Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Spts1

Tried to watch 28-3 Superbowl for the first time.

Just now, athell said:

Well the good news is we don't have to be to win a chip.  The bad news is it'll never be that easy ever again.

Dude we just steamrolled and marched to the superbowl I'd never seen a Falcons team just impose its will like it did..the only games we lost are the games we literally Beat YOURSELF.other than that other team stood no chance.just crazy.

14 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Dude we just steamrolled and marched to the superbowl I'd never seen a Falcons team just impose its will like it did..the only games we lost are the games we literally Beat YOURSELF.other than that other team stood no chance.just crazy.

It was the most fun I have ever had as a Falcon fan.  Curb stomping the Pack was one of the best 3 hours of my life.  Alford's pick 6 will forever hold a special place in my heart.  So so so many great memories from that season.

31 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

Sad thing is the offensive genius that day only lead our team to 21 points.... There's only a handful of players from that team left.. Falcons are not trying to keep that team together

Said genius also lost his backpack with the playbook in it for 45 minutes.  Then some news reporter said he picked it up by accident!!!!!  Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, athell said:

It was the most fun I have ever had as a Falcon fan.  Curb stomping the Pack was one of the best 3 hours of my life.  Alford's pick 6 will forever hold a special place in my heart.  So so so many great memories from that season.

I sat there with a S.E. grin on my face the whole time...the media actually thought they stood a chance with a destroyed secondary..Aaron Rodgers or not he stood no chance

He makes that last pick hes probably mvp of the super bowl

Edited by RoddyWhite84

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, athell said:

After they beat the Cowboys the analysts were making them out to be the hot ****. They came into our house and got blasted. I always watch their mic'd up highlights against the Cowboys then I watch the mic'd up against us. Always gives me a sense of joy afterwards. It's like they were a hot team against them but then we made them look like total garbage.

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr

51 minutes ago, anewton said:

I cant honestly imagine why any falcons fan would want to re-watch that game ever

We were told to embrace the suck or whatever 

37 minutes ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

After they beat the Cowboys the analysts were making them out to be the hot ****. They came into our house and got blasted. I always watch their mic'd up highlights against the Cowboys then I watch the mic'd up against us. Always gives me a sense of joy afterwards. It's like they were a hot team against them but then we made them look like total garbage.

That 75 yard Julio TD gave me chills.  I was SO pumped.

16 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

Sad thing is the offensive genius that day only lead our team to 21 points.... There's only a handful of players from that team left.. Falcons are not trying to keep that team together

No I agree that they purged the team so to speak this off season, but it's too little too late. 

2 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

No I agree that they purged the team so to speak this off season, but it's too little too late. 

Didn’t purge the coach. I swear a part of Quinn died that day, he’s not the same

I had family and friends calling and congratulating me in the 3rd quarter and I said if we can just get one more FG at 28-3 then I said but never count the Falcons out from screwing this up. After the phone calls the Falcons starting doing what they do. Why in the hayell did people start calling me in the middle of the 3rd quarter...still hurts

I will never re-watch that game. NEVER.

Although, I don't understand why everyone points out the "3 holding calls on 3rd down" as some sort of turning point. That drive ended in the pick-6. Yeah, it didn't help with the defense being gassed, but honestly at the time, I was deliriously happy because the refs trying to help the Pats and keep the game interesting completely backfired and gave us a 21-0 lead.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I had family and friends calling and congratulating me in the 3rd quarter and I said if we can just get one more FG at 28-3 then I said but never count the Falcons out from screwing this up. After the phone calls the Falcons starting doing what they do. Why in the hayell did people start calling me in the middle of the 3rd quarter...still hurts

Yep. Even tho we were up 25 pts I still knew better to call the game. Learned that from the 49ers NFCCG. I wanted the Pat's side of the scoreboard to stay at zero the whole game but as soon as we let them drive down the field and kick that fg before the half I knew Belichick had figured out something and the game was far from over.

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr

The biggest no call of the game was the Sanu Face mask that didn't get called.  When I saw that, I knew we were going to lose.  I was tailgating in Houston for the game.  I remember Matthews getting a holding call.  Freeman couldn't block anyone and the Falcons turning the ball over.

7 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

The biggest no call of the game was the Sanu Face mask that didn't get called.  When I saw that, I knew we were going to lose.  I was tailgating in Houston for the game.  I remember Matthews getting a holding call.  Freeman couldn't block anyone and the Falcons turning the ball over.

I think it was the huge facemask on Ryan that never got called would of been a whole different story 

Posted (edited)

I’m still p*ssed at the fact that the Patriots ran 101 plays on offense and weren’t called for offensive holding a single f*cking time... Which should literally be impossible. 

I vividly remember an obvious no call when the Pats were throwing from their endzone that should’ve resulted in a safety. 

Edited by shock

On 4/6/2020 at 4:46 PM, RoddyWhite84 said:

They kind of did in 2012. They jumped out to big leads on the Seahawks and Niners in the playoffs and looked dominat but couldn't hold on.

10 hours ago, shock said:

I’m still p*ssed at the fact that the Patriots ran 101 plays on offense and weren’t called for offensive holding a single f*cking time... Which should literally be impossible. 

I vividly remember an obvious no call when the Pats were throwing from their endzone that should’ve resulted in a safety. 

Lmao.  This is a stat I did not know.