Uniforms look even better today!!

23 hours ago, Fiercefalcon said:

It's really not the end of the world like a lot are making it out to be. But let's also not trick ourselves into thinking it's a great redesign. We'll all buy one eventually I'm sure. 

I'm just bummed because I'm cheap and I honestly don't think these will have the same lifespan as our previous ones.

Eh I'll pass. Honestly, the more I look at them the less I like them. It just looks like a rather amateurish, half-baked job that not a great deal of thought went into. The helmets are fine, and I actually do like the satin finish with chrome facemasks and metallic luster on the logo. Those were actually a creative and solid ideas. 

The jerseys, they're just lacking. I get where they were trying to go stylistically, but the execution is just off the mark. As others have mentioned, they had an archive of great looking, classic designs from 1966 to 2002 that they could have used as a base and put a few modern touches on. 

For example, with the number font, the could have retained the block style from 1966-1990 and then added those sharp, bird-themed serifs. What they have now is inconsistent, and I'm not a fan of the drop shadow. Instead, I thought they would go with two-tone borders (like what the Buccaneers did with their numbers). For example, black numbers with a red outer border and grey/silver inside accent, or white numbers with black outer border and grey/silver inside accent.

The swoop is fine, I would have made it thinner and taken it off the jersey tops and only had it on the pants. Speaking of the pants, a satin/metallic gray finish much like what they had from the late 80s to 2002 would have been really nice.

If they really wanted to do a gradient, which I actually do like the idea (for color rush), I would have done them on the sleeves and socks. So if the primary color is red, I would have a darker shade of red gradients on the sleeves and socks. This would look better with a red helmet and chrome facemask.

Last thing, the "ATL" typeface. I don't dislike it being there, just doesn't need to be that prominent a feature on the jersey (see NY Giants jersey, although perhaps slightly bigger than the NY logo).

Just my .02. Again, they had some good ideas going, but the execution I think could have been better.

36 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

Eh I'll pass. Honestly, the more I look at them the less I like them. It just looks like a rather amateurish, half-baked job that not a great deal of thought went into. The helmets are fine, and I actually do like the satin finish with chrome facemasks and metallic luster on the logo. Those were actually a creative and solid ideas. 

The jerseys, they're just lacking. I get where they were trying to go stylistically, but the execution is just off the mark. As others have mentioned, they had an archive of great looking, classic designs from 1966 to 2002 that they could have used as a base and put a few modern touches on. 

For example, with the number font, the could have retained the block style from 1966-1990 and then added those sharp, bird-themed serifs. What they have now is inconsistent, and I'm not a fan of the drop shadow. Instead, I thought they would go with two-tone borders (like what the Buccaneers did with their numbers). For example, black numbers with a red outer border and grey/silver inside accent, or white numbers with black outer border and grey/silver inside accent.

The swoop is fine, I would have made it thinner and taken it off the jersey tops and only had it on the pants. Speaking of the pants, a satin/metallic gray finish much like what they had from the late 80s to 2002 would have been really nice.

If they really wanted to do a gradient, which I actually do like the idea (for color rush), I would have done them on the sleeves and socks. So if the primary color is red, I would have a darker shade of red gradients on the sleeves and socks. This would look better with a red helmet and chrome facemask.

Last thing, the "ATL" typeface. I don't dislike it being there, just doesn't need to be that prominent a feature on the jersey (see NY Giants jersey, although perhaps slightly bigger than the NY logo).

Just my .02. Again, they had some good ideas going, but the execution I think could have been better.

tenor.gif?itemid=4960569

38 minutes ago, FalconsFanSC said:

Still not a fan of color rush style matching pants and socks.   Prefer contrast.  As others have mentioned - adding in grey pants would help.  

They can’t wear a onesie period!!  It just won’t work.  Fine idea but reality just doesn’t work.  

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I really don't think they got a lot of fan input on this new design. Any pretense this was done is just being insincere. Having said that, the people who have to put these on and wear them in public say they're quite happy with them. That being the case, I personally could care less one way or the other.

I think the only input the fans had was just saying they wanted new uniforms. Rich McKay said that Nike presented a large number of ideas, and probably did so with software or UX presentation that allowed the Falcons front office to mix and match styles. The Falcons (like a lot of organizations) probably made a decision by committee. From my experience, anytime a committee makes a decision involving branding and overall aesthetics of any sort of design piece, you end up with results that are going to be bad and in need of revisions in the near future. It's always best to leave the decision up to one or two people and nothing more. 

I like the new uniforms to a degree, but the ATL on the jersey is forced and could have been placed on the sleeve or just left on the facemask mounting pad. Silver could have been implemented into the final jersey and pant design, and I only say that because they went out of the way to add a silver facemask to the helmet. The design is okay, but far from great.

42 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

They can’t wear a onesie period!!  It just won’t work.  Fine idea but reality just doesn’t work.  

OMG!!! 

Look young'uns, they were MODELING!!! Thats what they were given to wear for the press. Players almost always add white socks or spat. Geez!! Do y'all actually watch football??

1 hour ago, FalconsFanSC said:

Still not a fan of color rush style matching pants and socks.   Prefer contrast.  As others have mentioned - adding in grey pants would help.  

The more I look at them the more I am embarrassed to be associated with them.  We are being made fun of from everyone.  They are like some early 90s hip hop artist designed them with his child helping.  So cheesy and lame.  We have the best throwbacks in the league.  Why couldn't we just go with something like them with a little update?  What we have now is freaking embarrassing, but I guess I said that already.

Edited by Falcon You

1 minute ago, Falcon You said:

The more I look at them the more I am embarrassed to be associated with them.  We are going being made fun of from everyone.  They are like some early 90s hip hop artist designed them with his child helping.  So cheesy and lame.  We have the best throwbacks in the league.  Why couldn't we just go with something like them with a little update?  What we have now is freaking embarrassing, but I guess I said that already.

"Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" - Jan

8 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

The more I look at them the more I am embarrassed to be associated with them.  We are going being made fun of from everyone.  They are like some early 90s hip hop artist designed them with his child helping.  So cheesy and lame.  We have the best throwbacks in the league.  Why couldn't we just go with something like them with a little update?  What we have now is freaking embarrassing, but I guess I said that already.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

"Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" - Jan

I know everyone has their opinions.  I love change and couldn't wait for the new unis.  I just think they are trying too hard.  I do like the helmet a little, but again the matte was in like 2 years ago.  The red helmet would have been more modern with a larger logo.

1 minute ago, Falcon You said:

I do admit our previous unis were bad too.  So, I guess we are not worse off other than us missing the chance of making it better.  I hope we win.  Winning makes everything better.  They could wear plaid if they won, for all I care.

Nah but I understand...winning is the biggest thing

On 4/9/2020 at 9:18 AM, KHAOS said:

if they change the rule it will be next season

They need to chance that rule on alt helmets asap. I'm not sure why they even put it in place. 

It would seem from a marketing perspective that every team would want the wardrobe closet of the Oregon ducks. If you're a ducks fan, there is no way they you don't love at least one of their combinations.  which equals more product sales. 

Overall our team product offerings have been very plain for years. I want to buy some more gear but all the t-shirt/polos and other stuff is just plain boring. 

On 4/9/2020 at 8:38 AM, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

After all the "edgy" naysayers piled on the hate wagon, I was curious as to whether or not day 2 would reveal any of the magnified negative perspective after such an exhaustive critique on day one.

Nope. Still FIYAHHH!!!!!

he9r0mbewwgbuxzggetf.jpg

swwpodwxpzdg18lyoxvp.jpg

ttzlbg4tzcoirgjfclfz.jpg

vqlt4isle6fk7prsvu0k.jpg

m8q3vuzm4ml1gxyrfhqd.jpg

bxwbkumif1xf5lgpovvz.jpg

z2c8thadbsfyumfu5m3l.jpg

hzwz0cj2rtwu7zcwqi4t.jpg

bg13elnwfzq5vwr3wucc.jpg

qftgkybpzhaurttjrmhx.jpg

ey2kmkehw9ufxmnjnikc.jpg

they are big time! love em

I didnt and  still dont get the whole  "hip hop" number thing. I need a visual example if that's the conclusion that some are drawing from these.

The more I see them, the more I like them too. I need folks to stop acting like they are ugly, because they arent. They arent the "nod to the past' that we thought we were getting, but that's fine too. I would have loved to see a more traditional looking jersey, mainly because the football Gods always tend to favor those teams versus the ones that try too hard. Im hoping the Titans and now us can break that trend, but not going to hold my breath.

But in the end, we got a fresh new look. Its sharp, it's clean, and it will pop out on the field. Ya'll letting rival team's fans hurt your feelings and truthfully, that's a shame. They're supposed to talk smack.I wouldnt expect anything else from them, especially since they dont have anything else going for them this time of the year.

People are mean, so what. Grow some thick skin. Be mean back, or just ignore them. But don't come on here crying about what they said. That's perhaps the softest thing any of us could do. Sticks and stones 

I'm not sure if it has been posted, but I think I 'get' the red stripe down the side of the uniform. If you can envision the team in huddle on offense, it would kinda look like the side of the bird in the logo and the motion would create an effect of a bird moving. Not that it would be perfect unison, but from the sidelines would be a neat effect. I think that is what they were angling for with that element of the uniform design. Somebody would have to photoshop the uniform on the players in offensive huddle to see what they would look like.