The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread

1 hour ago, Corn Pop said:

You said in the year of our lord two thousand and seventeen that you wanted to belong to a party that espoused Mitt’s economic policies, not Bernie’s. 

Your values speak for themselves.

Values? My values regarding fiscal policy are closer to Mitt Romney‘s than Bernie’s. That’s all.  That means pretty much in line with people like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and probably Hillary Clinton as well.  I’m sorry that makes me a bad person in your mind. But I’m not going to apologize for being a social liberal fiscal moderate. And if Republicans were the party that reflected that ideology and the Democrats were the party that reflected a more extreme leftist fiscal policy, then, yes, then I would be a Republican.   So, that is exactly the extent to whiwould rather be in Mitt Romney’s party and Bernie Sanders party
But obviously, that is not the Republican party. 

but here’s the thing, if you want to talk about values: You are a person who would rather see Donald Trump re-elected  than  a moderate Democrat. So tell me what the **** that says but your values?

• Replies 64.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

@Gritzblitz 2.0 I forgot about Buffalo’s, which shared the gross lake with Player’s Club. The food was indistinguishable from like an Applebee’s so it was easy to forget.

Also could you tell me how long the original wooden Zaxby’s lasted that was on blocks in front of the parking lot near the Cloud 9 shopping center?

nk4qmO5.gif

😔

2 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 I forgot about Buffalo’s, which shared the gross lake with Player’s Club. The food was indistinguishable from like an Applebee’s so it was easy to forget.

Also could you tell me how long the original wooden Zaxby’s lasted that was on blocks in front of the parking lot near the Cloud 9 shopping center?

nk4qmO5.gif

😔

I want to say they closed that in 96/97. It was also called Zaxx's at the time.

And when they went to new location the sauce was different.

11 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Values? My values regarding fiscal policy are closer to Mitt Romney‘s than Bernie’s. That’s all.  That means pretty much in line with people like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and probably Hillary Clinton as well.  I’m sorry that makes me a bad person in your mind. But I’m not going to apologize for being a social liberal fiscal moderate. And if Republicans were the party that reflected that ideology and the Democrats were the party that reflected a more extreme leftist fiscal policy, then, yes, then I would be a Republican.   So, that is exactly the extent to whiwould rather be in Mitt Romney’s party and Bernie Sanders party
But obviously, that is not the Republican party. 

but here’s the thing, if you want to talk about values: You are a person who would rather see Donald Trump re-elected  than  a moderate Democrat. So tell me what the **** that says but your values?

So just to be clear, when you tell us to “all come together,” it exclusively means all come together so long as your vision of the party is the one that is represented. You absolutely would not “all come together” to support my vision of the party.

4 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

So just to be clear, when you tell us to “all come together,” it exclusively means all come together so long as your vision of the party is the one that is represented. You absolutely would not “all come together” to support my vision of the party.

And welcome to four hours ago. That is absolutely not true.  
For ****s sake: some of you guys come here and **** post every day on Joe Biden. I swear to God I would not be doing that if Bernie was the nominee. I swear to God I would be supporting him 100% If he was the nominee  

So please apologize for that level of slander.

7 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

On 10/5/2020 at 10:09 PM, Carter said:

They don't want your lip, they just want your vote. Get in line, peasant.

tenor.gif

I mean, the fact that “moderates,” would gladly vote Republican if they don’t get what they want from the Democrats is pretty much why the Democrats cater to them. When the leftists try to exert the same power, to make it clear that they won’t vote for the Democrats if they don’t get their vision, they are castigated by everyone. No one shames the moderates. The fact is, the only way to get what you want is to let them know you will withhold your vote.

3 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

For ****s sake: some of you guys come here and **** post every day on Joe Biden. I swear to God I would not be doing that if Bernie was the nominee. I swear to God I would be supporting him 100% If he was the nominee  

Unless there was a different Republican running, in which case you very well might vote for them. But me criticizing Biden, while still admitting I am voting for him… Well that’s just beyond the pale.

2 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I mean, the fact that “moderates,” would gladly vote Republican if they don’t get what they want from the Democrats is pretty much why the Democrats cater to them. When the leftists try to exert the same power, to make it clear that they won’t vote for the Democrats if they don’t get their vision, they are castigated by everyone. No one shames the moderates. The fact is, the only way to get what you want is to let them know you will withhold your vote.

There’s a lot of projection in this post.

HM said outright that he would be 100% supporting Bernie Sanders if he won the nomination.  You have Bernie Bro’s here, on the other hand, actively rooting and promoting four more years of Trump because Bernie lost.

So who is the purist who is taking their ball and going home if they don’t get what they want from the Democrats?

Just now, The Monarch said:

Unless there was a different Republican running, in which case you very well might vote for them. But me criticizing Biden, while still admitting I am voting for him… Well that’s just beyond the pale.

You realize he (and I) are talking a lot more about people like Corn Pop who are voting “straight 3rd party ticket” and rooting for Trump to win because Dems didn’t select Bernie?

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

HM said outright that he would be 100% supporting Bernie Sanders if he won the nomination.  You have Bernie Bro’s here, on the other hand, actively rooting and promoting four more years of Trump because Bernie lost.

So who is the purist who is taking their ball and going home if they don’t get what they want from the Democrats?

He also 100% said he would vote for mitt Romney if the Democratic Party supported my economic position. That’s not ******* projection.

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Moderates, it appears. Unless they get exactly what they want from the Democratic Party, and there just happens to be a lunatic fascist on the other side

Just now, The Monarch said:

Moderates, it appears. Unless they get exactly what they want from the Democratic Party, and they’re just happens to be a lunatic fascist on the other side

You might want to look around the ABF members and take note of who ACTUALLY voted for Romney in 2012.  You might be surprised that it wasn’t me or HM.  

24 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

nk4qmO5.gif

😔

It lasted until about '98 I think. They built a new one right next to that location a few years back. 

That whole plaza is desolate now. Wild Wings/Retrievers is now closed. Mellow Mushroom is now behind the hospital. Wooden Nickel is gone. Even Henry's haircuts is gone. 

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You realize he (and I) are talking a lot more about people like Corn Pop who are voting “straight 3rd party ticket” and rooting for Trump to win because Dems didn’t select Bernie?

First of all, I one hundred percent respect BO’s positions, though his actual positions, not your straw man versions of them. I believe he has principles, and I don’t hold it against him that I don’t subscribe to the exact same principles

4 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Bernie Sanders getting elected wouldn't be anything like Bernie getting the policies he wants put in place. He wouldn't have gotten the vast majority of what he wanted because he'd be dealing with all Republicans and the many Democrats that don't support his policies or his vision.

11 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

He also 100% said he would vote for mitt Romney if the Democratic Party supported my economic position. That’s not ******* projection.

But Romney is not the opposition, Donald Trump is. And that makes all the difference. 

I can’t keep track Of who is voting for Joe Biden and who’s voting  third-party, but if you were the former, then you understand that.

if it makes any difference, At this  point because of what Republicans have done with the Supreme Court, if the election were held today, I would vote for Bernie over Mitt.  
so there@serge

Did @Sponge leave the board after the latest Falcons debacle?

Anyway back during a stretch in 2003-2004 I mainly dealt with this one guy who always only had this one strain, which had a really distinctive taste that I hadn't experienced at all in the intervening years, until last week when I copped something called Blue Skittles that immediately transported my mental plane back to W's first term, and a simpler time of crunk music, the Chappelle Show, and lowrise jeans.

tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo2_r1_250.gif tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo1_250.gif

tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo4_250.gif tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo3_250.gif

tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo5_500.gif

Just now, Corn Pop said:

Did @Sponge leave the board after the latest Falcons debacle?

Anyway back during a stretch in 2003-2004 I mainly dealt with this one guy who always only had this one strain, which had a really distinctive taste that I hadn't experienced at all in the intervening years, until last week when I copped something called Blue Skittles that immediately transported my mental plane back to W's first term, and a simpler time of crunk music, the Chappelle Show, and lowrise jeans.

tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo2_r1_250.gif tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo1_250.gif

tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo4_250.gif tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo3_250.gif

tumblr_mhpir2vuxl1qg0lbvo5_500.gif

I've read the first two volumes and I'll need to read them again to get back at it, which will not be this year because it is very hard and this has been a rough year.

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s a fine quote but using it for the current situation is a false equivalency.

Do you really believe that Biden is as dangerous to our democracy as Trump and the GOP?  

You know you turn people off trying to tell them what they should think or react to, but I'll bite.....

The answer is NO, but something is really suspect about all the former GOP'ers supporting him, and I fully expect him to **** on black people to appease those same GOP'ers once elected.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread