5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He has experience at RT, though.  

I still wouldn’t move him, he hasn’t played there in like 8-9 years. Besides you just don’t move a top 5 LT to RT to make Room for a rookie...unless they feel they NEED to move his contract after this season.

If you take a tackle in round 1 it’s only because you don’t trust McGary. I know you don’t, but feel the staff does.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God this board and its obsession to move players like its madden.

I could live with it.  Personally I would slide McGary inside and Matthews to RT

that’s why i was saying play Thomas at LG his rookie year. Matthews/Thomas/Mack/Lindstrom/McGary is potentially dominant, and only if you were looking for cap relief next offseason would trading

26 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That's why it isn't great

Wes was average to below average depending who you ask

Rico is average to above average

Beasley sucks

Mariner has done what?

Kazee had a good year at FS

I get if we draft Thomas you gotta move someone but it's getting old seeing the "Movw McGary" posts OVER AND OVER AND OVER

that’s why i was saying play Thomas at LG his rookie year.

Matthews/Thomas/Mack/Lindstrom/McGary is potentially dominant, and only if you were looking for cap relief next offseason would trading Matthews be the move. 

2 minutes ago, benny said:

Matthews/Thomas/Mack/Lindstrom/McGary is potentially dominant, and only if you were looking for cap relief next offseason would trading Matthews be the move. 

Maybe they like him as a LG if he falls...who knows. May be calling him to make sure he would be willing to slide inside. Just never know, likely never will.

24 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

If you take a tackle in round 1 it’s only because you don’t trust McGary. I know you don’t, but feel the staff does.

To my untrained eyes he was a huge up-grade at RT and is mean. I love him there. I am an OL guy, and like his demeanor.

He will be better in year two.....and meaner?

29 minutes ago, benny said:

Interesting, thanks for the insite.....Could work, but alas, LTs like Thomas don't last to the middle of round one on a normal draft day.

1 hour ago, Falcster said:

The Falcons actually need Andrew Thomas!  He is the best at his position in this entire draft.  Falcons QB and RBs need a much better and stouter O-line!

I agree.

8 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

God this board and its obsession to move players like its madden.

I mean I think Kaleb makes since at RG. I think it makes more sense anyway than trying to slide Matthews or Thomas inside. Matthews at RT probably puts him in the running as the best RT in the game, and the hope would be Thomas is right up there with the LT's. Not saying we should make this move, but it's something I have considered for fun. That OL would be oozing with talent.

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That's why it isn't great

Wes was average to below average depending who you ask

Rico is average to above average

Beasley sucks

Mariner has done what?

Kazee had a good year at FS

I get if we draft Thomas you gotta move someone but it's getting old seeing the "Movw McGary" posts OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Outside Rico which has been fantastic for us the rest is average talent. Andrew Thomas ain't no average talent, he would make our RT spot elite. 

31 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I mean I think Kaleb makes since at RG. I think it makes more sense anyway than trying to slide Matthews or Thomas inside. Matthews at RT probably puts him in the running as the best RT in the game, and the hope would be Thomas is right up there with the LT's. Not saying we should make this move, but it's something I have considered for fun. That OL would be oozing with talent.

So move the LT to RT

which moves the RT to RG

which moves the RG to LG

which opens a hole for a rookie

**** it, why not! 

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

So move the LT to RT

which moves the RT to RG

which moves the RG to LG

which opens a hole for a rookie

**** it, why not! 

Again, I'm not advocating for it, but if it's something the front office thought would make sense, I could see the logic with Matthews and Lindstrom being the athletes they are and Thomas touted as highly as he is. If you want to make things simple, then sure, just throw Thomas at LG. I can agree making him a LT off the bat would be tough and critical for Matt's blindside and continuity of the line staying in place makes sense.

7 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

So you make McGary learn a new position and Lindstrom learn a new position? Smart.

7 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Outside Rico which has been fantastic for us the rest is average talent. Andrew Thomas ain't no average talent, he would make our RT spot elite. 

You're missing the point. Thomas might move and do well but it might hurt McGary or Lindstrom.

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You're missing the point. Thomas might move and do well but it might hurt McGary or Lindstrom.

Or it can make them better, playing with better players always makes everyone better. If they are adding a probowl caliber talent who's to say the line wont gel quickly and improve. McGary at guard would solve his speed rush problem. 

You freaking Georgia homers man.... lol but seriously I'm never gonna b1tch too much about drafting a hog molly, but I think its very unlikely. You'd have to feel very freaking confident that Thomas or McGary would be able to play OG. Matthews aint going nowhere. Not moving positions or being traded/released. Dudes a Falcon for life. 

We have to hope there is a run on QB, and that 4 go in the top 15, and that there are minimum 2,maybe ever 3 WR taken before we pick. That way a really good player, either O or D will fall to us, i am just hoping we pick him and not go with CJ Henderson who i am really not a fan off 

Just now, Summerhill said:

I seriously doubt the Falcons draft Thomas but it will be interesting to see how everything plays out because it seemed he was a top 5 pick all season long and then once the season ends 2-4 other OT's emerge and Thomas gets bumped below. 

I’ve never understood that when it happens.  Delpit and Thomas drop like a stone once all the games are over..lol

9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

So you make McGary learn a new position and Lindstrom learn a new position? Smart.

It's really not as obscure as you make it seem. Like I said in another post though, I'm not clamoring for it to happen. Lindstrom was highly regarded and praised for being a versatile OL. Not outside the realm of possibility that he couldn't just transition to the other side. Mcgary would be the only concern in something like this, and many already believed a move inside would have benefited him. If you simply want to just leave everything else as is and throw Thomas at LG, then fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, Summerhill said:

I seriously doubt the Falcons draft Thomas but it will be interesting to see how everything plays out because it seemed he was a top 5 pick all season long and then once the season ends 2-4 other OT's emerge and Thomas gets bumped below. 

I still think he will go in the top 10.