• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, marla_mulder said:

Speaking of hate, Olbermann and his crowd think Trump, his "enablers," his supporters need to be removed from society.

I'm also not sure why we're prosecuting ACB, but whatever...

So you’re not going to vote for a side that advocates prosecuting political opponents, right?  Because that’s wrong and you can’t support people who do that, right?

“DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, THE BIGGEST OF ALL POLITICAL SCANDALS (IN HISTORY)!!! BIDEN, OBAMA AND CROOKED HILLARY LED THIS TREASONOUS PLOT!!! BIDEN SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED TO RUN - GOT CAUGHT!!!” Trump tweeted.

Also, “lock her up!”

And furthermore, Keith Olbermann is a know-nothing loud mouth who should be shunned by all decent people.  I don’t plan to give him my vote for president or any other elected office.  

59 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Thanks for the response and I largely agree. I don't think Obama's getting into any trouble, legally. I just want to know the truth, and it grinds my gears that I've spent a lot of time reading documents and learning a lot of details for some ppl to act like I just made it up or that these aren't reasonable questions.

I think we need a lot more transparency in government. We let them hide too much for "national security" reasons. 

Too bad about Covid-19, or we could have spent literally every single day of 2020 listening to Trump complain about it.

46 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think I pissed off my teacher in this virtualization class lol.

The class is completely online... and by that I mean we have an online workbook with reading and quizzes to work through, some Youtube videos that he posts (made by other people like Eli the Computer Guy or foreigners with thick accents filling out forms for their address in India or smsht), then some lab assignments where we use VirtualBox or VMware to create VMs and configure them or configure a network for them. Completed all that. Now for these last few weeks worth of assignments it's just AWS stuff and we have to take screenshots of each step as we go through completing stuff. Except he's not posting explicit instructions or anything like that. I've *never* used AWS for anything. I mean I will, I'm going into security, but right now I have no idea what I'm doing and this course is providing zero instruction lol.

I messaged him telling him it's easy enough to figure most of this stuff out on my own or googling tutorials but I don't know how he is going to grade it since we don't get any lecture, instruction, or even a rubric. Said I don't know what I'm even paying for if all this course consists of is an online workbook and Youtube videos.

🤔

I'm actually super ticked off though. I stress over completing this **** because I want to learn it and get good grades and start working again asap.

IT work is just learning how to Google anyway lol

It was probably the right move to investigate Trump specifically. I mean a pretend real-estate mogul/reality TV star who owes an ungodly amount of money to Deutsche Bank because no one else will lend him money, suddenly decides Vladimir Putin's awesome and Obama wasn't born in America? Trump people can pretend that's not suspicious as **** now, but if you never looked into him, how would you ever know that it wasn't what it looked like?

57 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think I pissed off my teacher in this virtualization class lol.

The class is completely online... and by that I mean we have an online workbook with reading and quizzes to work through, some Youtube videos that he posts (made by other people like Eli the Computer Guy or foreigners with thick accents filling out forms for their address in India or smsht), then some lab assignments where we use VirtualBox or VMware to create VMs and configure them or configure a network for them. Completed all that. Now for these last few weeks worth of assignments it's just AWS stuff and we have to take screenshots of each step as we go through completing stuff. Except he's not posting explicit instructions or anything like that. I've *never* used AWS for anything. I mean I will, I'm going into security, but right now I have no idea what I'm doing and this course is providing zero instruction lol.

I messaged him telling him it's easy enough to figure most of this stuff out on my own or googling tutorials but I don't know how he is going to grade it since we don't get any lecture, instruction, or even a rubric. Said I don't know what I'm even paying for if all this course consists of is an online workbook and Youtube videos.

🤔

I'm actually super ticked off though. I stress over completing this **** because I want to learn it and get good grades and start working again asap.

Yeah... you just need a piece of paper to say you took some courses and passed some tests.  Google YouTube and learning the right buzzwords.  

so I am transitioning to manage a new team.  I am supposed to help improve their quality and they told me they have good code coverage.  I looked at their test suite... should just delete all that code.  Every single test provides no value outside of getting coverage.  It is going to take a ton of work for me to pull them out of this hole.  So many bad coding practices...

I am anal retentive about code...

31 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So you’re not going to vote for a side that advocates prosecuting political opponents, right?  Because that’s wrong and you can’t support people who do that, right?

“DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, THE BIGGEST OF ALL POLITICAL SCANDALS (IN HISTORY)!!! BIDEN, OBAMA AND CROOKED HILLARY LED THIS TREASONOUS PLOT!!! BIDEN SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED TO RUN - GOT CAUGHT!!!” Trump tweeted.

Also, “lock her up!”

And furthermore, Keith Olbermann is a know-nothing loud mouth who should be shunned by all decent people.  I don’t plan to give him my vote for president or any other elected office.  

Prosecuting political opponents? Lol...that ship sailed with Spygate because that's exactly what they set out to do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/10-americans-struggle-cover-400-emergency-expense-federal/story%3fid=63253846

40% of Americans don't have $400 in the bank for emergencies. The "We have to save our Democracy" arguments fall short because a lot of people don't have much to save. They aren't looking for a return to normal because normal wasn't working. Arguments tying this and this and this together and piecing some complex web together to prove this or that.....it's just not effective because they just don't care. Hard to care about that kinda stuff when you're just trying to survive day to day in the richest country to ever exist in history. Same **** with the Trump was spied on argument.

Trump spoke to some of those people who felt forgotten in a way that most politicians can't. It was a con and he betrayed them and has continued to betray them. Where I draw the line when it comes to talking about Trump supporters nowadays though....there are just the normal folks who don't really get into politics and dive in like we do and then there are the freaks on the right who are like us and I have completely different opinions of those two groups.

The "Trump is the real victim" arguments and the "You have to vote for Biden because Trump is horrible" arguments after this many years of this **** is just depressing.

I'll probably vote for Biden but I wholeheartedly believe I'll be in the same position in 2024 as far as hating whatever candidate the Dems kick up. I'm not gonna be a Susan Collins type character and think "Well I think the Dems learned their lesson" because I've been shown that they have not by who is on the ballot. It took a historic pandemic, 200,000+ dead Americans, and a recession for them to even be near winning the White House in 2020 and we all know it.

11 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Prosecuting political opponents? Lol...that ship sailed with Spygate because that's exactly what they set out to do.

Not sure which of the many, many Trump associates you’re talking about, but the government proved in a court of law that these people committed serious felonies.  

What crime did Obama commit?

Just now, Jdrizzle said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/10-americans-struggle-cover-400-emergency-expense-federal/story%3fid=63253846

40% of Americans don't have $400 in the bank for emergencies. The "We have to save our Democracy" arguments fall short because a lot of people don't have much to save. They aren't looking for a return to normal because normal wasn't working. Arguments tying this and this and this together and piecing some complex web together to prove this or that.....it's just not effective because they just don't care. Hard to care about that kinda stuff when you're just trying to survive day to day in the richest country to ever exist in history. Same **** with the Trump was spied on argument.

Trump spoke to some of those people who felt forgotten in a way that most politicians can't. It was a con and he betrayed them and has continued to betray them. Where I draw the line when it comes to talking about Trump supporters nowadays though....there are just the normal folks who don't really get into politics and dive in like we do and then there are the freaks on the right who are like us and I have completely different opinions of those two groups.

The "Trump is the real victim" arguments and the "You have to vote for Biden because Trump is horrible" arguments after this many years of this **** is just depressing.

I'll probably vote for Biden but I wholeheartedly believe I'll be in the same position in 2024 as far as hating whatever candidate the Dems kick up. I'm not gonna be a Susan Collins type character and think "Well I think the Dems learned their lesson" because I've been shown that they have not by who is on the ballot. It took a historic pandemic, 200,000+ dead Americans, and a recession for them to even be near winning the White House in 2020 and we all know it.

**** the Democrats. **** the Republicans. Only hope at this point is the Reagan era ***** Democrats die off and are replaced by actual leftist Dems with spines before Republicans turn this country into authoritarian-*** Russia II: Electric Boogaloo.

25 minutes ago, Fire Q said:

IT work is just learning how to Google anyway lol

13 minutes ago, lostone said:

Yeah... you just need a piece of paper to say you took some courses and passed some tests.  Google YouTube and learning the right buzzwords.  

so I am transitioning to manage a new team.  I am supposed to help improve their quality and they told me they have good code coverage.  I looked at their test suite... should just delete all that code.  Every single test provides no value outside of getting coverage.  It is going to take a ton of work for me to pull them out of this hole.  So many bad coding practices...

I am anal retentive about code...

Yeah I'm picking up on this "google it" mentality lol

It's just maddening. He's posting Youtube videos for our instructions on how to do this or that. The videos are always 5-10 years old and don't reflect the way these apps or services look now AT ALL and he wants us to take screenshots as we go through setting everything up.... and you just can't go by the videos for anything more than maybe some guidance on the general process.

If this is the common mentality IT operates with I'm going to looooooose my miiiiiiind with people who think like this. I'm all about learning and gaining proficiency. But the bags will help me get over it I'm sure.

Also with income inequality being where it is in America nowadays somebody who identifies as  socially liberal and fiscally conservative........I mean that's just obnoxious to me. That's a Republican with pretty window dressing.....I really care about those causes and people  that only represent a small percentage of the population but the 40% of Americans who can't afford a $400 dollar emergency which coincidentally also includes a significant amount of the population I claim to care so much about.......boot straps.....pull up.

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah I'm picking up on this "google it" mentality lol

It's just maddening. He's posting Youtube videos for our instructions on how to do this or that. The videos are always 5-10 years old and don't reflect the way these apps or services look now AT ALL and he wants us to take screenshots as we go through setting everything up.... and you just can't go by the videos for anything more than maybe some guidance on the general process.

If this is the common mentality IT operates with I'm going to looooooose my miiiiiiind with people who think like this. I'm all about learning and gaining proficiency. But the bags will help me get over it I'm sure.

I told you, you can be mediocre and still make bank.  That guy found some stuff and doesn’t even have to try and is teaching.  Learn how to read logs and also when you run into something that doesn’t quite work, the pain of learning the fix will propel you as well.  Pain is my greatest teacher.  I can’t wait for you to start posting programming humor memes!

3 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Also with income inequality being where it is in America nowadays somebody who identifies as  socially liberal and fiscally conservative........I mean that's just obnoxious to me. That's a Republican with pretty window dressing.....I really care about those causes and people  that only represent a small percentage of the population but the 40% of Americans who can't afford a $400 dollar emergency which coincidentally also includes a significant amount of the population I claim to care so much about.......boot straps.....pull up.

Yeah... I am only personally fiscally conservative.  At the macro, I’m a lefty.  If we don’t tax the crap out of rich people and address our societal needs, we are in for a world of hurt.  I laugh at school choice.  That is barely a fix for the ultimate problem of underpaid overworked teachers.  Don’t know how people in the middle of nowhere are gonna pay for school with bootstraps when there is barely any business in the area

11 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Also with income inequality being where it is in America nowadays somebody who identifies as  socially liberal and fiscally conservative........I mean that's just obnoxious to me. That's a Republican with pretty window dressing.....I really care about those causes and people  that only represent a small percentage of the population but the 40% who can't afford a $400 dollar emergency which coincidentally also includes a significant amount of the population I claim to care so much about.......boot straps.....pull up.

986.jpg

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread