Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

22 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dude has been playing blind his entire career and just got lasik surgery this offseason. 

hah I replied seconds after you saying the same thing, I seriously want to see how he looks (lol) now that his vision is fixed.

43 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

30 interceptions cannot be explained away.   It takes Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers 3-4 seasons to throw that many.

Thank you ... well said 

53 minutes ago, athell said:

I'd be on board for him as QB2 tho.  Tho there is no chance he is thinking QB2 at this point in his career.  

He may be thinking that at this point in the off season, athell.

Being a back up for a year could take some pressure off that he seems to feel. Playing part time could be good.

I live in the Tampa area and have listened to the FB guys on the radio.

They have access. They like his leadership, but feel that he takes too much on himself. He did have some magnificent WRs, though, and I found it hard to put the blame all on him....................... 30/30.........That is a tough one though.

Good post.

Yikes. What happed to that drill in the old madden where you had to stay in the pocket and dodged tennis balls. 

Posted (edited)

If he’d take Schaub’s salary I’d have him in a Falcons uni instantly. Instant upgrade at backup QB, and maybe holding a clipboard could help his progression. I doubt he takes a back-up role with no path to starting though. At a minimum, he probably wants a training camp battle. Issue is, all the bad teams who would do that with him are either chasing a young QB this year, so they won’t want to bring him in at a competitive price, or they’re gearing up a tankathon for next year’s crop, and don’t want mr .500 screwing that plan up. He’s stuck in no man’s land right now. 

Edited by Wjcorner

I actually would not mind it.

Get him... let him sit behind Matt for a year or 2  and then  if he plays well in what ever spurts that  he gets then  he could be a trade piece.

The trick would be  to get him to take a deal that is cheap enough for us to do that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

30 interceptions cannot be explained away.   It takes Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers 3-4 seasons to throw that many.

---30 interceptions cannot be explained away.---

It's a **** of a lot easier to explain than 28-3... Right?   

Edited by joeyg2033

4 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

The Bucs had a trash OL, no running game, and one of the worst defenses you'll ever watch play NFL football.  Yet they were in the hunt for a wildcard anyway, in part because of Jameis' very high production.  I think he could really do something on a normal team, like ours.  He's by far the best QB available and we have to dump Schaub.

No way could i deal with all his interceptions . He runs hot and cold all the time, you never know what your gonna get from him.

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dude has been playing blind his entire career and just got lasik surgery this offseason. 

Didn't know that, are you sure ?

Not for nothing, but as a pitcher, all I cared about was throwing heat and used ball placement. One year, I started hitting batters left and right so much so, I almost got kicked of the leaugue(ironically, for pegging Kris Benson). Anyway, got classes before the next year, and my hitting people issue went away. 

4 hours ago, athell said:

Tannehill and Bridgewater just went this route...so it's not unheard of.  Different circumstances but still...

Which is exactly why both Jameis and the Falcons do not want this option -

- Falcons have no money to pay him

- Ryan is historically durable and is unlikely to be down any for Jameis to expect to have playing time

- Neither side would want to sign a multi-year contract

- If Jameis does play and play well, he would be go elsewhere next year

- Ryan is under contract for 4 more years with a lot guaranteed

- Jameis has better chances to play behind declining QB's-Detroit? Pittsburgh? Indianapolis? 

- Falcons have bigger starting roles to fill, spend less on bench warmers?

- Do Jameis and Koetter feel his success was better together or with other people?

- Brees was hinting retiring soon, Bridgewater saw a chance for a QB job there (does Jameis see that here?)

- New Orleans feared Brees retiring and had Bridgewater around for safety (do we fear Ryan retiring?)

- Schaub started one game last year and threw 400+ yards-we did not lose because of him 

5 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Which is exactly why both Jameis and the Falcons do not want this option -

- Falcons have no money to pay him

- Ryan is historically durable and is unlikely to be down any for Jameis to expect to have playing time

- Neither side would want to sign a multi-year contract

- If Jameis does play and play well, he would be go elsewhere next year

- Ryan is under contract for 4 more years with a lot guaranteed

- Jameis has better chances to play behind declining QB's-Detroit? Pittsburgh? Indianapolis? 

- Falcons have bigger starting roles to fill, spend less on bench warmers?

- Do Jameis and Koetter feel his success was better together or with other people?

- Brees was hinting retiring soon, Bridgewater saw a chance for a QB job there (does Jameis see that here?)

- New Orleans feared Brees retiring and had Bridgewater around for safety (do we fear Ryan retiring?)

- Schaub started one game last year and threw 400+ yards-we did not lose because of him 

I agree with all that.  It won't happen but in this fantasy make believe land...I would be down.  :)