Note that I believe we will sign a veteran CB because the current group is so young.  Because that I do not expect our first pick to be a CB.

Also our OL room is pretty full so barring a guy we like slipping I don't think we spend a pick here.

Draft:

***Trade back & receive Raiders pick #19 and 3rd round pick #81

1. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn St - We have not had a prototypical 4-3 DE in a while and Gross-Matos is one of my favorite prospects because he is good against the run and the pass and plays with an edge.  Instant addition to the DL rotation and provides insurance for Takk.  

2. Joshua Uche, LB/Edge, Michigan - De’Vondre Campbell’s departure leaves a void and Uche fills it.  Will likely take over as the starter early.

3a. Davon Hamilton, DT Ohio St - An impressive DT with good size.  Should immediately join the DT rotation and likely be a starter by the end of the year.

3b.  Cam Akers RB, Florida St - Super excited to have Gurley in the fold but like the idea of adding an understudy that we feel good about becoming the feature back next year.  Akers has all the talent to be a stud NFL back and is too good to pass up here.  

4.a. Amik Robertson - I think this pick is best secondary player available.  Robertson is a bit small for our CB prototype but expect him to be groomed for the slot.  

4.b. Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado - Good space linebacker who is solid in coverage.  Very similar player to Kemal Ishmail.  Will contribution on special teams immediately.

7. Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio St - I’m a little surprised to see Fuller around this late in a lot of mocks and player rankings.  I believe he could go in the 4th or 5th round range but we are slotting him here.  Reminds me a little of ex Bama safety Eddie Jackson minus the ballhawking production.  He has the tools to develop into a starter at S but he will have to start by earning time on ST and battling for a spot.

40 minutes ago, FAN_O_THE_ATL said:

4.a. Amik Robertson - I think this pick is best secondary player available.  Robertson is a bit small for our CB prototype but expect him to be groomed for the slot.  

Unfortunately, Amik Robertson will go in the 2nd round. 

Comps to him being built like Tyrann Mathieu

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/amik-robertson-nfl-combine-2020

This is an awesome mock. Would be fortunate if it fell this way. Robertson may very well go earlier but who knows. If he isn't there I'd be happy with Reggie Robinson as an outside guy if he's there, or Darnay holmes as a slot. Matos-Gross is fresh face with that first pick 

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Can you guys warn us there will be trades?

1 hour ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

I agreed. Mock with trades are dumb. You don’t know the trade values or what team will do. Just mock as is.

but how often does this team draft as is?

i don’t get why people get annoyed. this team trades, TD likes to trade. if you’re trying to predict what this team will do in the draft, trading is probably going to be involved.

just let people do their mocks without calling them dumb, when your mocks probably won’t be any more accurate. 

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Can you guys warn us there will be trades?

I agreed. Mock with trades are dumb. You don’t know the trade values or what team will do. Just mock as is.

24 minutes ago, benny said:

i don’t get why people get annoyed. this team trades, TD likes to trade. if you’re trying to predict what this team will do in the draft, trading is probably going to be involved.

just let people do their mocks without calling them dumb, when your mocks probably won’t be any more accurate. 

I actually don’t do mock. Maybe play with the draft simulation on fanspeak which has pretty accurate algorithms. Most people mock trade down scenarios when TD rarely do that in the early rounds. There are a lot more movements in the backend of the draft which most fans mock don’t have. 

10 hours ago, benny said:

I just don’t like them. I don’t read them. It’s not annoying, just not interesting to me.

10 hours ago, benny said:

Now that's a fact

On 4/11/2020 at 9:33 AM, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

I never do get this 'you have to do it my way' take.  Anyone doing a mock is just guessing what the team will do based on what they think the team needs are, who they think the best players are, what skills they think the team values at each position, how the prospect medicals and character is graded, etc, etc.  

I would argue that we have better data on trade values than we do on the other aforementioned pieces of information that teams use to put their draft boards together.

If I were TD then I'd have a short list of guys like Brown, Simmons, and possibly Kinlaw who I'd take at 16 if they slip.  If not then I'd be trying to find a trade partner to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick because there are 8 or so guys in the 15-30 range that I'd be equally happy with.  And the guy I mocked in the first, YGM, is routinely shown in the 20-30 range on most mocks.