If you could add a former falcon in his prime years to this team who would it be?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Atownbound said:

To bad we didnt even see much of Rod Coleman. Didn't he end his football career by a jet skiing accident? I have to go with Turner and Abraham. Have we ever had a ball hawk at safety?

Yes Ray Brown. Averaged 4 picks a year for seven years. As a freakin strong safety.

Our defense was stout in that era (71-77). Especially the pass defense.

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yes Ray Brown. Averaged 4 picks a year for seven years. As a freakin strong safety.

Our defense was stout in that era (71-77). Especially the pass defense.

Brown (‘71-77), Pridemore (‘78-84) & Scott (‘84-94) were our best safeties.  We clearly understood the value of the position for those 24 years

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

That's what I was thinking. Nobis would get eaten alive in today's game.

While I understand your reasoning, I respectfully disagree. Tommy Nobis wouldn’t have gotten eaten alive anywhere. Things have changed, no doubt. Athletes are bigger, faster, stronger etc. With that being said, either you can play or you can’t play. Tommy Nobis could play. 

4 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

While I understand your reasoning, I respectfully disagree. Tommy Nobis wouldn’t have gotten eaten alive anywhere. Things have changed, no doubt. Athletes are bigger, faster, stronger etc. With that being said, either you can play or you can’t play. Tommy Nobis could play. 

This. I bet buddy would still tear up the league. His instincts were great and he was tenacious.

Anybody that would average 300 tackles a year can probably play in any era.

Deion definitely.  Shutting down half the field would help our other corners and help the pass rush get home.

On D, honorable mention to Kerney, Abe, and Coleman who nearly all played at the same time.

Offense would be Mike Kenn.  Could plug him in at OT or OG and he'd lock down that area.  If you threw him in at LG, We'd have Kenn, Mack, Lindstrom on the inside w Matthews on the left.  Only weakness would be RT.

I'm surprised so many are going with Coleman. Don't get me wrong Coleman was awesome but he wasn't in the same universe value wise as prime Sanders and he wasn't as good as Abe who also happens to fill a need we've been desperately trying trying to fill since... well, since we had Abe. To me Sanders and Abe are the easy one and two. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
4 hours ago, Vandy said:

100%. Sadly many falcon fans don’t even know who he was as a player. 

Cain and Andrews replaced Bubba Bean and Haskel Stanback.  Both Cain and Andrews were primarily blocking backs in college.  ( folks don't  remember two and three back sets either).  Both became great running backs in the NFL.  Andrews was on his way to the Hall of Fame.  He was one of the first backs who was used as a receiver out of the.backfield...