https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1247996316992409600?s=21

So apparently we have reached out and had a virtual meeting or facetime meeting with Andrew Thomas. This intrigues me because he is one of my favorite players in the draft but i just assumed we weren’t in the market for another 1st round OL. 

If he were to fall, would y’all be mad if we took him? I think it could make a lot of sense for the future, but i’m not sure if the front office can afford to make a move like that with their jobs seemingly on the line. 

The scenario to me would be to draft Thomas and plug him in at LG, with a possibility of moving out to LT the next year. Matthews has a big contract and if we could move him either during the 2020 season or the 2021 offseason for a decent draft pick, it would clear up a big chunk of cap space to add a difference maker in 2021 FA. 

just a thought. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God this board and its obsession to move players like its madden.

I could live with it.  Personally I would slide McGary inside and Matthews to RT

that’s why i was saying play Thomas at LG his rookie year. Matthews/Thomas/Mack/Lindstrom/McGary is potentially dominant, and only if you were looking for cap relief next offseason would trading

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Highly, highly doubt they select him. They’re doing their due diligence as they should 

that’s that i’m asking. they’re doing their due diligence because you never know how the top of the draft will shake out. if it just so happens that Thomas falls to 16, do you think we should pick him? i do. 

Just now, benny said:

that’s that i’m asking. they’re doing their due diligence because you never know how the top of the draft will shake out. if it just so happens that Thomas falls to 16, do you think we should pick him? i do. 

Depends on who else is available. If there isn’t a corner or linebacker there that they’re high on then go for it. I wouldn’t choose him over either of those positions though

41 minutes ago, benny said:

https://twitter.com/profootball411/status/1247996316992409600?s=21

So apparently we have reached out and had a virtual meeting or facetime meeting with Andrew Thomas. This intrigues me because he is one of my favorite players in the draft but i just assumed we weren’t in the market for another 1st round OL. 

If he were to fall you run up to the podium and get him. 

Fixed your spelling for you :tiphat:

18 minutes ago, Falcon from E said:

there are far too many teams in need of an OT for him to drop to us, but if he is there, do we try to trade Mathews or McGary, i dont see us keeping all of them, or we trade with an NFL team in need and pick up more picks

Slide McGary to either LG or RG and put him at RT, problem solved. 

Interesting.

IDK how to weigh the Falcons interviewing a UGA player this year, given that the level of access to every prospect is the same right now. Not like past years where it could be written off as being right down the road from Athens.

34 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

God this board and its obsession to move players like its madden.

Smitty and DQ are masters are cross training players, and so is Billy Boy. Its typical to have a Tackle move to guard if he is not athletic enough, and cross train guards at center. We got Rico playing at FS/SS and he started out at CB, we got Kazee at FS and he started out at NCB, Mariner at DT and he started at DE, and had Schweitzer at center and started out as a guard.  

Just now, Osiruz said:

Smitty and DQ are masters are cross training players, and so is Billy Boy. Its typical to have a Tackle move to guard if he is not athletic enough, and cross train guards at center. We got Rico playing at FS/SS and he started out at CB, we got Kazee at FS and he started out at NCB, Mariner at DT and he started at DE, and had Schweitzer at center and started out as a guard.  

That's why it isn't great

Wes was average to below average depending who you ask

Rico is average to above average

Beasley sucks

Mariner has done what?

Kazee had a good year at FS

I get if we draft Thomas you gotta move someone but it's getting old seeing the "Movw McGary" posts OVER AND OVER AND OVER

12 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Of what problem do you speak?

The right side only had a few games together. The Bloodline is good. LG not so good, agreed. But......

What @ya_boi_jsaid.

Exactly.

The right side of the line has potential to be  one of.. if not the best right sides  of an o-line in football.

I do not want to tinker with that at this time.

The LG  spot is the question...address that   by drafting an  interior  lineman  and not    try to play musical chairs  with the tackles.

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I'm being mad shady right here but if he falls to 16 and you guys are BPA like you say you are, then there should be a lot of "yes" in this thread

The Cowboys used that to perfection, prior to salary cap. I would not cry. Just don't think it could happen.

Thomas is a top five or 10 anyway. I will hide and watch. He is not a need but a BPA at 16 probably.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Exactly.

The right side of the line has potential to be  one of.. if not the best right sides  of an o-line in football.

I do not want to tinker with that at this time.

The LG  spot is the question...address that   by drafting an  interior  lineman  and not    try to play musical chairs  with the tackles.

Get some.