Quinn wasn't feeling one jersey

2 hours ago, k-train said:

I feel like the gradient uniform was made to check off the "let's do something modern/different" box, but is ultimately gonna be something they only wear a handful of times before the look is shelved indefinitely.

Kinda like how this look was only done a few times before they scrapped it:
ATL_original.jpg?1292453544

Like that combo.

BTW, we should have won that game. We didn't come out ready to play. 

1 minute ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

A coach who is going to be fired, likely in-season, has no business vomiting forth an opinion on uniforms he is going to embarrass and humiliate.

This has been on my mind from get go!  However, I just saw in another thread where that Jewkes guy said on Twitter that “gradient is the color rush uni” so thank God we won’t have to suffer that too often.  The front office has just done a poor job of getting out in front. 

4 hours ago, k-train said:

I feel like the gradient uniform was made to check off the "let's do something modern/different" box, but is ultimately gonna be something they only wear a handful of times before the look is shelved indefinitely.

Kinda like how this look was only done a few times before they scrapped it:

Don't compare the gradient to that lol that combo is sick. 

5 hours ago, k-train said:

I know a lot of people don't like these, hate them actually, but to me these are BY FAR the best uniforms we've ever worn and it's not even close. I would always change to this combo back on Madden. Looking forward to seeing how the gradient uni's look on the field. 

5 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Personally I think this former combination is exactly why they chose the gradient route. Not necessarily just to do something different, but because they were being creative in trying to make this combo work. Im sure this was thrown on the board followed by, "how can we fix where we failed in the past?", and somebody was like, " let's just fade the red into it."

I think you pretty much nailed my problem with the uniforms. It's like they tried too hard to listen to all the input and pay nods to everything, that we ended up with a ton of combinations that aren't really what anyone asked for. Like the old saying goes, a camel is a horse designed by a committee.

So many elements, it's like, yeah I see where you were going with that, but I'm not sure these are ever gonna grow on me. They needed a couple more drafts of refinement.

Though if true that these are our color rushes, they are a massive improvement from those red PJs they had us wearing.

3 minutes ago, B3TD said:

I think you pretty much nailed my problem with the uniforms. It's like they tried too hard to listen to all the input and pay nods to everything, that we ended up with a ton of combinations that aren't really what anyone asked for. Like the old saying goes, a camel is a horse designed by a committee.

So many elements, it's like, yeah I see where you were going with that, but I'm not sure these are ever gonna grow on me. They needed a couple more drafts of refinement.

Though if true that these are our color rushes, they are a massive improvement from those red PJs they had us wearing.

Exactly. I mean the red top and black bottom combo from the Vick era had to be the most controversial uniform combo ever. You either loved that look or hated it. The gradient is for sure a compromise or a challenge at least that they could pull it off and please both crowds, but may have ended up pleasing none.

I do think however, if you're part of the crowd that liked the red top/ black pants look, you would likely be more inclined to like the gradients than if you didnt like that look at all.

12 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

I mean color rush is pretty much same thing :ninja:

My only question is when would you pull em out? Rival game? Prime time game?

I’d love to SEE more combos with the red pants, btw.

To me, every other combo is clean and an upgrade at least. If we get 1 gradient a year? Oh well. It’s not the primary and they could even improve it in a couple years worst case.

I’m sorta more bummed we don’t have more red options in the uniform other than the ATL and stripe. :shrug:

I still like these like 80% to 20% over the ones from 03-19. And 100% new ones straight up.

I think they'll go over great at the London game if nothing else.

I don't why but I sure like those white ones an awful lot.

It’s absolutely comical seeing all these posts whining about a once a year jersey. With everything going on that’s all you can complain about? A few of you posters have made the rounds in every thread to say the same thing over and over but it won’t change a thing, buckle up buttercups, you’re stuck with this look once a season.

13 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I know a lot of people don't like these, hate them actually, but to me these are BY FAR the best uniforms we've ever worn and it's not even close. I would always change to this combo back on Madden. Looking forward to seeing how the gradient uni's look on the field. 

I’m one of those.  For some reason I just don’t like black pants in football.  Reminds me of spandex... 

3 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

It’s absolutely comical seeing all these posts whining about a once a year jersey. With everything going on that’s all you can complain about? A few of you posters have made the rounds in every thread to say the same thing over and over but it won’t change a thing, buckle up buttercups, you’re stuck with this look once a season.

Babies gotta baby