Jump to content

Rams Behind on Payroll - Gurley Calls Em Out


Recommended Posts

Todd Gurley, Clay Matthews demand payment from Rams: 'Send me my money ASAP'

Jason Owens
 
31 mins ago
 

Don’t owe Todd Gurley money.

He’s not afraid to call you out.

The former Los Angeles Rams running back who’s agreed to a deal with the Atlanta Falcons tweeted at his former employer Wednesday afternoon. He wants his money.

He didn’t expound on his demand. But Pro Football Talk reports that Gurley is due a $7.55 million roster bonus from the Rams even after they released himearly in the offseason. Only Gurley and the Rams know if that’s the source of his social media ire.

But he’s not the only former Ram talking about money.

Clay Matthews wants his money too — with interest

Linebacker Clay Matthews, whom the Rams released alongside Gurley, joined his former teammate in the call for cash. And he’s demanding interest.

 

 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Gonna be honest; kinda poor timing only optics wise; a lot of people are laid off, on furloughs, or having reduced salaries during this current world event, and it looks poor for millionaires to complain about not paying on time. 
Not to take the side of the teams and NFL with billions or dollars though....

**** that. They owe them. They should pay them. What’s going on doesn’t prevent them from paying them at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Gonna be honest; kinda poor timing only optics wise; a lot of people are laid off, on furloughs, or having reduced salaries during this current world event, and it looks poor for millionaires to complain about not paying on time. 
Not to take the side of the teams and NFL with billions or dollars though....

The people who are paying the millionaires are billionaires so...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

Gonna be honest; kinda poor timing only optics wise; a lot of people are laid off, on furloughs, or having reduced salaries during this current world event, and it looks poor for millionaires to complain about not paying on time. 
Not to take the side of the teams and NFL with billions or dollars though....

I wouldnt give a dam about optics... if someone owed me 7.55 mil, I want my money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** that. They owe them. They should pay them. What’s going on doesn’t prevent them from paying them at all

Rams owner will be rolling in dough long after Gurley retires. I was just reading a article today where one of the NBA reps said a third of the NBA players are living check to check.  People think that these guys are rich across the board.  By the time the irs hits them, agent fees, state taxes,  child support, etc. they are broke...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Rams owner will be rolling in dough long after Gurley retires. I was just reading a article today where one of the NBA reps said a third of the NBA players are living check to check.  People think that these guys are rich across the board.  By the time the irs hits them, agent fees, state taxes,  child support, etc. they are broke...

Nah man that’s there own personal ****.

These pro athletes make more than enough to live comfortably.Now if they want to blow cash left right on centre on crap then that’s there own fault.

Even the guys at the bottom of the chain should still be able to live comfortably.

Taxs and all the rest welcome to the real world nothing new to report there.They still make plenty and are getting paid doing a job they love.Very few in this world will earn a 10% of what a pro player has the opportunity to earn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll get paid and I doubt he's living paycheck to paycheck. If he is, even after taxes, agent fees and all his other bills, he is living beyond his means. I hope he isn't and that this is just a minor hiccup due to the world being in absolute financial chaos. If I was in the NFL or NBA I'd still be happy with my one bedroom apartment and Nissan Sentra. I'd probably just have a larger guitar collection, a nicer TV and a newer MacBook and possibly invest more money in my stocks and IRA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Gonna be honest; kinda poor timing only optics wise; a lot of people are laid off, on furloughs, or having reduced salaries during this current world event, and it looks poor for millionaires to complain about not paying on time. 
Not to take the side of the teams and NFL with billions or dollars though....

Lol, if he was serious, he'd be taking them to court, not Twitter.

Gurley has been jabbing at the Rams ever since they cut him (which remember was to ultimately save them money, but he clearly hasn't been too happy about it, and has been taking subtle jabs whenever he can).

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Nah man that’s there own personal ****.

These pro athletes make more than enough to live comfortably.Now if they want to blow cash left right on centre on crap then that’s there own fault.

Even the guys at the bottom of the chain should still be able to live comfortably.

Taxs and all the rest welcome to the real world nothing new to report there.They still make plenty and are getting paid doing a job they love.Very few in this world will earn a 10% of what a pro player has the opportunity to earn.

There is merit to what you are saying, but the factor that works against the players is most have a short window to make money.  After the taxes, etc. most don't retire rich.  A lot that could get taken advantage of.  The owners make money regardless.  A athlete has to grab what he can while he can.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have any idea how much interest 7.5 million dollars would draw? I'd be mad every second I didn't have that check because not only are you keeping that from me, but you're keeping what I could be making from it from me also. I agree with Clay on interest owed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Rams owner will be rolling in dough long after Gurley retires. I was just reading a article today where one of the NBA reps said a third of the NBA players are living check to check.  People think that these guys are rich across the board.  By the time the irs hits them, agent fees, state taxes,  child support, etc. they are broke...

Oh yeah NBA players are living paycheck to paycheck huh?  http://www.espn.com/nba/salaries  

Wish I had those paychecks! lowest paid on the lists pulls in around 197k annually. LMFAO! Way I figure it is if a person can't live comfortably off of that then they need to just dig a hole and climb in!

 
NBA players make money. A lot of it. The median salary of an NBA player is $2.5 million, compared to $31,000 for the average American.
 
Boy that living from -paycheck to paycheck is tough on those NBA players! "FACE PALM"

 

 

GO FALCONS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

There is merit to what you are saying, but the factor that works against the players is most have a short window to make money.  After the taxes, etc. most don't retire rich.  A lot that could get taken advantage of.  The owners make money regardless.  A athlete has to grab what he can while he can.. 

Nah man that’s not an excuse if you’ve got half a brain and some common sense you make that money work for you and continue to plan life after football.

You don’t have to retire rich what you have to do is live within your means plan and you’ll be comfortable.If you’ve got peeps with there hands in your pockets leaching off you that’s another thing.But if you’ve got a financial plan set from every pay cheque you’ll live comfortably the rest of your life.

Learn how to say NO early.Buy stuff that matters not hahaha look at me BS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

So would he. If he said otherwise he’s telling a bold face lie

As an ER doctor, working fulltime, I am having my salary and benefits cut into because my hospital is hemorrhaging money secondary to this pandemic...all the while caring for very ill people. As I said, its poor timing on the subject for a significant number of people. 

He will be paid, because he is owed that money contractually, and the NFL isn't folding any time soon. He will have his money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

As an ER doctor, working fulltime, I am having my salary and benefits cut into because my hospital is hemorrhaging money secondary to this pandemic...all the while caring for very ill people. As I said, its poor timing on the subject for a significant number of people. 

He will be paid, because he is owed that money contractually, and the NFL isn't folding any time soon. He will have his money. 

Pay that man

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...