• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get this kid and move Allen to the slot.    

I’ve been saying for years. It’s just time to cut crap

Not a huge fan of Kazee but this guy saying he's a strong safety is off his rocker. Dude is just a backup with good hands. Serviceable in Cover 2. Was terrible at nickel. Glad the guy's at least

2 minutes ago, lju713 said:

You think like me. Chinn could be our nickle backer next to Debo on 3rd down. KeKe could also play that role too. We are another pass rusher and playmaker in the secondary away from being a great D.

Yeah, if Keke can return I agree you can work him and Chinn into a variety of packages. I’d almost push Keke towards a WLB instead of SS role ala THOMAS Davis. They have similar measurables and Keke has the frame to add 10-15 pounds if needed, which he may not need. He plays like a LB at what 220? They lost him as 211 but he looks bigger

2 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Whoooooa... 16 for a 5’ 9” Safety is a reach... 

He’s 203 with a 36+ vert and ran a sub 4.5 forty and his game speed is amazing. He returned kicks even. Is he a reach? I’m not so sure that he is. The draft geeks in media are often quite wrong in guys like this. Heck, Keke was considered a reach for us

57 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I’ve been saying for years. It’s just time to cut crap

My memory may be fuzzy but I seem to recall you, I, and others intermittently making comments in various threads about how we could/should upgrade from Rico for awhile now. For my part, I never understood the 'but he gets people lined up' thing, kind of always felt he was JAG. I mean, I like the story behind him busting his tail and getting a good payday and all that, but this is football, not a Pixar film or some ****.

8 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yeah, if Keke can return I agree you can work him and Chinn into a variety of packages. I’d almost push Keke towards a WLB instead of SS role ala THOMAS Davis. They have similar measurables and Keke has the frame to add 10-15 pounds if needed, which he may not need. He plays like a LB at what 220? They lost him as 211 but he looks bigger

Neal doesn’t need to put on any weight man.

He will lose what agility he has I’d play him at LBer right now at that weight he is now.

Still starting SS for me if fit enough.Tone setter we need guys like Neal,drop Rico into NB draft Winfield Jnr and we rolling.

Not many RBs are going to go through Neal he’ll cut them in half.

4 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

My memory may be fuzzy but I seem to recall you, I, and others intermittently making comments in various threads about how we could/should upgrade from Rico for awhile now. For my part, I never understood the 'but he gets people lined up' thing, kind of always felt he was JAG. I mean, I like the story behind him busting his tail and getting a good payday and all that, but this is football, not a Pixar film or some ****.

Nail on the head. Listen, I want like everyone but this is football and if we’re talking anything other than the game then it’s moot to me. I’m not a Rudy guy, I want players. 

30 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Whoooooa... 16 for a 5’ 9” Safety is a reach... 

Tyrann Mathieu is 5'9 and would've been a sure top half 1st round pick if wouldn't have had those off-field issues coming out of LSU.

Mathieu is now a 2-time 1st team All-Pro and his playmaking skills carried over from college to the NFL.

3 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Yea I'm talking late hits too. I'll have to go back and watch but I didn't remember Kazee having a lot in the regular season. Preseason I don't remember as much.

I guess my bigger point on Kazee is he seemingly is lacking in football I.Q./awareness back there. For every intercept he grabs...and god knows we need turnovers for this D to hold offenses back...he makes 3 boneheaded plays or misses his assignments in coverage.

2 hours ago, jazzyburrell said:

Or Jeremy Chinn (Great Tape)

Southern Illinois

H: 6' 3" W: 221 lbs ARMS: 32 1/8” HANDS
9 5/8”
40 Yard Dash: 4.45 BP: 20 REPS
Vertical Jump: 41.0”
Broad Jump: 138”

Chinn is my dark house. He can be Cam Chancellor like, if used right.

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Tyrann Mathieu is 5'9 and would've been a sure top half 1st round pick if wouldn't have had those off-field issues coming out of LSU.

Mathieu is now a 2-time 1st team All-Pro and his playmaking skills carried over from college to the NFL.

Mathieu was all world at LSU. I think you hit it on the head. His off field issues held him back, although being 5'9" never helps.

Winfield Jr?? don't get me wrong, I love the guy.  He does not have the papers that Mathieu had coming out of college.

51 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Mathieu was all world at LSU. I think you hit it on the head. His off field issues held him back, although being 5'9" never helps.

Winfield Jr?? don't get me wrong, I love the guy.  He does not have the papers that Mathieu had coming out of college.

Yeah I agree, but I was responding to him saying that a 5'9 tall safety isn't worthy of a mid 1st round pick.

Winfield Jr. is a big playmaker in his own right though. He would've been more noticed if he had went to an SEC school instead of Minnesota.

5 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Do you think Winfield may go quite a bit earlier than expected?

I've heard reports that he has wowed many teams and scouts. Could he be a 1st round surprise pick for a team?

I like Winfield, but he doesn’t have the range they are talking about in the video as a post safety.  He is a ballhawk...but his athleticism isn’t on the level of premier single high’s.  Delpit does have the requisite athleticism.  

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I like Winfield, but he doesn’t have the range they are talking about in the video as a FS.  He is a ballhawk...but his athleticism isn’t on the level of premier FS’s

His numbers from the few drills that he did during the combine were better than Tyrann Mathieu's.

Winfield Jr's 40 time, vert jump and broad jump were all better than Mathieu's.

I was hoping to see the other drill numbers during his pro-day, but sadly we won't ever get to.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

His numbers from the few drills that he did during the combine were better than Tyrann Mathieu's.

I was hoping to see the other drill numbers during his pro-day, but sadly we won't ever get to.

I was reading that like, what? did you actually even look at his numbers before posting this? lol

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He isn’t a tremendous athlete, but he has great instincts which I’ll take over elite athleticism

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He isn’t a tremendous athlete, but he has great instincts which I’ll take over elite athleticism

I think Winfield's athleticism may be a bit underrated because I think we have yet to see it's full potential.

No one imagined how much athleticism Julio had until after his combine, workouts, and time playing in the NFL. Julio proved to be more freakishly athletic in the NFL than he did in college.

Not saying that Winfield is anything close to that with Julio because he isn't, but just saying that we may see more of his abilities at the next level in the right situation.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think Winfield's athleticism may be a bit underrated because I think we have yet to see it's full potential.

No one imagined how much athleticism Julio had until after his combine and workouts. Julio proved to be more freakishly athletic in the NFL than he did in college.

Not saying that Winfield is anything close to that with Julio because he isn't, but just saying that we may see more of his abilities at the next level in the right situation.

You may be right.  I know he surprised with his combine time...but the tape doesn’t really scream a 4.45 guy.  Im just not sure he has the range to frequently play in a Cover 1 shell against NFL receivers.

I could be wrong, though.  But there is no doubt is instincts and IQ are off the charts

16 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

No one imagined how much athleticism Julio had until after his combine, workouts, and time playing in the NFL. Julio proved to be more freakishly athletic in the NFL than he did in college.

Julio was always a freak bro, from the moment he was born. And everyone knew it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2017/11/15/julio-jones-atlanta-falcons-alabama