Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The following is a consensus mock draft for Round 1, based upon 340 mock drafts. The player being mocked to each team in the Consensus Mock is the one receiving the highest number of mock draft picks for that particular team and who has not previously been included in the Mock.  The corresponding % is what % of the mock drafts have that specific player being mocked to that particular team. This consensus mock draft is updated on a daily basis. The following data is compiled as of Monday, April 6: 

1. Bengals: Joe Burrows, QB = 96%

2. Redskins: Chase Young, Edge = 89%

3. Lions: Jeffrey Okudah, CB = 71%

4. Giants: Isaiah Simmons, LB = 24%

5. Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB = 69%

6. Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB = 64%

7. Panthers: Derrick Brown, DT = 43%

8. Cardinals: Tie between Jedrick Wills, OT and Tristan Wirfs, OT = 23% each

9. Jaguars: Javon Kinlaw, DT = 12% (the Jag team data shows Brown at 29%, Simmons at 15%, and Kinlaw at 12%. Since Brown and Simmons have already been mocked, they could not be included again) 

10. Browns: Melchi Becton, OT = 24%

11. Jets: CeeDee Lamb, WR = 17%

12. Raiders: Jerry Jeudy, WR = 35%

13. Niners: Henry Ruggs, WR = 21%

14. Bucs: Andrew Thomas, OT = 20%

15. Broncos: Kristian Fulton, CB = 5%  (the team data shows Ruggs at 37%, Lamp at 10%, and Jeudy at 8%. Since these players have already been mocked, they could not be included again)

 

16. Falcons: K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge = 37%    (CJ Henderson, CB = 18%, Javon Kinlaw, DT = 13%, nonspecified Others=  32%)

 

17. Cowboys: CJ Henderson, CB = 19%

18. Dolphins: Josh Jones, OT = 18%

19. Raiders: Kenneth Murray, LB = 20%

20. Jaguars: Trevon Diggs, CB = 8%

21. Eagles: Justin Jefferson, WR = 31%

22. Vikings: Tee Higgins, WR = 10%

23. Broncos: Jordan Love, QB = 18%

24. Saints: Patrick Queen, LB = 16%

25. Vikings: Jeff Gladney, CB = 7%

26. Dolphins: D'Andre Swift, RB = 22%

27. Eagles: Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge = 26%

28. Vikings: Zack Baun, OLB = 10%

29. Titans: Terrell Lewis, OLB = 7%

30. Packers: Denzel Mimbs, WR = 14%

31. Niners: Xavier McKinney, S = 13%

32. Chiefs: AJ Terrell, CB = 9%

 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2020/consensus-mock-draft-2020

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

So the Broncos pick right before ours seems like the biggest wildcard ahead of us

There appears to be an error with the Bronco's pick at #15 in the Consensus draft, as Denver's indicated consensus selection and % seemed strange.  When I click on Team and then Denver, it shows a difference. Kristian Fulton is not the top pick at all, but rather, Ruggs at 37%, Lamb at 10%, and Jeudy at 8%.  I've spot tested other individual teams, such as Atlanta, and the team data does match-up with the Consensus Draft Pick and %.  I edited the OP to reflect that possible error. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theProf said:

There appears to be an error with the Bronco's pick at #15 in the Consensus draft, as Denver's indicated consensus selection and % seemed strange.  When I click on Team and then Denver, it shows a difference. Kristian Fulton is not the top pick at all, but rather, Ruggs at 37%, Lamb at 10%, and Jeudy at 8%.  I've spot tested other individual teams, such as Atlanta, and the team data does match-up with the Consensus Draft Pick and %. 

Ruggs, Lamb, and Jeudy are all selected ahead of Denver in this mock, hence it would default to a pick not yet taken 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Ruggs, Lamb, and Jeudy are all selected ahead of Denver in this mock, hence it would default to a pick not yet taken 

Thanks that very well could be the explanation for the discrepancy.  In Denver's team data, it only shows the top three picks (Ruggs, Lamb, and Jeudy)  but everyone else after that is lumped into "Other". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If we can get a receiver run between picks 11-15 with Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs all going in that 5-pick stretch,  that should work out nicely for our beloved Falcons at 16.

That would be very nice. Also it appears that the Bucs at #14, would probably want to get an OT as mocked to help protect Brady.  They have still not re-signed their UFA starting Right Tackle from last season, Demar Dotson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, theProf said:

That would be very nice. Also it appears that the Bucs at #14, would probably want to get an OT as mocked to help protect Brady.  They have still not re-signed their UFA starting Right Tackle from last season, Demar Dotson. 

w/ Vea and Suh, I see no reason the Bucs would be inclined to select Kinlaw should he drop their pick at #14 and agree w/ your call on an offensive tackle - they want to maximize the Brady years as well they should.  Same for Broncos with their signing of Jurrell Casey.

If Kinlaw can get past the Jags at #9, he could easily drop all the way to Falcons at #16 if no one jumped up for him behind us.

10) Browns - need an offensive tackle and offensive line in general

11) Jets - need an offensive tackle and receiver

12) Raiders - need a #1 WR and maybe a QB (also could use DL)

13) Niners - need a #1 WR (also could use DL)

14) Bucs - need an OT

15) Broncos - need offensive line and wide receiver (also could use DL)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

 Ruggs, Lamb, and Jeudy are all selected ahead of Denver in this mock, hence it would default to a pick not yet taken 

Yep that is exactly how this Consensus Mock is working. It is the specific player with the highest number of mocks for a particular team and who has not been previously been included in the Consensus Mock. I tested team data for the Jags, and found that Derrick Brown was at 29%, Isaiah Simmons was at 15%, and Javon Kinlaw was at 12%.  Since Simmons was already included at pick#4 and Brown at pick #7 in the Consensus Draft, they were excluded from being ineligible for the Jags pick at #9.  I edited the OP once again to reflect this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, theProf said:

Yep that is exactly how this Consensus Mock is working. It is the specific player with the highest number of mocks for a particular team and who has not been previously been included in the Consensus Mock. I tested team data for the Jags, and found that Derrick Brown was at 29%, Isaiah Simmons was at 15%, and Javon Kinlaw was at 12%.  Since Simmons was already included at pick#4 and Brown at pick #7 in the Consensus Draft, they were excluded from being ineligible for the Jags pick at #9.  I edited the OP once again to reflect this. 

hard to believe that the Jags would really bank on GARDNER MINSHEW as their franchise QB.   Unless they are already planning on tanking for Lawrence or Fields.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, texasfalconfan said:

Unless Claisson can fill Campbell’s spot we need to pass, and go corner I prefer diggs to henderson

I am more in the line of unless Chaisson can be a pass rusher who they see as a double digit sack guy we should pass at 16. You don’t spend a mid first round pick to fill Campbell’s role. Maybe at 47, but not 16.

Think the Bears if the regret the Leonard Floyd pick? that’s what many are claiming Chaisson will be for us as a “chess piece”. They moved on before his rookie deal ran its course, and they apparently loved what he did in his role, it just wasn’t valuable enough to pay him his 5th year option even.

That said, if they think he is that talented at rushing the passer, by all means make him the pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I am more in the line of unless Chaisson can be a pass rusher who they see as a double digit sack guy we should pass at 16. You don’t spend a mid first round pick to fill Campbell’s role. Maybe at 47, but not 16.

Think the Bears if the regret the Leonard Floyd pick? that’s what many are claiming Chaisson will be for us as a “chess piece”. They moved on before his rookie deal ran its course, and they apparently loved what he did in his role, it just wasn’t valuable enough to pay him his 5th year option even.

That said, if they think he is that talented at rushing the passer, by all means make him the pick.

yeah, I just see Chaisson as one of those "masters of none" type guys.  He's not going to be a double-digit sacker and he may be a good player but gotta be careful for what you think his role will be and - is that role valuable enough to justify the high pick.    Don't want him for that very reason..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, I just see Chaisson as one of those "masters of none" type guys.  He's not going to be a double-digit sacker and he may be a good player but gotta be careful for what you think his role will be and - is that role valuable enough to justify the high pick.    Don't want him for that very reason..

This, and he looks to be VERY raw. A project player, not an instant impact plug-and-play type. Does not make sense for a HC/GM who are literally fighting for their jobs. All-in year = get guys who can help day 1. I see MIA and NYJ (a few years away from contention) as good suiters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, I just see Chaisson as one of those "masters of none" type guys.  He's not going to be a double-digit sacker and he may be a good player but gotta be careful for what you think his role will be and - is that role valuable enough to justify the high pick.    Don't want him for that very reason..

that is why I want to trade back and grab a S... or go ahead and grab it at 16... but I think a good WR or OT would be there for some team to trade up with us... then grab a S...

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

that is why I want to trade back and grab a S... or go ahead and grab it at 16... but I think a good WR or OT would be there for some team to trade up with us... then grab a S...

I guess I am just not a “safety” guy.  I never want to take a safety unless I believe they are Hall of Fame caliber.   Of course most aren’t and the ones that have become HOFs you don’t think they are at the time.   If you could convince me Delpit or McKinnie we’re gonna be Earl Thomas, Polamalu, Ed Reed or Eric Berry I would jump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vel said:

Might want to throw Delpit or Winfield out there for Atlanta.

Admittedly, I'm not quite sure if I understand your comment. However, if your comment pertains  to possibly including data re Delpit or Winfield being mocked in the 1st-round for the Falcons, I can't do that from this particular website. This website only shows a particular team's top three highest number for the  first-round mock draft selection from the 340 mock drafts in its database.  In the Falcons case, its top three are Chaisson at 37% (ie 37% of the 340 included mock drafts have Chaisson as the Falcons mocked selection at pick #16), Henderson at 18%, and Kinlaw at 13%.  However the remaining 32% of the Falcons first-round mock selections are to unspecified players, other than the 3 aforementioned.  Delpit or Winfield may be part of the 32% of the unspecified players, but I can't tell you to what extent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...