Dimi’ Presser today

This is a good presser by the way.  TD is typical corporate speak, but he's giving some good information.  He still thinks Gurley can play at a high level but also thinks the run game is a team effort.  He likes Fowler's effort and thinks he elevated his play last season because they let him play (implying Quinn is going to use him similarly, which makes sense given the price tag).

8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Not happy about the "potentially in the draft" answer about LB.  I'm hoping it's a priority and that's a smokescreen.  I love Debo, but Oloukon is unproven and behind him is nothing.

Not going to read too much into it. TD is notorious corporate/political type talk especially when it comes to the draft.

I could see a trade back into the late first round for Queen or Murray

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Not happy about the "potentially in the draft" answer about LB.  I'm hoping it's a priority and that's a smokescreen.  I love Debo, but Oloukon is unproven and behind him is nothing.

Sometimes, yall have to move off the "unproven" line. A rookie is just as unproven, if not more. Would taking Queen make you feel better? Why? 

They've seen Oluokon and know Oluokon. I'd trust them more if they think he's ready. He was an immediate upgrade over Campbell. I see him as a Stephen Nicholas type, a guy who's not going to be a big name, but a solid player who will just do his job. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Sometimes, yall have to move off the "unproven" line. A rookie is just as unproven, if not more. Would taking Queen make you feel better? Why? 

They've seen Oluokon and know Oluokon. I'd trust them more if they think he's ready. He was an immediate upgrade over Campbell. I see him as a Stephen Nicholas type, a guy who's not going to be a big name, but a solid player who will just do his job. 

You have to love the sideline to sideline speed with Foye and Debo.  Would still like to add someone early in the draft.  Chaisson or Uche please

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Like Boley,  but strictly a will

33 minutes ago, vel said:

I’m not saying Foye can’t or shouldn’t be the guy. I’m saying they need another guy in case this guy isn’t the guy. 

It’s a depth issue more than a “go get us a new star” issue. 

Things I took out of this.

McKay will have very little to do with the draft.

Contract Language.

I hope we are making alot of noise around DB because like @FrancisYorkMorgan stated it sounds like a misdirect to me.

Also think TD has a lot of confidence in some of the guys he has at DB taking the next step.

Rates Ulbrich to continue to develop the LBers.

5 hours ago, vel said:

Which I came to the conclusion that LB early may be more of a depth/later round move at this point. Sounds like they are confident that Foye can fill the in the hole where Campbell left. Not mad at it, but I do wish we could grab a Murray or Queen. That said, I think corner is also in that category of priority in the draft, where they sound like they are confident in letting Oliver progress more, and allowing Sheff to develop as well. Blidi will the "vet" of the group, and I would assume that confidence is even higher with having Rico as the veteran leader in the secondary overall. At best, they may look for a vet free agent.

So where do we go in the draft?? Well maybe this opens up more of a look into DT or S in the first. Of course if a guy we want at LB or CB is there, we will likely take that guy, but in terms of if their is multiple positions of value to choose from, I could see them think more DT or S. Some may ask about Chaisson. To me he was more straight up edge than chess piece to begin with. So if they just want a DE to replace Takk/have depth at DE, then they very well may just take him. Thinking the same as CB, where they go with an experienced vet just for depth.

DE in the first doesn't seem like something they would target considering we have Fowler, Takk, Bailey, Mariner, Means, Cominsky & Larkin. We're shallow at DT in terms of true DT and Senat is kinda up in the air for me. I like him, but does the staff like him enough is the question. Kinlaw or Brown may be their target here. Rico may fall victim to being a cap casualty, and Neal is still a question mark. Could drafting a replacement/fall back plan be in the works? The value in general for S this year seems be more in the late first/early second. I'm a huge Delpit fan, and with where his value is among mockers, maybe a trade down happens.  Mckinney has grown on me. 

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I’m not saying Foye can’t or shouldn’t be the guy. I’m saying they need another guy in case this guy isn’t the guy. 

It’s a depth issue more than a “go get us a new star” issue. 

Ah fair enough. I agree with that then. I trust Ulbrich. 

12 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You have to love the sideline to sideline speed with Foye and Debo.  Would still like to add someone early in the draft.  Chaisson or Uche please

I like the idea of moving Uche to LB, 1/3 of his snaps came from there last year and most of his pressures came on blitzing from off ball between the tackles, not off the edge.  

Chaisson only had 39 of his 745 snaps come at linebacker last year, so I’d be curious how he would do there long term, but with his shorter arms I could see him being used there if he struggles to beat tackles at the next level.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

I like the idea of moving Uche to LB, 1/3 of his snaps came from there last year and most of his pressures came on blitzing from off ball between the tackles, not off the edge.  

Chaisson only had 39 of his 745 snaps come at linebacker last year, so I’d be curious how he would do there long term, but with his shorter arms I could see him being used there if he struggles to beat tackles at the next level.

Uche is a SAM who can rush the passer on 3rd down.  I love his versatility.