Dimitroff navigated Falcons through ‘free-for-all’ free agency

1 hour ago, 5stripes said:

Let me know in what world Hooper and Sanu are not playmakers and Hurst is

I look at it more like this  in trade off values  

Sanu got traded for  Hurst + upgrading our 5th to a 4th and about 7 million in cap savings Which ended up being Gurleys price tag.   So would you rather have  Sanu  or  Hurst + Gurley + turning our 5th to a 4th round pick.

Hooper got swapped out for Fowler as they would be the 2 battling out for the big 10+ million cap hit in free agency that we could give.    To me a DE is worth way more than a TE every time and if i can only spend that kind of money on 1 then i prefer it to be the Edge Rusher.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stocker lol

Sanu's spot was filled before he ever got traded.  Trufant missed half the season for the 2nd time in his last 4 years.  Freeman ain't Freeman anymore.  I do believe this post falls into the category

I look at it more like this  in trade off values   Sanu got traded for  Hurst + upgrading our 5th to a 4th and about 7 million in cap savings Which ended up being Gurleys price tag.   So would you

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hard decisions you get that bit.

Its ok to leave a perceived hole if your confident in what you have behind it.

When are you going to get this it’s not about the new talent you add it’s more of guys 2,3 and 4 years into there development cycle stepping up and taking there opportunities.

I think that’s how you have to look at it.Sheffield and Oliver specifically have the opportunity to make those CB spots there own.Thats a good thing I would have thought.

That's what good drafting allows you to do. Depend on the 2nd and 3rd year guys developing, so you can avoid paying big money to guys you don't need too. It's how we have been able to afford keeping the team we have without completely having to rebuild for an entire decade like Cleveland, or NYJ, or Buffalo, or Jax. 

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I look at it more like this  in trade off values  

Sanu got traded for  Hurst + upgrading our 5th to a 4th and about 7 million in cap savings Which ended up being Gurleys price tag.   So would you rather have  Sanu  or  Hurst + Gurley + turning our 5th to a 4th round pick.

Hooper got swapped out for Fowler as they would be the 2 battling out for the big 10+ million cap hit in free agency that we could give.    To me a DE is worth way more than a TE every time and if i can only spend that kind of money on 1 then i prefer it to be the Edge Rusher.

That’s the thing, if TD wouldn’t have missed on the FA guards last year and paying Beasley 5th yr option, we could have kept Hooper and Sanu which I think is better for our offense than an unproven Hurst and questionable Gurley 

15 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hard decisions you get that bit.

Its ok to leave a perceived hole if your confident in what you have behind it.

When are you going to get this it’s not about the new talent you add it’s more of guys 2,3 and 4 years into there development cycle stepping up and taking there opportunities.

I think that’s how you have to look at it.Sheffield and Oliver specifically have the opportunity to make those CB spots there own.Thats a good thing I would have thought.

Ask yourself if you truly believe Sheffield or Oliver will be better than Trufant or if we downgraded at that position

Ask yourself if you truly believe Sheffield or Oliver will be better than Trufant or if we downgraded at that position

Well this is it I have some sought of hope that both Oliver and Sheffield did exactly that the 2nd half of the season.Trufant even went down with 4 games left and we won 3 of those games.

So yes I do think they can step up the whole defense stepped up that 2nd half of the season with no added talent just better coaching.

We have added one of the better pass rushers FA when every man and his dog said we couldn’t afford it. Traded for a decent TE a RB who scored 12 TDs with a crap Oline in front of him.If you ask me with thee other additions we’ve filled a good many holes with the draft too come of which we have 6 picks and will probably add another FA or 2.

If you ask me they’ve had a plan and have adhered to it.

To me all I’m really worried about is if these coaches don’t fark this up again.

2 hours ago, 5stripes said:

He got rid of Sanu Trufant Freeman Campbell Hooper Stocker Beasley to sign only 3 players and y’all wonder why the team is full of holes?

Sanu's spot was filled before he ever got traded.  Trufant missed half the season for the 2nd time in his last 4 years.  Freeman ain't Freeman anymore.  I do believe this post falls into the category of complaining just to complain...

4 minutes ago, capologist said:

Sanu's spot was filled before he ever got traded.  Trufant missed half the season for the 2nd time in his last 4 years.  Freeman ain't Freeman anymore.  I do believe this post falls into the category of complaining just to complain...

Eventually you wake up and stop falling for TD’s mirages. Wasn’t here last year but I’m sure plenty thought the oline had filled spots and upgraded last offseason too, when actually it was just a joke that played out in the regular season. Keep thinking all the spots are filled. Then during the season we will be talking about how TD needs to go 

1 minute ago, 5stripes said:

Eventually you wake up and stop falling for TD’s mirages. Wasn’t here last year but I’m sure plenty thought the oline had filled spots and upgraded last offseason too, when actually it was just a joke that played out in the regular season. Keep thinking all the spots are filled. Then during the season we will be talking about how TD needs to go 

TDs needed to go for years apparently but he’s still here.

Maybe we should have gone for more of these Patriot geniuses since there the benchmark in how to build.Argh no that’s right most of them are unemployed.

He got rid of Sanu Trufant Freeman Campbell Hooper Stocker Beasley to sign only 3 players and y’all wonder why the team is full of holes?

Gage, Sheffield,Gurley, Hurst, Fowler all fill in nicely. Biggest hole is SLB,and LG. We.are in much better shape then some think

48 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

That’s the thing, if TD wouldn’t have missed on the FA guards last year and paying Beasley 5th yr option, we could have kept Hooper and Sanu which I think is better for our offense than an unproven Hurst and questionable Gurley 

Who knew everyone on the offensive line would get hurt this past season? Plus the backups... I'll wait

Sanu is my dude.. amazing guy... but how many games did we win after the trade.. plus nobody was complaining when we had the 55th pick.

We got a tight end and a running back plus moved up in the draft for agent 12.

Only reason Hurst isn't proven Is because of a run first offense, but Baltimore did have a top 10 tight end group. Plus he got some burners.

Think of a young DJ Shockey 

Matt has shown he makes his tight ends look good no matter who they are ...check the stats.

"Questionable Gurley" ..with a busted knee he had more yards and TDs than any running back on this team.  And don't bring up the physical a lot of players across the league haven't taken physicals. 

Plus dimitroff said in his presser every player we signed will have a physical from the Atlanta Falcons physicians. Can't right now because of covid 19

Fowler is everything we wanted Vic to become a Real Mutha****in dawg. Yes he had injuries and has gotten better and proven himself every season since.

I would just be grateful these aren't the pre Vick days or pre Ryan days... those days were dreadful after Chris Chandler.

Yeah we lost the SB so did the eagles before they won.

I truly believe that Is in the rear view. Clean slate especially after watching shanny lose it.. in the same manner. 

Rise Up and Screw tha HATERS 

Sorry my friend but at 11 million i would have been highly pissed off if we kept Hooper at that.  Sanu was starting to get expensive for a #3 or  4 target at 8 million a year.   I personally think we done the right moves on both of those and would much rather have put that money toward defense which we did with Fowler.   The offense imo was way to heavy sided as far as the Cap goes and it needed to be fixed and changed which we did exactly that.   By going with a cheaper TE and RB it allowed us to start switching funds to the other side which has been neglected way to **** long.

7 hours ago, 5stripes said:

Let me know in what world Hooper and Sanu are not playmakers and Hurst is

You definitely have another account on this forum.
tell me how many plays over 40 yards Hooper has had in his career?

How many since 2016? Hooper is just a TE with high volume of targets.

Also tell me how the Sanu trade worked out for the Patriots? 8 mil for a 3rd WR is called waste of money

1 hour ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

You definitely have another account on this forum.
tell me how many plays over 40 yards Hooper has had in his career?

How many since 2016? Hooper is just a TE with high volume of targets.

Also tell me how the Sanu trade worked out for the Patriots? 8 mil for a 3rd WR is called waste of money

Plays over 40 yards is what makes you an effective player now?

6 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Who knew everyone on the offensive line would get hurt this past season? Plus the backups... I'll wait

Sanu is my dude.. amazing guy... but how many games did we win after the trade.. plus nobody was complaining when we had the 55th pick.

We got a tight end and a running back plus moved up in the draft for agent 12.

Only reason Hurst isn't proven Is because of a run first offense, but Baltimore did have a top 10 tight end group. Plus he got some burners.

Think of a young DJ Shockey 

Matt has shown he makes his tight ends look good no matter who they are ...check the stats.

"Questionable Gurley" ..with a busted knee he had more yards and TDs than any running back on this team.  And don't bring up the physical a lot of players across the league haven't taken physicals. 

Plus dimitroff said in his presser every player we signed will have a physical from the Atlanta Falcons physicians. Can't right now because of covid 19

Fowler is everything we wanted Vic to become a Real Mutha****in dawg. Yes he had injuries and has gotten better and proven himself every season since.

I would just be grateful these aren't the pre Vick days or pre Ryan days... those days were dreadful after Chris Chandler.

Yeah we lost the SB so did the eagles before they won.

I truly believe that Is in the rear view. Clean slate especially after watching shanny lose it.. in the same manner. 

Rise Up and Screw tha HATERS 

Why was DJ Shockey mentioned in the middle of that?? 

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

The way he used the coi n flip was stupid. Your supposed to flip it and use how it makes you feel. Disappointed in the result? Now you have the answer. H e said he had to honor the outcome. The coin is a tool, its not meant to dictate your dilemna. 

but whatever i guess

From a contract/age standpoint, Rather have Fowler anyway. 

9 hours ago, 5stripes said:

Quality over Quantity

Sanu - getting older, injured now, great career but not necessarily great now

Trufant - way overpaid and not what he was 3-4 years ago

Freeman - another head injury from retirement, has anybody else signed him yet?

Campbell - good but not great, was overpaid in FA

Hooper - one we might miss this year but Browns paid premium $ for him that we did not have

Stocker - one we definitely are not going to miss

Beasley - should have been gone a year ago

Of these, maybe 3 at most we would want?

Edited by jlrfalcon
9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol just like Hooper did ate off of Julio especially and Ridley drawing coverage.

Exactly.  Hooper looked really good when Julio and Rid basically drew away coverage.  Hoop found gaps in coverage and made catches.   And for that, he was honored.  Sorry guys, I thought Hooper was OK, but not much more.  

This new kid is faster and a far better blocker.  Let's see what he can do.  My guess is that he is better than Hooper in this offense, because he can get large chunks of YAC.  

44 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Quality over Quantity

Sanu - getting older, injured now, great career but not necessarily great now

Trufant - way overpaid and not what he was 3-4 years ago

Freeman - another head injury from retirement, has anybody else signed him yet?

Campbell - good but not great, was overpaid in FA

Hooper - one we might miss this year but Browns paid premium $ for him that we did not have

Stocker - one we definitely are not going to miss

Beasley - should have been gone a year ago

Of these, maybe 3 at most we would want?

The only player I will miss is Sanu.  The rest we past their prime, over-rated, or simply JAG.  I can't understand all the complaining on these boards.  The Cap is reality and fan favorites don't always produce like champions.  

I have no problems with the moves that were made.  As a matter of fact, I'd like to be rid of Neal's contract.  I prefer a Safety that can cover, create turn overs and does not get flagged for making an open field tackle.  

Plays over 40 yards is what makes you an effective player now?

So what is it that makes hooper great aside from catching short passes while the defense is distracted with doubling Julio and watching out for calvin? Is he great at anything except catching a high volume of catches? Was that worth 10 mil? He is anywhere close to Kelce, Kittle etc in talent level? No

Give hurst the same targets hooper received and you will forget who hooper was by the end of the season.