How much do you trust TD

16 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

So what you’re still saying is TD is not to blame or be held accountable for the lack of pass rushers during the past 13 yrs. It was all coaching? After 13 yrs you’d figure he part of the problem here HOUSTON when it comes to pass rush.

Its only 2 coaches

And same gm

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

TD is not perfect, but has has built 3 SB caliber rosters in 12 years.

In 12 drafts he has picked 15 Pro Bowl players (projecting Lindstrom & Ridley).  He has picked 2 HOF players and signed 3 HOF players via FA who were still in their prime.

Hate how he trades up in round 1 and his cap management recently leaves something to be desired.  But he is still a very, very good GM.

TD has drafted 39 quality starters for the Falcons in 12 years.  That’s good work

TD also hired the HCs....my point is what dem good is it if he can’t hire the right HC and run the draft. I do agree he’s made some great picks that ended up as starters and pro bowlers that he should get credit for but not finding pass rushers and trench players and pretty much sucking on defense for the past 13 yrs and he’s not suppose to get credit for that too? Obviously not in some opinions on here they give him credit for drafting the good players and blame it on coaching when his picks don’t pan out. You can’t have it both ways. He// I’m pulling for the guy but no one can convince me he knows what the he// he’s doing when it comes to pass rushers. It is what it is

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

4 in 12 years is good work

You need to raise your expectations. All I’m saying is he’s had two HOFs for more than 10 yrs and can’t add the final pieces of the puzzle before it’s too late. Honestly with the right move here and there we shouldve been contending for a SB almost every year since JJ got here.

5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

For what it's worth, that last part about chasing it -- I still think Arthur Blank is the turd in that particular punch bowl. But TD appears to be, at best, a yes man when it comes to that.  So he's culpable for not standing up and saying "we can't win consistently like this, please stop."

Exactly 

6 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

So what you’re still saying is TD is not to blame or be held accountable for the lack of pass rushers during the past 13 yrs. It was all coaching? After 13 yrs you’d figure he part of the problem here HOUSTON when it comes to pass rush.

Yes he’s accountable for that but again when you put talent in front of coaches no matter how good or bad it is to me it’s still up to the coaches to get the best out of what we had.

You know this is why guys like Belichick are so good and the rest of the league can’t touch him because of his vision of how the game should be played he maximises what he has.Theres been plenty of times where teams haven’t  been most talented but because of the coach he’s made the difference and we saw that in our SB loss and when he put the high powered Rams away a year or 2 later.

Back to pass rush let’s be fair here we’ve hardly had beaters at the dline coaching position going back to Sugarbear Cox and co.We just haven’t been able to put a consistent pass rush together.True as a word TD may not have put the best talent in front of the mentioned but it’s still there jobs to maximise what they have.I don’t think this has occurred.

Coaching is everything in this league as we saw last year when Raheem Morris and Jeff Ulbrich took over our defense and turned it round into top tier without any addition of talent.

10 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

That's the thing that gets my goat. He built an incredible oline with the Patriots... thought that would be a strong suit. Boy was I wrong 

When Dante Scarnecchia briefly retired, the Pats o-line turned to garbage.

Scarnecchia returns, the line firms up tremendously.

I look forward to seeing the Pats struggle to field a decent o-line, and have no TB12 blamed entirely.

People often overlook how important the OL coach is. In my opinion, that is the absolute most important positional coach on the staff. Ours is just a guy. Not terrible--- but not outstanding. He's minimally acceptable. Chris Morgan will hold back the development of Lindstrom, McGary; he was unable to elevate or work around the schlep guards TD signed. He gets his linemen to play to about their level: not one bit higher.

48 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yes he’s accountable for that but again when you put talent in front of coaches no matter how good or bad it is to me it’s still up to the coaches to get the best out of what we had.

You know this is why guys like Belichick are so good and the rest of the league can’t touch him because of his vision of how the game should be played he maximises what he has.Theres been plenty of times where teams have been more talented but because of the coach he’s made the difference and we saw that in our SB loss and when he put the high powered Rams away a year or 2 later.

Back to pass rush let’s be fair here we’ve hardly had beaters at the dline coaching position going back to Sugarbear Cox and co.We just haven’t been able to put a consistent pass rush together.True as a word TD may not have put the best talent in front of the mentioned but it’s still there jobs to maximise what they have.I don’t think this has occurred.

Coaching is everything in this league as we saw last year when Raheem Morris and Jeff Ulbrich took over our defense and turned it round into top tier without any addition of talent.

You’d make one he!! Of a lawyer lol

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

You know this is why guys like Belichick are so good and the rest of the league can’t touch him because of his vision of how the game should be played he maximises what he has.Theres been plenty of times where teams have been more talented but because of the coach he’s made the difference and we saw that in our SB loss and when he put the high powered Rams away a year or 2 later.

Am I the only one who thought Raheem Morris got screwed in Tampa? 2/3 winning seasons for the Bucs and gets canned 

50 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Am I the only one who thought Raheem Morris got screwed in Tampa? 2/3 winning seasons for the Bucs and gets canned 

Don’t know if he got screwed but he’s doing one **** of a job here.

Basically you’ve got a HC in waiting right there and Ulbrich just slots into DC.

The thing is would he stick with Koetter would be the bigger question.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t know if he got screwed but he’s doing one **** of a job here.

Basically you’ve got a HC in waiting right there and Ulbrich just slots into DC.

The thing is would he stick with Koetter would be the bigger question.

As a head coach, he started 10 rookies and still had a winning season.

safety in college, defensive backs coach, defensive coordinator, head coach. Defensive background out the wazoo. 

What did the Falcons do? Switch him to wide receivers coach. Wtf. Should we be surprised he's flourishing in his new role with the defense?

3 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

safety in college, defensive backs coach, defensive coordinator, head coach. Defensive background out the wazoo. 

What did the Falcons do? Switch him to wide receivers coach. Wtf. Should we be surprised he's flourishing in his new role with the defense?

The only thing I can say to this is sometimes moving a defensive guy to thee offensive side can help with perspective and even enhance him as a coach.Maybe that’s one reason why he is the coach he is today who knows.

Maybe DQ does no what he’s doing.

4 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

By all accounts Morris requested the move. With the recent trend towards towards offensive minded head coaches, it was probably a smart move on his part. I suspect he still has designs on being a HC somewhere.

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

The only thing I can say to this is sometimes moving a defensive guy to thee offensive side can help with perspective and even enhance him as a coach.Maybe that’s one reason why he is the coach he is today who knows.

Maybe DQ does no what he’s doing.

My philosophy is to put the aces in their places 

15 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

No TD does have blame, like I said he isnt perfect. He has added some guys. Some worked some didnt and who knows if the coaches said I can work with these guys etc. I do feel like coaching has a lot to do with it. You do remember TD tried to get D Lawrence and D Ford amoung others, but the draft didnt work out. 

7 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Coaches need to put people where he needs them.. wants be danged 

DQ did that last year.

Im not 100 why he wanted to go to the other side of the ball but he’s in the right spot now.Like I mentioned very early I wonder if those couple of seasons coaching thee other side helps him with his strong suit.

Regardless I very much doubt Morris is here next year if the defense and team go well.Only way he stays is if he’s promoted.

33 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

DQ did that last year.

Im not 100 why he wanted to go to the other side of the ball but he’s in the right spot now.Like I mentioned very early I wonder if those couple of seasons coaching thee other side helps him with his strong suit.

Regardless I very much doubt Morris is here next year if the defense and team go well.Only way he stays is if he’s promoted.

I would seriously consider him as head coach. Again, taking the Bucs to a winning record and playoff birth with 10 starting rookies says something. He knows how to coach young talent 

8 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No TD does have blame, like I said he isnt perfect. He has added some guys. Some worked some didnt and who knows if the coaches said I can work with these guys etc. I do feel like coaching has a lot to do with it. You do remember TD tried to get D Lawrence and D Ford amoung others, but the draft didnt work out. 

Yes I remember when he wanted those guys and it didn’t work out ...but it is his job to make things work out. That’s an excuse...he gets paid mega bucks and has the job title GM. So what’s your saying is if he would’ve WORKED it out with those guys the coaching would’ve been better. That’s talking out of both sides of your mouth. My point is he sucks at finding pass rushers....that’s not an opinion it’s a FACT after 13 yrs. He does a lot of good things and I’m pulling for him but it’s time to find some pass rushers after three decades of being the GM 

2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

I would seriously consider him as head coach. Again, taking the Bucs to a winning record and playoff birth with 10 starting rookies says something. He knows how to coach young talent 

I think the experience working on offense expanded his knowledge of defense. If we have a great season he’ll get another chance imo