Dimitroff navigated Falcons through ‘free-for-all’ free agency

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You cpuld argue that. Hlwever i feel oliver Sheff are starting    quality. I domt feel like we have a starting qualit y guard. We just have Jags there

I am not ready to give up on Brown just yet...I have been taking advantage of the free NFL game pass and been rewatching some games and he was better than I remember.....he just had some mental lapses that were costly.

I think another year in the system and a more defined focus will help him a lot.

Plus we have Gono who looked good in limited action last year and we signed Mccray who I am going to do a deep dive on sometime in the near future.

I think that we will probably add a guy in the draft to compete.

I like the presumed starters at corner but outside of Sheffield, Oliver, and Wilson things are a bit dicey...Miller has potential but he is going to miss some time due to suspension.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stocker lol

Sanu's spot was filled before he ever got traded.  Trufant missed half the season for the 2nd time in his last 4 years.  Freeman ain't Freeman anymore.  I do believe this post falls into the category

I look at it more like this  in trade off values   Sanu got traded for  Hurst + upgrading our 5th to a 4th and about 7 million in cap savings Which ended up being Gurleys price tag.   So would you

12 hours ago, 5stripes said:

All I see is a hurst having all this athletic ability and he wasn’t even the best TE on his team and was outplayed by a 3rd round pick. I thought Beasley had athletic ability, high motor, and a first round pick. Guess what? Didn’t produce consistently. 

We got rid of a known producer for someone we hope will replicate his production. A given > hoping to replicate

At a small fraction of the price, and that is the part you are under estimating.

9 hours ago, Papa's Home said:

Y'all like to bust on TD a lot, NFL had an article yesterday about league GM's and our own TD was at 14% drafting pro bowlers and all pros, which was one of the highest percentage's in the league. Yes EVERY gm has some misses, but some never give the man any credit.

Really lol.

Link please I think this will make interesting reading and a discussion point.

Probably be good in its own thread.

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You cpuld argue that. Hlwever i feel oliver Sheff are starting    quality. I domt feel like we have a starting qualit y guard. We just have Jags there

I can see why you’d think that.

I was like this until I saw a ray of sunshine on the other side what Morris and Ulbrich did with the defense.

The Oline for me doesn’t have to improve individually but as a group and this goes back to the position coach in Morgan and the OC in Koetter.

Morgan has to get the best 5 on the field and cohesive and Koetter to me is a bigger issue.When he gets behind in down and distance he’s got to draw it up better.Hes got to get away from the straight drop stuff incorporate PA earlier in the down count and for the love of god decide what our identity is running the football.

This to me masks a perceived weakness.People used to get on Levite’s and Chester if you remember but some of the best outside zone blocking and pass pro was in these years when these 2 were playing G for the Falcons.Folks would kill for guys like this about now.

2 hugely under rated players much like Blalock was earlier just very steady and reliable.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Really lol.

Link please I think this will make interesting reading and a discussion point.

Probably be good in its own thread.

It was on nfl.com a story about how different Gm's haved drafted the last several years

7 minutes ago, Papa's Home said:

It was on nfl.com a story about how different Gm's haved drafted the last several years

Even after 2 losing seasons TD ranked #6 in this poll lol 

We got a lemon folks lol.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/goal-line-stand/nfls-best-gms-2019

#5 in the nfl.com poll.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027372/article/nfl-gm-power-rankings-john-dorsey-kevin-colbert-rank-top-5

@FalconFanSince1970