April 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

1 minute ago, LawDawg said:

"I still will be taking all 5 official visits for a final decision but as of right now I know where I want to continue my football career."

Sounds like he only committed to not being entirely committed. These kids. LoL.

I'd take all 5 if I was in his shoes. You only get to do it once. Live it up.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tell all the players I talk to take all 5 visits. You will never get an opportunity like this again more than likely 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Great pickup!!!  I love Lovasea Carroll.. Very happy he jumped onboard. 

So does this commitment say anything about Donovan Edwards like we are trailing there?   We saw the recent CB from someone that had Edwards to Michigan and SoFl Dawg had mentioned last week that Lovasea Carroll would commit as soon as he had a commitable  offer.

I just asked those guys on TOS.   Will let you know what they say.

6 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I'd take all 5 if I was in his shoes. You only get to do it once. Live it up.

I get it and I'm all for that. But why publish an official commitment announcement when you're not fully committed? Attention whoring perhaps? Just saying.

13 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

"I still will be taking all 5 official visits for a final decision but as of right now I know where I want to continue my football career."

Sounds like UGA gave him the go ahead to publicly "soft-commit" with the mutual understanding that we are still recruiting some bigger fish also. 

9 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Sounds like UGA gave him the go ahead to publicly "soft-commit" with the mutual understanding that we are still recruiting some bigger fish also. 

This announcement comes at the heels of the recent CBs for Edwards to UMich. Maybe that has something to do with it.

4 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

This announcement comes at the heels of the recent CBs for Edwards to UMich. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I'd imagine the Covid quarantine has a lot to do with making this a unique situation. Probably for more players that just Carroll this year. 

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

@youngbloodzHey man..   You know anything about Kristian Zachary?  I don't care about his ranking he is a player I would love to see us add.. You know how hard we are recruiting him?  Also where he is leaning?  

KHRISTIANK
ZACHARY
KHRISTIAN
ZACHARY
KHRISTIAN
KHRISTIAN
ZACHARY
ZACHARY

I know a little about him. He is long and athletic. His first step is flat out explosive. And he works on his technique practically every day. I know UGA talks to Calhoun about him a lot before the pandemic happened. Not sure where he is leaning. But he is a follower of Christ and he is big into teaching others about Christ. He will chose whichever program that  he feels aligns with his beliefs imo. He stated he will pray about his decision. So honestly I don’t think anyone knows exactly. I believe he will play OLB for us because we run a 2-5 front. Kevin Swint played ILB last year but he will play DE in college next year 

On 4/9/2020 at 0:09 PM, LawDawg said:

Sounds like a very intelligent young man.  It’s not often you see them prioritize academics over athletics.  Wish more would.  Love how he said “I’ll be taking my academics and football career to UGA.”

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Jeff Sentell and SoFl Dawg still seem confident on Donovan Edwards - post random CB to Michigan.

I’d be happy with Carroll and Edwards , but only downside is Brown goes to the Barn or UTerd.   He will be a force in college imo

2 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I’d be happy with Carroll and Edwards , but only downside is Brown goes to the Barn or UTerd.   He will be a force in college imo

Well you gotta take the best player you can get and clearly Edwards seems to have the highest ceiling.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Well you gotta take the best player you can get and clearly Edwards seems to have the highest ceiling.

Oh yeah, I’d pick Edwards too.  Just hate seeing the instate studs go to our rivals.  Will hurt less if we start winning a Natty on a regular basis

On 4/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, Turkeydawg said:

Sac, would you be happy with Carroll and Cody Brown?

Not really..  I want edwards with carroll personally (actually i wanted edwards with johson, but i don't see johnson having much interest in UGA).  I would like either cody brown or carroll with Edwards, but frankly we need a top tier rb like edwards and then the 2nd piece i am fine with either.. now if we do end up with cody and carroll while I won't be as happy, you can't really complain getting two top 10 rbs..  we however have one of the best rb recruiters in the nation and Dell needs to bring in at least 1 top tier rb each cycle.. i personally cringe when i see UGA fans put down Carroll on message boards.. I think he is a lot better RB then he is being given credit for.. I like him a lot.. he is stiff at times, but I really like his vision and his ability to hit a hole.. i think he will be a great addition.. 

3 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Wiltfong just crystal balled Barrett Carter to Clemscum.   WTF!

Some say it’s because of Hickeys comments about him to Clemson but others aren’t buying it. 

I sure hope Fong is wrong in this one. We need Barrett. 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, 007dawg said:

Wiltfong just crystal balled Barrett Carter to Clemscum.   WTF!

He's good for a miss from time to time. Clemson will be a cause for concern whenever we have to battle them for a recruit, but I like our chances to land Barrett Carter a lot.

PS - Since the board update we can now like Sac's posts :ninja:

23 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Some say it’s because of Hickeys comments about him to Clemson but others aren’t buying it. 

I sure hope Fong is wrong in this one. We need Barrett. 

Barrett is best friends with Jordan Hancock, who committed to Clemson about a month ago. They are teammates at North Gwinnett, visited Clemson together and Hancock has been pushing him to go to Clemson. The fact that he hasn't committed yet is good for us. Schumann and Dell are both recruiting him hard.

I feel good about our chances, but I will add that if he does commit to Clemson then it's over. I can't remember the last time they had a decommitment, especially from a top recruit who committed early.