Jump to content

The What young people need to do is put away their phones and start playing that stick in the hoop game from the 1920's again Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    5385

  • AF89

    3349

  • WhenFalconsWin

    3045

  • lostone

    2189

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The reason the GOP couldn't repeal Obamacare was because it wasn't unpopular.  It was actually moderately popular with the public.  Unpopular laws and policies would result in even bigger Dem losses and almost instant repeal when the GOP gets power.  

The "shove it down their throats and they'll like it eventually" assumes (without any real evidence) that the policies the left are pushing will become popular once enacted.  I could see some of them becoming more popular, but not as many as you seem to think.  

Universal Healthcare is more than "Moderately popular". Gun Control is more than "Moderately Popular". Prison Reform is more than "Moderately Popular". Decriminalization is more than "Moderately Popular".

 

The precedent shows us that when people receive a benefit, even if they didn't support it during passage, they tend to enjoy said benefit. That's documented. There's evidence to support that.

 

Again, the tried method is incremental change so as to not upset people, mostly, people on the other side of the aisle. But that's only a Democrat thing. The GOP could give 2 sh*ts about how the Dems feel about their plans. But, we're supposed to care and be mindful of their feelings...

 

Come on man...

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Two-thirds of Americans are in favor of marijuana legalization. Biden was the only Dem candidate who opposed it. Biden said last fall that he still thinks it might be a gateway drug. A few weeks ago Bernie’s people were negotiating with Biden’s people and the Biden camp drew a hard line against legalization.

I did see that. I am going to break my promise to myself and hold my nose to vote against Trump, but I have so many problems with this ticket I won’t even argue with anyone who refuses to vote or refuses to vote for them. The Dems made their own bed here, they have to sleep in it. Trying to shame people into voting for Biden/Harris (or Trump for that matter) honestly makes me despise the person.

As far as legalization goes, thankfully the mentality of opposing it is quite literally dying off. It’s absurd how many lives have been ruined by the government over marijuana. It’s far less dangerous than alcohol and far more beneficial in many ways. That’s a big issue to me. It has quite literally changed my life. I no longer have the persistent crushing anxiety I dealt with for years. And I feel like I can actually go make something more of myself again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That is annoying and disappointing however I think that is going to be his gay marriage.

Obama had a similar tone regarding same sex marriage before getting elected... despite support for it growing at the same time. Then he magically "evolved' on it.

I have a feeling that we are going to see some "evolving"

I think you are very wrong.  First, Obama's "change of heart" followed public opinion.  Public opinion is already on the side of legalization.  Second, Biden has always been a straight up hawk when it comes to the war on "drugs".   He isn't going to evolve.  The democratic party is pure ****.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Carter said:

@lostone get ready for it amigo, we are coming in dry 😂

 

3 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

According to at least 1 doctor, it is always dry. Moisture is a sign of disorder.

One of my favorite jokes in Borat was asking his assistant how his back ***** was 

image.jpeg.daeb3666415da219513071cc144b8e91.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

@WhenFalconsWin   Your guy never stops screwing people especially veterans.

The postal delays are slowing down needed medicines everywhere. :bang:   Does Trump think past his pointed nose on how he hurting people just to hinder mail in voting in blue states?  The VA alone mails out hundreds of thousands of prescriptions. What a selfish dikhed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

I think you are very wrong.  First, Obama's "change of heart" followed public opinion.  Public opinion is already on the side of legalization.  Second, Biden has always been a straight up hawk when it comes to the war on "drugs".   He isn't going to evolve.  The democratic party is pure ****.

Usually once something begins polling around 60% the Dems finally find the courage to support it. We’ve been past that for a while and steadily climbing.

I honestly don’t understand the strategy at all. Is Biden going after Mississippi’s electoral votes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

I think you are very wrong.  First, Obama's "change of heart" followed public opinion.  Public opinion is already on the side of legalization.  Second, Biden has always been a straight up hawk when it comes to the war on "drugs".   He isn't going to evolve.  The democratic party is pure ****.

He was against it while public opinion was swinging towards it.

 

By the time he came around to the idea in roughly 2012  6 or 7 states had approved of same sex marriage and there was considerable support for it in other states....then he "evolved " on it to match public opinion.

So Yeah...thank you for proving my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

He was against it while public opinion was swinging towards it.

 

By the time he came around to the idea in roughly 2012  6 or 7 states had approved of same sex marriage and there was considerable support for it in other states....then he "evolved " on it to match public opinion.

So Yeah...thank you for proving my point.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/10/obama-frustrated-same-sex-marriage-david-axelrod-book

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

"Obama’s evolution has roughly tracked public opinion. National opposition to same-sex marriage began a sharp decline after President Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act, which defined marriage as between a man and a woman, into law in 1996. A majority of the public began to favor same-sex marriage sometime between 2010 and 2011, according to analysis by FiveThirtyEight. "

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

And?

His public stance was opposition towards it 

Then he " evolved" notice how often I used the "'???

I think he personally did not care one way or the other but he....being a politician  wavered with the political winds.

If you think Biden is above that....then you are very misguided.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gay marriage didn't threaten financial interests.  Well, not in any meaningful way that I can think of, at least.  Both marijuana legalization and medicare for all do threaten all sorts of financial interests.  Call me whatever you want, but it's naive to play this "well maybe" game with people like Joe Biden, especially on this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

"Obama’s evolution has roughly tracked public opinion. National opposition to same-sex marriage began a sharp decline after President Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act, which defined marriage as between a man and a woman, into law in 1996. A majority of the public began to favor same-sex marriage sometime between 2010 and 2011, according to analysis by FiveThirtyEight. "

Obama came out in support of it ( phrasing) in 2012....which again is after 2010 and 2011.

You keep proving my point.

He publicly was against something that he changed his stance on or " evolved' as he put it  after the public support had shifted sooooooo.

*In narration voice* He in fact was not very wrong.....but he was in fact very right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Obama came out in support of it ( phrasing) in 2012....which again is after 2010 and 2011.

You keep proving my point.

He publicly was against something that he changed his stance on or " evolved' as he put it  after the public support had shifted sooooooo.

*In narration voice* He in fact was not very wrong.....but he was in fact very right.

You don't have a point.  If you did, Biden would already be supporting legalization, as would the democratic party.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

You don't have a point.  If you did, Biden would already be supporting legalization, as would the democratic party.

I think maybe he’s saying Biden supports it in his heart? 

This doesn’t seem like a great ticket for younger voter turnout.

If you want stuff like legalization, student loan forgiveness or M4A they’re straight up telling you to **** off.

I guess they’re gonna try to rock the vote with some Obama speeches on YouTube and celebrity endorsements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

You don't have a point.  If you did, Biden would already be supporting legalization, as would the democratic party.

The DNC did not adopt marriage equality until 2012..... 4 years into Obama's first term.

I do have to ask...what about Biden makes you that he would not change?

He has a pretty long track record of being for something and then against it.......and vice versa....infact that is something that has been used against him.

Now all of a sudden he is some monolithic being that says something and never stray's from it???

Yeah....sure

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

The DNC did not adopt marriage equality until 2012..... 4 years into Obama's first term.

I do have to ask...what about Biden makes you that he would not change?

He has a pretty long track record of being for something and then against it.......and vice versa....infact that is something that has been used against him.

Now all of a sudden he is some monolithic being that says something and never stray's from it???

Yeah....sure

 

 

13 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

Gay marriage didn't threaten financial interests.  Well, not in any meaningful way that I can think of, at least.  Both marijuana legalization and medicare for all do threaten all sorts of financial interests.

In addition to this you need to read the tea leaves.  The signs are everywhere.  If you want legalization or medicare for all, Joe Biden is not your guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The What young people need to do is put away their phones and start playing that stick in the hoop game from the 1920's again Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...