• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

:munch:

Deutsche Bank has turned over Trumps bank records to SDNY in their investigation of bank and insurance fraud. The allegations are inflated property values to get loans. Whether this will result in any charges depends on what the pieces of the puzzle show. Deutsche Bank has been identified as a money launderer for Russian mob profits. Not that that has any inference to Trump necessarily although he has sold a Florida property at a ridiculously inflated price to a Russian. 

In a rant in Ohio, Trump says Biden will hurt god, the bible and religion. WUT?  This is another example of a petrified candidate. How will Biden do those things?   @WhenFalconsWin since you support this candidate, how do you think Biden fulfills these claims? The only one I can fathom would be Biden driving over a bible several times with his car.

6 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Rubio is the Dukakis of the modem Republican Party. God I hope he runs again.

He was being groomed as the Republican Obama, the direct answer to the conclusions of their 2012 autopsy,  the man that was finally going to get them that big foothold among Hispanics and save the party for the next generation

...and then Trump poured sand down his pants 

The lone dissenter in the decision was Supreme Court Chief Justice Bernette Johnson, who wrote that "the sentence imposed is excessive and disproportionate to the offense the defendant committed."

Johnson is the only female and Black person on the court. The rest of the justices are White men.

The sentence is sanctioned under the habitual offender law, Johnson noted in her dissent, meaning that Bryant's previous criminal history supports the sentence.

Bryant was convicted in 1979 for attempted armed robbery, in 1987 for possession of stolen things, attempted forgery of a check worth $150 in 1989 and for simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling in 1992, all before his 1997 arrest for the failed attempt at stealing the hedge clippers.

But Johnson also mentioned the cost associated with Bryant's sentence, writing that in his 23 years in prison, he has cost Louisiana taxpayers over $500,000. 

"If he lives another 20 years, Louisiana taxpayers will have paid almost one million dollars to punish Mr. Bryant for his failed effort to steal a set of hedge clippers," she wrote.

He has already been in jail for 23 years. Yep. Nothing like the clean, crisp smell of American freedom in the morning.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:10 PM, Big_Dog said:

I hope he takes Baron to see the beautiful park Yosemite that when reading it from notes pronounced it "yoh-say-might". And the new hurricane he pronounced "ee-siss". Can't pipe down when we have a clown.

I almost forgot another jewel . . . .   Thighland. :lol:

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The WOR's Soros' Slam Poetry Thread