The What young people need to do is put away their phones and start playing that stick in the hoop game from the 1920's again Thread

37 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It honestly depends on how bad he loses....if he gets crushed then I could absolutely see many former supporters just ignore him and pretend that they did not support him....and people who are tied to his brand of extreme.

So what would that do to someone like Lindsey Graham?  That dude abandoned everything he ever believed in for trump.  I guess you could make a strong argument he never actually believed anything he said, but still one way or another he's fully betrayed himself.

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Covid, a failure to reopen up safely and in a timely manner. We self inflicted a lot of this on ourselves.  Amazingly though in spite of all this the economy is showing significant rebounds.

No, it was the failure to recognize the danger and SHUT DOWN quickly like countries that whipped the virus did. All Trump did was make idiotic statements about it. You go ahead and defend Trump's inequities. AFB recognizes your trolling and spamming that is causing some to put you on ignore or to leave ABF altogether. Wake up!

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

There will always be a swing in the opposite direction as long as the two parties are polarized.  It's baked into the system.  The majority party should only expect to have two years to pass its agenda, and the more of their agenda they pass in those two years, the stronger the swing in the opposite direction will be.  

One of the problems with rooting for Dems to lose this year is that there's zero reason to believe that the public is clambering for a far left policy agenda.  The majority of the public is fairly moderate and doesn't like extreme policies from either side.  The GOP ran face first into this political reality with their "repeal Obamacare" stuff.  There's a reason why they couldn't do it legislatively even though they had Congress and the WH.  

This idea that the public is rejecting centrist Dems BECAUSE they are centrist, and that if only the Dems would put the Squad and Bernie in charge, that the public would rally behind their agenda has always been yet another false Left Twitter narrative.  

Here's the political reality of where things are heading.  There will be a vaccine in the next year or so and the economy will start to improve.  Whoever is in charge will get credit for that recovery, whether they deserve it or not.  That means that if Trump wins this year, he and the GOP are going to be in a MUCH stronger position electorally in 2024 because they can take credit for the recovery, even if it's slow.  That doesn't mean they're a lock in 2024, but if covid is under control and the economy is better than it is now, the argument for wholesale economic changes like what the Bernie people want becomes very, very weak.

"Yeah, things are better under Republican policies, but we want POLITICAL REVOLUTION NOW!!!"

It just falls flat.  

All of this is fine and well, but it misses the core point. We're in the position we're in because we keep doing things the same way. This idea that incremental change will somehow result in a shift in policy is not whats happening in practice.

In practice, the Dems nominate a centrist. Get nothing done. GOP takes over, swings as hard right as they can. Then, Dems take over, and hold the status quo. Then, GOP takes over and moves further right.

Who cares how many elections you win if you don't get sh*t accomplished?

You can call it a left twitter narrative, but the fact of the matter is that when policies are passed, they're harder to repeal. And sometimes, you need to have the balls to actually pass something worthwhile. Imagine if Obama had actually pushed Single payer in. Do you think that the GOP would've been able to tell people "Hey, I know these guys just got you healthcare, but we're going to put it back into the hands of your employer." Not a chance. They would've ran into the same issue they have with the ACA. 

Sometimes, you have to just shove something down people's throats. Period. And they end up adopting the change. I remember when everyone lost their minds in Indiana because they made seatbelts required. Lost their minds. But, when they did, everyone went with it, deaths went down, and no one thinks twice about putting on the seatbelt anymore.

Just now, Invincible said:

If the Dems pick up that many Senate seats, they need to ram through as many structural changes as possible to ensure Republicans have a hard time recapturing Congress. 

Along with as many left policies as possible, that way the GOP spends their entire next run of power trying to repeal good things...

Just now, Big_Dog said:

No, it was the failure to recognize the danger and SHUT DOWN quickly like countries that whipped the virus did. All Trump did was make idiotic statements about it. You go ahead and defend Trump's inequities. AFB recognizes your trolling and spamming that is causing some to put you on ignore or to leave ABF altogether. Wake up!

DNC talking points, we've been over this. You and other's fail miserably at this.  When Trump closed down travel early (while DEM mayors, Governors, and the Pelosi crowd) was calling him a racist and xenophobic, telling people to go out, eat, got to the movies, all Trump was doing was sending hospital bed ships, making the largest output of PPE ever (also sending it to help other nations) racing toward a vaccine in record time, the DNC had no solutions but to hold up Congress relief. 

This will hurt you in November and you'll be sad like many other's on here. Talking points are not going to convince the people any different.

4 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

All of this is fine and well, but it misses the core point. We're in the position we're in because we keep doing things the same way. This idea that incremental change will somehow result in a shift in policy is not whats happening in practice.

In practice, the Dems nominate a centrist. Get nothing done. GOP takes over, swings as hard right as they can. Then, Dems take over, and hold the status quo. Then, GOP takes over and moves further right.

Who cares how many elections you win if you don't get sh*t accomplished?

You can call it a left twitter narrative, but the fact of the matter is that when policies are passed, they're harder to repeal. And sometimes, you need to have the balls to actually pass something worthwhile. Imagine if Obama had actually pushed Single payer in. Do you think that the GOP would've been able to tell people "Hey, I know these guys just got you healthcare, but we're going to put it back into the hands of your employer." Not a chance. They would've ran into the same issue they have with the ACA. 

Sometimes, you have to just shove something down people's throats. Period. And they end up adopting the change. I remember when everyone lost their minds in Indiana because they made seatbelts required. Lost their minds. But, when they did, everyone went with it, deaths went down, and no one thinks twice about putting on the seatbelt anymore.

The reason the GOP couldn't repeal Obamacare was because it wasn't unpopular.  It was actually moderately popular with the public.  Unpopular laws and policies would result in even bigger Dem losses and almost instant repeal when the GOP gets power.  

The "shove it down their throats and they'll like it eventually" assumes (without any real evidence) that the policies the left are pushing will become popular once enacted.  I could see some of them becoming more popular, but not as many as you seem to think.  

10 minutes ago, Invincible said:

If the Dems pick up that many Senate seats, they need to ram through as many structural changes as possible to ensure Republicans have a hard time recapturing Congress. 

They're gonna spend the better part of two years holding hearings and then bring back the individual mandate.

The president, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed released a joint statement Thursday, after the three spoke “and agreed to the full normalization of relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.” The statement said that the “diplomatic breakthrough” was at “the request of President Trump,” and that Israel will “suspend declaring sovereignty over areas outlined in the President’s Vision for Peace and focus its efforts now on expanding ties with other countries in the Arab and Muslim world.”

Israel and the UAE also said they will continue their efforts to “achieve a just, comprehensive and enduring resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”

“This historic diplomatic breakthrough will advance peace in the Middle East region and is a testament to the bold diplomacy and vision of the three leaders and the courage of the United Arab Emirates and Israel to chart a new path that will unlock the great potential in the region,” the statement read. “All three countries face many common challenges and will mutually benefit from today’s historic achievement.”

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The president, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed released a joint statement Thursday, after the three spoke “and agreed to the full normalization of relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.” The statement said that the “diplomatic breakthrough” was at “the request of President Trump,” and that Israel will “suspend declaring sovereignty over areas outlined in the President’s Vision for Peace and focus its efforts now on expanding ties with other countries in the Arab and Muslim world.”

Israel and the UAE also said they will continue their efforts to “achieve a just, comprehensive and enduring resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”

“This historic diplomatic breakthrough will advance peace in the Middle East region and is a testament to the bold diplomacy and vision of the three leaders and the courage of the United Arab Emirates and Israel to chart a new path that will unlock the great potential in the region,” the statement read. “All three countries face many common challenges and will mutually benefit from today’s historic achievement.”

I hope this is truly a positive step and not just an open cabal among three corrupt authoritarians.  

38 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I thought that maybe I was a little too hasty and should give ABF a chance.

Then I read the last 24 hrs of throat cutting of long time friends about reasons for voting for/against Biden. 

Naaa, don't try to lure me back with temporary Magic Mushroom talk only to divert back to political tug of war of picking your master. 

It’s a lot easier if you don’t give a **** about it and just pay attention to what you want to talk about. I don’t even have anyone blocked. My jimmies are thoroughly unrustled lol. We could start a whole new conversation about the progress of marijuana legalization. Did you know it has been medically legalized in Oklahoma with low restrictions? Okla freaking homa! You just need a state drivers license, proof of residence and a doctor’s sign off for a license. Meanwhile Texas is ****in laaaame with its requirements. It’s just a matter of time though.

28 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Welp looks like Dan Harmon is about to go. Glad he already gave us Community/Rick and Morty cus this is bad.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Apparently it's an old video.  I didn't watch it and don't want to.

Eh... I'm actually having trouble caring, I thought I was gonna learn he stalked some 17 year olds or something.

A trash comedy sketch....? Im all for ctiticizing bad art and if thats a line for you i dont blame you but thats pretty loose with the label confirmed pedo.

17 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s a lot easier if you don’t give a **** about it and just pay attention to what you want to talk about. I don’t even have anyone blocked. My jimmies are thoroughly unrustled lol. We could start a whole new conversation about the progress of marijuana legalization. Did you know it has been medically legalized in Oklahoma with low restrictions? Okla freaking homa! You just need a state drivers license, proof of residence and a doctor’s sign off for a license. Meanwhile Texas is ****in laaaame with its requirements. It’s just a matter of time though.

Two-thirds of Americans are in favor of marijuana legalization. Biden was the only Dem candidate who opposed it. Biden said last fall that he still thinks it might be a gateway drug. A few weeks ago Bernie’s people were negotiating with Biden’s people and the Biden camp drew a hard line against legalization.

4 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Two-thirds of Americans are in favor of marijuana legalization. Biden was the only Dem candidate who opposed it. Biden said last fall that he still thinks it might be a gateway drug. A few weeks ago Bernie’s people were negotiating with Biden’s people and the Biden camp drew a hard line against legalization.

That is annoying and disappointing however I think that is going to be his gay marriage.

Obama had a similar tone regarding same sex marriage before getting elected... despite support for it growing at the same time. Then he magically "evolved' on it.

I have a feeling that we are going to see some "evolving"

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The What young people need to do is put away their phones and start playing that stick in the hoop game from the 1920's again Thread