April 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tell all the players I talk to take all 5 visits. You will never get an opportunity like this again more than likely 

Posted Images

Top247 DE Elijah Jeudy alters plans, will announce shorly. 

Rather than wait until the summer to announce his decision, four-star weak side defensive end Elijah Jeudy decided to move up his commitment, and in a big way.

The Philadelphia Northeast standout will celebrate his 17th birthday with a commitment. He will make his school of choice known Sunday at 5 p.m.

Last weekend the No. 12 weak side defensive end released a top five of Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU, Tennessee and Oregon. He told 247Sports he was planning a mid July announcement.

Of the schools in his top five, Jeudy has visited Texas A&M, Georgia and Tennessee. He had an official visit set to Georgia for this weekend. He was slated to official visit LSU later this month but those visits were cancelled because of the visit shutdown in relation to the coronavirus pandemic.

Jeudy visited Georgia prior to the February dead period, and he gushed about the trip and his desire to get back there in the spring.

“I can really see myself playing in that Georgia style defense,” Jeudy said at the time. “They have a great program and knowing that they had one the best defenses is motivation enough to really want to take a visit and see if I really fit in, even though (defensive coordinator) coach (Dan) Lanning says I do.”

Jeudy visited Texas A&M during the season and he was scheduled to return for an unofficial in late March, and he looking at spring official visit as well.

“A&M has been in it for a while,” he said last week. “The main reason is (defensive line) coach (Elijah) Robinson. I know coaches might not be there or long, but in my career I feel like coach Robinson is not going to leave.”

After an early March visit to Tennessee, Jeudy said he felt comfortable on the campus and speaking with his teammates.

“The vibe is just different,” he said. “It feels like home.”

Scouting report from Jeudy’s 247Sports profile: Wiry frame with length but needs to add size and strength. Plus burst. Covers a lot of ground in first few steps. Closes on ball carrier well. Pure pass rusher. Changes direction well and can chase play down from behind. Quick hands. Agile and fast. Ability to drop into coverage. Needs to get stronger. Narrow shoulders. Relies heavily on speed. Has to develop technique and move combinations. Multi-year starter at top-20 program. Projects as a third-round NFL draft selection.

Brian Dohn believes we sit very well with him. 

6 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

@SacFalcFanFrom Elijah’s Twitter feed.

To me, this is CKS getting Jeudy to go ahead and make his silent commitment public to stem the bad news to the fan base of Barrett Carter to Clemscum.   Don't get me wrong, I love Jeudy and he is a stud and will love to get him, but CKS is known for doing this bad news/good news thing.

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Funny how in this video from April 13th,Wiltfong says Carter to Dawgs, but next day crystal balls Carter to Clemscum.  Something must have changed overnight.

We will see how things go.. yes carter is close to hancock and family, but we will see if that is the deciding factor that some think it will be.  carter wants to make more visits before he decides which bodes well for us IMO. 

Georgia trending for four-star Brock Bowers

ByKIPP ADAMS 21 minutes ago

Georgia is bringing in Florida State graduate transfer Tre' McKitty to bridge the production at tight end following the departure of Charlie Woerner and Eli Wolf. Looking to the 2021 cycle, it is clear that Georgia could use more help at the position and, as luck would have it, they are after one of the best tight ends in the nation. As of Friday, he is trending to the Dawgs in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

According to the predictive feature, Georgia has received four predictions and hold all of the selections for Napa (Calif.) four-star Brock Bowers. The 6-foot-3, 225-pound prospect has over 20 offers and recently placed Georgia in his top eight. The Bulldogs are the only SEC program to make the cut. Cal, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, UCLA, and Washington make up the rest of the group.

Bowers last visited Georgia in January.

"We went on a visit to Georgia in January and got to meet the new offensive coordinator down there, Coach (Todd) Monken," Bowers told 247Sports' National Analyst Brandon Huffman in February. "He was showing us clips on how he'll use the tight end and how he did when he was with the Bucs."

Bowers said the Georgia trip made an impact on him.

"It definitely was a good trip and I'm glad I visited," said Bowers. "I learned a lot about Georgia and the program. I really liked Athens too, it reminded me a lot of Napa."

Todd Hartley is Bowers' primary recruiter for UGA, and he played an integral role in the Bulldogs signing five-star tight end Darnell Washington out of Las Vegas in the 2020 class. Washington is the only tight end the Bulldogs signed in the 2020 class and they're currently set to have five on campus in the 2020 class. In addition to Washington, UGA will have two redshirt freshmen in Ryland Goede and Brett Seither. It.will also have redshirt sophomore John FitzPatrick and McKitty, the only player at the position who is for sure on his way out after the 2020 season.  Ranked by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 101 prospect, No. 3 tight end, and No. 11 overall recruit in Califonia, Bowers is given a player comparison of Noah Fant and the scouting report is below.

"Boasts elite level athleticism, clocking a 4.5 40 as a sophomore and a 40-inch vertical. Has the speed to burn a linebacker and separate from a defensive back. Tracks the ball well, uses good body control and his hands to make his catches and routinely finds the soft spot in a defense. Plus blocker who can seal off the edge but used best as a pass-catcher. Projects as multi-year Power 5 starter and projects as second-round pick."

On 4/16/2020 at 6:48 PM, Carter said:

He's good for a miss from time to time. Clemson will be a cause for concern whenever we have to battle them for a recruit, but I like our chances to land Barrett Carter a lot.

PS - Since the board update we can now like Sac's posts :ninja:

It's about darn time!! And yeah.. I'm very likely to go overboard liking every Sac post for a bit. :lol: