Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a Weber LP gas grill. I need a really good recipe to use when cooking brisket. I love it when other people cook it but I’ve never tried to cook it myself. What would be the best way to season it and cook it on my grill?  Temperature? Time etc?

9 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Yeah the sharks (aka neighbors) circled the house at the four hour mark and brought some beer...they are all gone until the next round. I’m thinking surf and turf for tomorrow after seeing your pics.

:lol:

I know what you mean man, I have an Akorn Jr in my camper, and the wife and I were set up at Ft Mountain State Park a few years ago and I was cooking ribs low and slow, make my own rub and sauce, and the guy a few campsites down kept walking back and forth until he couldn't stand it any more and just came knocked on the door "Man, what ARE you cooking" :lol:

9 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I have a Weber LP gas grill. I need a really good recipe to use when cooking brisket. I love it when other people cook it but I’ve never tried to cook it myself. What would be the best way to season it and cook it on my grill?  Temperature? Time etc?

ummm, dude, brisket on a gas grill????

go punch yourself in the face and get back to us

:lol::lol:

11 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

ok in all seriousness, when I do a brisket, I cook around 250*, rub the oil thing with olive oil and the simplest yet tasty rub is montreal steak seasoning. Time will depend on the size of the brisket. I will highly recommend you google Aaron Franklin and brisket.

I have a couple of the cheap 'akorn' kamado, it's a knockoff BGE, it's not ceramic but it really does do a good job. it will hold a fire on a full load of lump charcoal for close to 24 hours

9 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Man I gotta try that. I love it when others cook it. I’ve just never tried it myself. Papa me and you are nearly neighbors. When this whole mess is over we ought to break bread together 

you know what, we have been saying this for a few years now, dang it we need to make it happen when the all clear is given for sure!

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I just got popeyes. I'd go to chik fil a but I was feeling a side of "**** you" with my chicken today.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Popeyes Chicken Sandwich > Chic-Fil-A's Chicken Sandwich - not close.

My fiance won't even consider trying the Popeyes sandwich. I never remember to try it untill we end up arguing about it. AND I already had dinner or I'd go drive thru. Maybe tomorrow!:rolleyes: what is the sauce they put on it?! That is my only hang up.

37 minutes ago, papachaz said:

Here ya go Marvin

d5FHW4W.jpg

JdirGpM.jpg

P9oEpHG.jpg

32 minutes ago, papachaz said:

here's one I did on the offset smoker, little more of a 'bark' (crust) on this one. cooked with pecan wood

FAiQE3S.jpg

Papachaz meet @Regular Guy. Regular guy, meet Papachaz. I think you 2 will get along just fine

22 minutes ago, Shaggy 2.0 said:

My fiance won't even consider trying the Popeyes sandwich. I never remember to try it untill we end up arguing about it. AND I already had dinner or I'd go drive thru. Maybe tomorrow!:rolleyes: what is the sauce they put on it?! That is my only hang up.

I get the classic instead of the spicy.

You aren’t married yet - still time to back out if she doesn’t come around.