Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

April 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

Well March had a little more going on than I expected. But now it’s April in coronaville and everything is shut down.

No G Day. :o

The season openers already somewhat in question? :o

Say it ain’t so.

Hope you’re all getting on well through all this craziness. Maybe we will get some more good Dawg news this month. :) 

Four-star TE Brock Bowers puts Georgia in top group

ByJAKE ROWE 11 hours ago

Georgia entered the 2021 recruiting cycles with a few major needs and one of them was at least one tight end. One of the best in the nation released his final group of schools on Sunday and UGA is the only SEC program included. Napa (Napa, Calif.) tight end Brock Bowers named a top eight that was made up of the Bulldogs plus Cal, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, UCLA, and Washington.

Over half of Bowers list is made up of Pac12 schools with one independent, one Big10, and one SEC program in UGA. 

At 6-foot-3 225 pounds, Bowers is the nation's No. 102 overall prospect  in the 2021 class and the No. 3 tight end per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He's the No. 11 overall prospect in the Golden State. But when you look at the 247Sports in-house rankings, Bowers is ranked No. 52 overall and as the No. 2 tight end. He's the No. 5 prospect in California.

Boasts elite level athleticism, clocking a 4.5 40 as a sophomore and a 40-inch vertical. Has the speed to burn a linebacker and separate from a defensive back. Tracks the ball well, uses good body control and his hands to make his catches and routinely finds the soft spot in a defense. Plus blocker who can seal off the edge but used best as a pass-catcher. Projects as multi-year Power 5 starter and projects as second round pick.

Todd Hartley is Bowers' primary recruiter for UGA, and he played an integral role in the Bulldogs signing five-star tight end Darnell Washington out of Las Vegas in the 2020 class. Washington is the only tight end the Bulldogs signed in the 2020 class and they're currently set to have five on campus in the 2020 class. In addition to Washington, UGA will have two redshirt freshmen in Ryland Goede and Brett Seither. It.will also have redshirt sophomore John FitzPatrick and graduate Tre' McKitty. McKitty is the only player at the position who is for sure on his way out after the 2020 season. 

Under Kirby Smart, the Bulldogs have been committed to having at least four and, more often than not, five tight ends on the roster. In fact, the Bulldogs have used as many as four tight ends regularly since Smart arrived in Athens. In 2019, Charlie Woerner and Eli Wolf were the primary tight ends and that was the lowest number the Bulldogs have employed at that spot. A big reason for that is the fact that Smart is a bigger fan of the tight end position that fullback, due to the fact that tight ends tend to be bigger, longer athletes who provide more versatility as a blocker and more of a matchup issue in the passing game. 

Thus far UGA has offered 16 tight ends in the 2021 class. 

Saw where a Michigan 247 guy cb'd Donovan Edwards to Michigan.   I wonder with all of the shutdown due to the virus if we will have to stay close to home and take Cody Brown and Lovasea Carroll as our 2 rbs this year?   These out of state kids don't know when or if they will be able to visit.    It's definitely a blessing for UGA to reside in such a talent-rich state, especially in times like these.

@youngbloodzHey man..   You know anything about Kristian Zachary?  I don't care about his ranking he is a player I would love to see us add.. You know how hard we are recruiting him?  Also where he is leaning?  

KHRISTIANK
ZACHARY
KHRISTIAN
ZACHARY
KHRISTIAN
KHRISTIAN
ZACHARY
ZACHARY

7 minutes ago, Ransack said:

ImageImage

"I still will be taking all 5 official visits for a final decision but as of right now I know where I want to continue my football career."

Sounds like he only committed to not being entirely committed. These kids. LoL.