The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread

20 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

More on here don't G.AF about your posts then mine. 

My likes say you're wrong, Grampie. Fading Joe and Hunter Biden's corrupting is leaking into the public more and more. The little Dutch boy's finger is not going to hold the deluge much longer. The Trump Landslide is imminent. Cannot wait to see how you'll handle the next 4 years...I typed that with a little smirk on my (for being right again) face, numbnuts. 

• Replies 64.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

I know this is the political thread, but maybe I can say that this is an allegory of sorts for our political situation...

So... I woke up Sunday and watched the Eifel GP (gotten pretty heavy into F1 since Covid). Race was over at like 9:15am, football starts at 10am (Phoenix). Had to run to the store so I could make dinner for the fam and inlaws, just needed to pick up a few things.

Hopped in the 'ol WRX, started her up, dash lit up like Christmas lights. Check engine light flashing, cruise control flashing, fuel gauge on empty, etc. I know for a fact that I had at least a half a tank (work from home, don't drive much, only about 4k a year). Decided that I didn't have time to check it out, shut off the car, took the wife's Ascent.

Monday, I decided to find the issue. Pulled the code, it was a Fuel Level Sensor code. Pulled the back seat out, pulled off the panel for the first sensor on the fuel tank. Found this...

mrqk9lgyc2t51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Pack Rat had made a nest on top of the fuel tank. Chewed right through the wiring...

f6qkkuiyc2t51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&av5ey8tmyc2t51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

So, I went about fixing it, since buying the replacement means stripping the car to the frame, and frankly, I have the skills to repair. While I was in there, I cleaned up, and dropped a few chunks of poison in. I typically avoid it, since relay toxicity is a thing, but I figured he would eat it, and die on top of the tank.

Next day, I walked out and the little ******* was standing behind the car, obviously feeling some "effects". Whacked him in the head, scooped him up, threw him in the Bin. Which is good, since now, secondary poisoning isn't a concern.

2er0x5uyc2t51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a805l60xyc2t51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I guess the moral of the story is, you can only **** up for so long before someone comes and "whacks you in the head".

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

Early voting started Tuesday here in Texas. Both days of early voting so far in Houston have been wildly busy.

Also...

This despite many voting centers being hog tied by Texas GOP policies and machines mysteriously breaking. 

If my math is correct, around 19% of Texas voters have already voted.  

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/TX.html

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Donald Trump may end up being the most successful "get out the vote" campaign in American history. 

For sure. I don't like Biden very much, and I certainly don't like Harris, but my vote was cast and counted.

It had nothing to do with them, had everything to do with the idiots driving around with Trump 2020 flags on their trucks...

I’ve been talking to a former student who is working field operations for Biden and Dems and she told me something very interesting — because so many Dems are voting early, they are working down to low-propensity voters that they normally wouldn’t even contact.

These are voters that they think would vote Biden and Dem, but usually don’t show up.  To get them to turnout, the parties need to invest a lot of time and money contacting them.  So in a normal election, they’re not worth that expense when there are higher-propensity voters to contact.  

But now that so many Dem’s have voted early, there’s no reason to contact them and Biden/Dems are focusing on a pool of voters that wouldn’t normally be contacted.

All of that is to say that for all the punditry about polls being off in Trump’s favor, it’s equally possible they are off in Biden’s favor because the Dems are going deeper into their voter pool while the GOP — because more Rep voters are waiting to vote on Election Day — is having to spend more money and time just to get their regular base voters to the polls this year.  

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

For sure. I don't like Biden very much, and I certainly don't like Harris, but my vote was cast and counted.

It had nothing to do with them, had everything to do with the idiots driving around with Trump 2020 flags on their trucks...

I've never voted for a Democrat presidential candidate in my life, but Trump got me to vote for Joe Biden’s garbge ***.

Just now, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

For sure. It's always some dumb hillbilly with a lifted truck and a flag pole hanging from the hitch.

Oh, and the stands on the side of the road selling trump flags. **** them too...

Yes, and **** packrats!

When I lived in AZ we had one in the roof of our external garage.

I would put out poison.... and a couple of days later there would be a smell... and a few days later flies.... then peace.

Then several months later..... I would hear another one in the roof then repeat....

I imagine there are quite a few rat graveyards in houses in AZ. 

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes, and **** packrats!

When I lived in AZ we had one in the roof of our external garage.

I would put out poison.... and a couple of days later there would be a smell... and a few days later flies.... then peace.

Then several months later..... I would hear another one in the roof then repeat....

I imagine there are quite a few rat graveyards in houses in AZ. 

They're everywhere. I hate them.

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I would respect them more if they simply said, "Look, many of you are as addicted to the Trump circus as we are, and we know you're going to watch"

It's kinda like when Trump fired Comey out of fairness to Hillary. "Fairness" just means he intends to play dumb about any of the broader implications of what he's doing.

40 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’ve been talking to a former student who is working field operations for Biden and Dems and she told me something very interesting — because so many Dems are voting early, they are working down to low-propensity voters that they normally wouldn’t even contact.

These are voters that they think would vote Biden and Dem, but usually don’t show up.  To get them to turnout, the parties need to invest a lot of time and money contacting them.  So in a normal election, they’re not worth that expense when there are higher-propensity voters to contact.  

But now that so many Dem’s have voted early, there’s no reason to contact them and Biden/Dems are focusing on a pool of voters that wouldn’t normally be contacted.

All of that is to say that for all the punditry about polls being off in Trump’s favor, it’s equally possible they are off in Biden’s favor because the Dems are going deeper into their voter pool while the GOP — because more Rep voters are waiting to vote on Election Day — is having to spend more money and time just to get their regular base voters to the polls this year.  

I can tell you that the Democrats here in az are being very proactive.

We have had a couple people come by and call to confirm that we are voting.

It is slightly annoying but I get the urgency.

This did not happen in 16.... atleast not for the national campaign. I talked to one of the local democratic candidates who ultimately failed to win but we never had anyone ask about Hillary.....they are asking about Biden and Harris.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I can tell you that the Democrats here in az are being very proactive.

We have had a couple people come by and call to confirm that we are voting.

It is slightly annoying but I get the urgency.

This did not happen in 16.... atleast not for the national campaign. I talked to one of the local democratic candidates who ultimately failed to win but we never had anyone ask about Hillary.....they are asking about Biden and Harris.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Point being....Bidens ground game atleast from my perspective is vastly ....vastly better than Hilldawgs.

Sure, and I’m not disagreeing with any of that.  

My point goes a little deeper, though.  You got contacted about voting.  Once you vote, they take you off their list and no longer contact you.  That frees them up to go contact other voters.  Dems are banking huge votes early and are spending the rest of their time and money targeting voters who don’t often vote, but would vote Biden/Dems if they did.

Meanwhile, Rep voters are waiting to vote later or even on Election Day.  That forces the GOP to keep contacting their base voters, making their turnout more expensive and less efficient.   

1 minute ago, Corn Tooth said:

jfc man

I'll be watching neither but I think having them on at the same time actually helps Biden.

More people are going to tune in to watch the train wreck that is No empathy Trump in a town hall saying how he can relate to everyone because he was treated with experimental drugs given in a combination where he may have been the only person on the planet to receive.

With Biden there's a good chance he may flub answers and not look good in general. However people aren't going to see that because there going to be watching Trump and reacting to anything inflammatory he has to say in real time.

Meanwhile Biden will be working in the cover of darkness.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread