14 days, 5 hours and 41 minutes until the NFL Draft...Official Falcons countdown. (Updated Daily)

g-dawg

Today is Monday, April 6th.    The NFL Draft officially begins Thursday night, April 23rd at 8:00pm.  We are officially 391 hours away.   Of course with many of us home 24/7/365 right now and with no other sports on television the "feels like" thermometer will be more like 2 months away.

We can put our "thought for the day" here every day here each day - all who would like - I will update the title of the thread on the countdown each day.

Good idea G Dawg

My thought remains the same - day in day out - year in year out and for many drafts ....just give me a Pass Rush please. If it means a top corner that’s fine - if it means finding a pass rush on the edge - if it means new coaches HC or GM idc. If I was a pass rusher in the draft I’d pray the Falcons didn’t draft me.....pass rush and Falcons don’t jive or hasn’t most of the last 12-13 yrs.

I mean surely we strike gold sooner or later.

quick prediction of Falcons ultimate picks (not my choices, a theory of what they could do):

Atlanta Falcons Predicted 2020 draft:

#1-016)  CJ Henderson, CB - Florida

Falcons 2020 NFL Draft scouting report : C.J. Henderson - The ...

trade up:    Falcons trade #2-047 (430pts)  and #3-078(200pts) to the Kansas City Chiefs for #1-032 (590pts) and #5-177(19pts).

#1-032) (f/ Kansas City)  Patrick Queen, LB - LSU

2020 Raiders Draft Prospect: LB Patrick Queen - Full Press Coverage

#2-047) traded to KC

#3-078) traded to KC

#4-119) Tyler Biadasz, C/OG - Wisconsin

Amherst's Biadasz named Outland Trophy finalist - Stevens Point News

#4-143) Davion Taylor, LB - Colorado

Davion Taylor, Colorado, Outside Linebacker

#5-177) (f/ KC) McTelvin Agim, DT - Arkansas

McTelvin Agim | Arkansas Razorbacks

#7-228) Jon Runyan, OG/OT - Michigan

Jon Runyan - Football - University of Michigan Athletics

obviously "who the hail knows?" but I could see Falcons using those two day 2 picks to jump to the back of Round 1 just like they did last year - I might have the trade partner and the target wrong but I could see that similar trade as last year again.

My thought for the day is for the draft to last 5 days instead of 3 and more time per selection.  Only entertainment on TV.  Then with with the 20th pick after trading down with the Jags the Falcons select slot WR Justin Jefferson LSU.

ATL 20.
Justin Jefferson
WR LSU
trade icon
ATL 47.
Neville Gallimore
DT Oklahoma

ATL 73.
Kyle Dugger
S Lenoir Rhyne
trade icon
ATL 78.
Bryce Hall
CB UVA

ATL 119.
Davion Taylor
OLB Colorado

ATL 143.
Alton Robinson
DE Syracuse

Edited by Someday soon

8 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Good idea G Dawg

My thought remains the same - day in day out - year in year out and for many drafts ....just give me a Pass Rush please. If it means a top corner that’s fine - if it means finding a pass rush on the edge - if it means new coaches HC or GM idc. If I was a pass rusher in the draft I’d pray the Falcons didn’t draft me.....pass rush and Falcons don’t jive or hasn’t most of the last 12-13 yrs.

I mean surely we strike gold sooner or later.

it really is amazing how long the Falcons have been poor in passrush - haven't had a really good one for a long, long time - all the way back to Kerney/Abraham in early 2000's.

3 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

My thought for the day is for the draft to last 5 days instead of 3 and more time per selection.  Only entertainment on TV.  Then with with the 20th pick after trading down with the Jags the Falcons select slot WR Justin Jefferson LSU.

Lol if that happens many here better walk away from the ledge before our first pick. 

6 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

if Falcons traded down and took a WR, I would hardly call that entertainment - would rather be water boarded.

what do you guys think about the trade back up into the end of the 1st round if Queen or Murray slipped to the last 5 picks?  Would cost us both of our Day 2 picks like last year?

I could see it.

Seems both CB and LB are our runaway needs on the defense right now.   The rest of my mock in 4th-7th rounds is just pure guesswork but I can feel those first two picks as a real possible scenario.

Linebackers tend to drop on draft day and, best case scenario they are going in the late teens to early 20's anyway.    Fairly large dropoff after Chaisson, Murray and Queen.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

it really is amazing how long the Falcons have been poor in passrush - haven't had a really good one for a long, long time - all the way back to Kerney/Abraham in early 2000's.

Oh yes. I remember those 2 games of my life when they actually played together and we had a legitimate defensive pass rush threat

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

quick prediction of Falcons ultimate picks (not my choices, a theory of what they could do):

trade up:    Falcons trade #2-047 (430pts)  and #3-078(200pts) to the Kansas City Chiefs for #1-032 (590pts) and #5-177(19pts).

#2-047) traded to KC

#3-078) traded to KC

obviously "who the hail knows?" but I could see Falcons using those two day 2 picks to jump to the back of Round 1 just like they did last year - I might have the trade partner and the target wrong but I could see that similar trade as last year again.

I actually like the bottom half of this draft.Perfect in the depth stakes.

Many will disagree with this but honestly it’s our best chance in my opinion. Draft Queen with the 16th pick Diggs in the second round trade back into the second round for Elliott and after that it doesn’t matter to me. We’ll have 3 immediate impact players at positions of need. I believe Neal will come back as the enforcer and Raheem Morris will have the defense playing great. 

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

what do you guys think about the trade back up into the end of the 1st round if Queen or Murray slipped to the last 5 picks?  Would cost us both of our Day 2 picks like last year?

I could see it.

Seems both CB and LB are our runaway needs on the defense right now.   The rest of my mock in 4th-7th rounds is just pure guesswork but I can feel those first two picks as a real possible scenario.

Linebackers tend to drop on draft day and, best case scenario they are going in the late teens to early 20's anyway.    Fairly large dropoff after Chaisson, Murray and Queen.

No t a fan of it. Could do Henderson @16, but let the draft come to us. Anyone we trade up to grab chances are there will be someone as good or better at the position taken later

17 hours ago, g-dawg said:

#2-047) traded to KC

#3-078) traded to KC

I don’t think McKay will allow that to happen unless we are trading up in the early 1st for an impact player like Simmons

13 hours ago, cportcuz said:

Many will disagree with this but honestly it’s our best chance in my opinion. Draft Queen with the 16th pick Diggs in the second round trade back into the second round for Elliott and after that it doesn’t matter to me. We’ll have 3 immediate impact players at positions of need. I believe Neal will come back as the enforcer and Raheem Morris will have the defense playing great. 

I would rather draft Queen at 16 compared to drafting Henderson at 16 that’s for sure

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I would rather draft Queen at 16 compared to drafting Henderson at 16 that’s for sure

Again, the draft above was more about predicting something I could see the Falcons doing rather than what I would do.

Two fast players on defensive side of ball from two of Quinn’s favorite schools to draft.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

If they do that the message board would pretty much goBuilding explosion GIF - Find on GIFER

Why not give Ryan everything he could possibly want/need for the next three years.  The rest of the draft for defense.  Make no mistake, the Falcons will only go as far as the offense takes them.

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Again, the draft above was more about predicting something I could see the Falcons doing rather than what I would do.

Two fast players on defensive side of ball from two of Quinn’s favorite schools to draft.

I know it wasn’t your mock. I was just offering my opinion on drafting Queen high compared to drafting Henderson at 16