#16 Needs to add something the team doesn't currently have..

I've been doing a review of the players most likely to be available at #16 in preparation for my "Mock With Me" draft I'm planning on posting this week.  

What's stood out to me is that there are only certain guys most likely to be available at #16 that actually add something that's currently missing on our team instead of just bolstering a position of weakness. That's very key to me as I would personally love to add a stud LB, but we have 2 decent, rangy LBs. I'd be ecstatic if Derrick Brown somehow fell, but we have stout run stuffers on the roster already. No, we need a guy that provides a distinctive element that we don't have. 

So to that end,  my list of guys that do so are:

- Javon Kinlaw: Lethal mix of power and speed that is only matched by Grady Jarrett. What he has that Grady doesn't is size. Kinlaw is 6'6 320 lbs with Grady's speed and power. He'd immediately be a physical standout from all our other interior linemen. Bad news is he's the least likely to still be on the board at #16

- Grant Delpit: The more I do my draft review, the more I think Delpit might be our best option to add a dynamic element the team doesn't currently have. Delpit has elite range to play the deep safety in single high sets and the size that none of our current FS options possess. I like Rico and think he's overcome great odds and a lack of necessary physical tools to be an above average FS. However you can't teach size and speed. Delpit has it and could be a total game changer if you mixed his physical gifts with Rico's mentality. Also notable, Rico has shown ability to play the NCB position decently. That may be an option. If not, I'd bring him on as a coach. 

- CJ Henderson: Show me our 6 ft or taller CB that runs a 4.3? Oh, we don't have one. CJ comes with the physical traits of an elite CB in the nfl. I'm not a huge fan of his tape, but he held his own against Ja'Mar Chase and generally hasn't given up big yardage often. There are other CBs whose on the field play I like more, but CJ's play was pretty good and his physical tools are too good to not give him a serious look if he's available. 

- K'Lavon Chaisson: I've gotta admit of all the guys I've mentioned, Chaisson is my least favorite. However he does add a mixture of size, speed and versatility we don't currently have. He's versatile enough to play DE or SLB. I think he MIGHT be a better version of De'Vondre Campbell. His lack of production scares the heck outta me. But he does fit the criteria of adding something unique.

So that's my list. What do you guys think. I'm of the opinion we're drafting one of these guys. Do you agree with my assessments about guys that add unique elements? Did I miss someone? Let me know

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Grant Delpit: The more I do my draft review, the more I think Delpit might be our best option to add a dynamic element the team doesn't currently have. Delpit has elite range to play the deep safety in single high sets and the size that none of our current FS options possess.

I am Tim Mazetti and I approve this message.