• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like them. I guess I'll be in the minority lol.

Ewww those are terrible , all this hype for that ?? I was hoping they came harder, my problem was actually having faith they could do something right for a change 

Man a lot of you just complain to complain.  I was fine with the last uni and I’m fine with these 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Eh. The Rams wear the throwbacks whenever they want even in the super bowl.

The Rams got a special exemption to wear their throwbacks as much as possible. They tried to distance themselves from the St Louis look and eliminated a lot of the gold from their uniforms (helmet horns and pants) and tried to wear white a lot. There were still small bits of gold on the jerseys. NFL merchandising rules wouldn’t allow them to change their jerseys (hence only changing the helmet and pants) without resetting the 5 year timer for new uniforms (which they didn’t want to do because they are launching their new design this season in conjunction with their new stadium). They also couldn’t simply go to the throwbacks full time because they did not have an away throwback in their wardrobe, so they did not have a full matching home and road.

usa_today_11777154.0.jpg

But then it created a weird dynamic where when they had to wear the navy blue set (or had already used their max number of throwback games), it looked absolutely awful.

856378036.jpg

So they applied for an exemption to wear the throwbacks more so they wouldn’t ever have to wear the navy and gold jersey with the mismatched helmet and pants until their new uniform came out. It was a temporary solution and is not the norm. My understanding is that they had to apply for a waiver from the league.

8 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I mean, if the Panthers want to do this we can get petty all day

23D3D817-CC79-4C6F-900F-EF72BAF8C660.jpeg.679c95f37d8dc1b0886323bbbd37b0f6.jpeg

36A7CFE4-DBD8-4E7A-A47F-22F1409DDA59.jpeg.e7de903619a66cd81d17eec008ecfa98.jpeg

Lmao

Just use the white pants as our home primary and it’s solved not to mention it’ll pop like crazy.  Even more so when they break out red hats too. 

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
4 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Just use the white pants as our home primary and it’s solved not to mention it’ll pop like crazy.  Even more so when they break out red hats too. 

That's what's going to end up happening, just like our last uniforms.

14 minutes ago, RHEC said:

That's what's going to end up happening, just like our last uniforms.

I figured it would.  Those black jerseys really do look pretty nice w the white pants and new black helmet and chrome face mask.  It seems to be a blend of old school and new design which hopefully most everyone can buy into. now let’s draft some beasts and get that Lombardi!!!  

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of them (love them). But after someone photoshopped that picture with the grey pants I just can't help but feel like we missed an opportunity in that department. Should have gone back to the red throwback and started rocking the grey and/or silver pants for the uniforms. 

45 minutes ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of them (love them). But after someone photoshopped that picture with the grey pants I just can't help but feel like we missed an opportunity in that department. Should have gone back to the red throwback and started rocking the grey and/or silver pants for the uniforms. 

Yeah, there was a concept of that I’d seen w JJ wearing red jersey red helmet current logo and the gray/silver pants.  Solid red socks and black cleats.  It was a really clean sharp look.  Different from any other teams.  Basically a 2020 version on Bartkowski era.  One thing I’d been thinking is that they might continue to squeeze the orange by adding red jerseys once the red helmets are approved.  It would certainly be reasonable to bring in the gray pants to wear w them and the black jerseys as well.  That would also be a huge marketing boom too bc I guarantee many would jump on those red jerseys even after they owned black or white.  Lotta $ to be made that way.  Also, w all those historic color options think of the game day promos they can run......honoring 98 nfc, honoring this team that team etc.  then of course the home team rolls it out in period colors (black/silver; red/silver etc).  Just more options more $ and you’re correct in saying they look great!

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
6 minutes ago, papachaz said:

a lot of us never ended up liking them, just realized that, just as with these, there's nothing we can do about it either way. :tiphat:

These new ones are better than the previous though right? I can’t imagine people like these less than the circus sleeves.