Dimitroff said he and his staff will be honing in on adding more cornerbacks to the roster over the next few weeks

Speaking with the media on the subject at the scouting combine in Indianapolis, general manager Thomas Dimitroff said you can’t have too many of them, per the Athletic.

“You can never have too many corners — within reason, of course. . . Unfortunately, some of the corners go down, and you’re going to have to have people step up. Back to this being a matchup league, if you don’t have adept corners out there who can not only cover but make plays on balls, which is a really important thing, then you can be run roughshod by other teams who understand that.”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking with the media on the subject at the scouting combine in Indianapolis, general manager Thomas Dimitroff said you can’t have too many of them, per the Athletic. “You can never have too ma

Can scratch CB off the board in the 1st. They're never this transparent. Reminds me of the DT talk last year lmao

Trumaine Johnson And Bashaud Breeland please

48 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I wonder how many will be mid tier FAs, and how many will be on 1yr vet min deals

Yeah.  I'd like a mid tier vet and one early to mid draft pick.

That'd give us a young nucleus to grow, with qualified vet experience to step up in case of problems (and we also have some safety flexibility in case of emergency)

7 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

If you think a tad above mediocrity is worth paying than I have to respectfully disagree. I'll take Fowler any day of the week and twice on Sunday 

Fowler has one good season and injury history. His best season is still only 11.5 sacks. At least Trufant is a pro bowl corner. So who’s a tad above mediocrity?

2 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

Fowler has one good season and injury history. His best season is still only 11.5 sacks. At least Trufant is a pro bowl corner. So who’s a tad above mediocrity?

Only 11.5 sacks in 1 year? Is that better than 13 interceptions in 7 years? Oh please. At least Fowler has a high ceiling. We know what Trufant is capable of after 7 years and it ain't worth paying 

1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

Only 11.5 sacks in 1 year? Is that better than 13 interceptions in 7 years? Oh please. At least Fowler has a high ceiling. We know what Trufant is capable of after 7 years and it ain't worth paying 

You do know some of the best corners don’t get a lot of interceptions because they don’t get thrown at right?

10 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

Maybe, but the arrow has been pointing down for tru the last couple of years or so, and that's not even bringing up the fact that he has no sac. Way too soft, ecstatic he's gone, honestly.