Ghost Of The Best Thing On The Internet Thread™

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NewFalcon said:

May be an image of text that says 'Matt Haig Facebook is dangerous these days. You'll be happily scrolling around and then your best friend from primary school will suddenly pop up, sharing a video about how wearing a mask is part of a giant experiment to make us servants of Bill Gates' alien lizard army or something.'

I used to pop into FB several times a day until anti-maskers and MAGAs ran me off. Some of my former employees turned out being notorious Deplorables that I wound up unfriending. Now, they're trying to reconnect but I'm not cool enough to ignore their BS. And my cousin who is otherwise a wonderful woman, has lost her flipping nut over masks and vaccines. Having lost my father to COVID, I prefer to stay off FB than to totally end our relationship by explaining exactly how I feel about her in this matter. Now, instead of logging in 3-5 times a day, I log in once or twice a week.

23 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I used to pop into FB several times a day until anti-maskers and MAGAs ran me off. Some of my former employees turned out being notorious Deplorables that I wound up unfriending. Now, they're trying to reconnect but I'm not cool enough to ignore their BS. And my cousin who is otherwise a wonderful woman, has lost her flipping nut over masks and vaccines. Having lost my father to COVID, I prefer to stay off FB than to totally end our relationship by explaining exactly how I feel about her in this matter. Now, instead of logging in 3-5 times a day, I log in once or twice a week.

I totally get that.  For awhile I found myself using Snopes or other fact verifiers to refute some of the crap being posted regarding masks, vaccines and (of course) the unhinged MAGA crap.  Finally weaned myself off of responding to these mouth-breathing knuckle draggers, and now either ignore their posts or block the people posting the idiotic (almost always non-scientific) COVID stuff.   Really sorry to hear about your father: hope you stay safe and healthy.