

Just because ESPN, NFL Netork or other mock drafts have him number two doesn’t mean teams do, PFF has him as their fifth edge for instance and 46th player overall.  Clelin Ferrel was most people’s third or fourth edge last year and goes 4th overall before Allen, before Sweat, before Gary.  We also normally don’t have the top group of qbs, tackles or WRs at the top that will likely push some guys with question marks down.  It’s not insane to think that the below scenario could play out.  4 qbs go top 20, 4 wr, 4 tackles, 2 DTs, 2 cbs, 1 cb, 1 edge, 1 lb, 1 safety.  

Chaisson May go early, he may slip.  Point is we have no clue what’s going to happen, we have even less of an idea without prodays and this year being like nothing we have ever seen before.  Players with question marks are more likely to slide this year than previous years because they had less opportunity to answer those questions in workouts.

8 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

I agree only if we play chaisson as a true edge and if Aj takes on JJ watt role

Sky is the ceiling for Chaisson better then every OLB/edge to come out of LSU in the last four years. Has all the tools. 

Coverage, runstop and passrush 

I agree, but arm length is a real concern for me against NFL tackles.

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

His hand placement is phenomenal and arm length is fine.... I think people are knit picking on this guy.

Of the top 20 players last year in the NFL at creating pressure, he would average 1.5” shorter arms than that group.  The only player on that list with arms as short as him is Shaq Barrett who no one would consider amazing by any means, even though he had a Beasley type sack leading year last year (very flukey and a lot were unblocked).  

2019 Top 20 Players - Pressure Rate: Arm Length

Chandler Jones: 35.5”
Myles Garrett: 35.3”
Cameron Jordan: 35.0”
Carlos Dunlap: 34.6”
Justin Houston: 34.5”
Danielle Hunter: 34.3”
Robert Quinn: 34.0”
Preston Smith: 34.0”
Matthew Judon: 33.9”
Dante Fowler: 33.8”
Marcus Davenport: 33.6”
Von Miller: 33.5”
Josh Allen: 33.5”
Joey Bosa: 33.4”
TJ Watt: 33.1”
JJ Watt: 33.0”
Nick Bosa: 33.0”
Za’Darius Smith: 32.6”
Adrian Clayborn: 32.5”
Shaq Barrett: 32.3”

K’Lavon Chaisson: 32.3”

Not saying it’s the end all, be all, but still a concern.

I don’t think it is nitpicking at all.  He had an amazing toolset that never equated to production.  He has 9 sacks, 41 total pressures on 516 pass rush snaps, for a 7.9% pressure rate over three years at LSU.  His high end is great, and fun as **** to watch, but his complete lack of production rushing the passer make him a big question mark to me, and a huge projection hoping it clicks for him at the next level.  I, personally, wouldn’t take him in the first half of round one if it was up to me.  Late 20’s, yes.

I still like Epenesa myself as the #2 EDGE.  People here loved him based off tape and film and then he ran a horrid 40/10 yd split and everyone lost their mind.  He doesn’t have as high of a ceiling as Chaisson, but he has a higher floor and I’ll take 899 pass rushes, 138 pressures for 15.3% pressure rate.  I get that it isn’t SEC talent he’s going against everyday, but the big 10 isn’t a joke.  Chase Young had a 16.9% pressure rate in the same conference for example.

3 minutes ago, Rings said:

Of the top 20 players last year in the NFL at creating pressure, he would average 1.5” shorter arms than that group.  The only player on that list with arms as short as him is Shaq Barrett who no one would consider amazing by any means, even though he had a Beasley type sack leading year last year (very flukey and a lot were unblocked).  I don’t think it is nitpicking at all.  He had an amazing toolset that never equated to production.  He has 9 sacks, 41 total pressures on 516 pass rush snaps, for a 7.9% pressure rate over three years at LSU.  His high end is great, and fun as **** to watch, but his complete lack of production rushing the passer make him a big question mark to me, and a huge projection hoping it clicks for him at the next level.  I, personally, wouldn’t take him in the first half of round one if it was up to me.  Late 20’s, yes.

I still like Epenesa myself as the #2 EDGE.  People here loved him based off tape and film and then he ran a horrid 40/10 yd split and everyone lost their mind.  He doesn’t have as high of a ceiling as Chaisson, but he has a higher floor and I’ll take 899 pass rushes, 138 pressures for 15.3% pressure rate.  I get that it isn’t SEC talent he’s going against everyday, big 10 isn’t a joke.  Chase Young had a 16.9% pressure rate in the same conference for example.

This man tore his acl in the beginning of the season in 2018. The 1st game vs Miami when he was healthy he had 5 total tackles and a sack..... came back the following year and gradually got back to form and when he was 100%. You see what he can do.

He is very explosive and fundamentally sound. And when it comes to football. He is everything you wanted Beasley or Campbell to be. For those who like to keep shooting out these comparisons. 

If we get Chaisson we're getting a true dawg... think of Jamal Adams as an OLB or DE it doesn't matter. This is K'Lavon Chaisson 

2 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

This man tore his acl in the beginning of the season in 2018. The 1st game vs Miami when he was healthy he had 5 total tackles and a sack..... came back the following year and gradually got back to form and when he was 100%. You see what he can do.

He is very explosive and fundamentally sound. And when it comes to football. He is everything you wanted Beasley or Campbell to be. For those who like to keep shooting out these comparisons. 

If we get Chaisson we're getting a true dawg... think of Jamal Adams as an OLB or DE it doesn't matter. This is K'Lavon Chaisson 

That’s fair.  I updated the post to include the players I used to compare.  

Again, I could be wrong on him and I’d gladly eat a ton of crow for it, draft is always a crap shoot and GMs getting paid millions aren’t even good at this, so I know we as fans aren’t any better.  Those are just my two main concerns, love his athleticism, energy and power, worry about arm length and lack of production in college.  

1 minute ago, Rings said:

That’s fair.  I updated the post to include the players I used to compare.  

Again, I could be wrong on him and I’d gladly eat a ton of crow for it, draft is always a crap shoot and GMs getting paid millions aren’t even good at this, so I know we as fans aren’t any better.  Those are just my two main concerns, love his athleticism, energy and power, worry about arm length and lack of production in college.  

So I guess Josh  Uche is out of the question because he is not tall enough to work against NFL tackles too huh. ONLY 6'1

7 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

So I guess Josh  Uche is out of the question because he is not tall enough to work against NFL tackles too huh. ONLY 6'1

His height doesn’t bother me that much, as he has oddly long arms for being shorter, so he has the length to shed blocks, he just doesn’t have the strength.  I don’t like him as an edge, as @FalconsIn2012 brought up a couple days ago, think he is a better fit playing as an offball LB.  Michigan moved him there a lot, played 1/3 of his snaps there.  Think he would be a huge liability against the run as well if kept at edge.

10 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

You are absolutely right about simmons, brown, Okudah and kinlaw being  gone by pick 8, or worst case by the jags pick at 9. If we can find a trade partner to move back we need another 3rd round pick, to fill one more starting spot, on the  roster. We need a starting cb, dt, lb, s, Rb, and de. We have 5 picks within the first 4 rounds. By adding an extra third would give us 6 picks. Of course chances of hitting on all 6 picks are slim, but hopefully 4 of them would be descent starters.

5 minutes ago, Rings said:

His height doesn’t bother me that much, as he has oddly long arms for being shorter, so he has the length to shed blocks, he just doesn’t have the strength.  I don’t like him as an edge, as @FalconsIn2012 brought up a couple days ago, think he is a better fit playing as an offball LB.  Michigan moved him there a lot, played 1/3 of his snaps there.  Think he would be a huge liability against the run as well if kept at edge.

But you can't see Chaisson as on off ball LB...

5 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

You are absolutely right about simmons, brown, Okudah and kinlaw being  gone by pick 8, or worst case by the jags pick at 9. If we can find a trade partner to move back we need another 3rd round pick, to fill one more starting spot, on the  roster. We need a starting cb, dt, lb, s, Rb, and de. We have 5 picks within the first 4 rounds. By adding an extra third would give us 6 picks. Of course chances of hitting on all 6 picks are slim, but hopefully 4 of them would be descent starters.

Right...I hope it is a run on ot qb and wr