• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Carter said:

I wonder what the story would be if it were BLM activists or Antifa people discovered to be plotting to kidnap and murder a governor instead of some white good ol boy Trump supporters.

:rolleyes:

You realize that those people were anti-Trump anarchists, right? I can post a video of one of them calling him a tyrant with an anarchist flag in the background. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

@marla_mulder I'm not sure how long you've been reading here without posting, but I hope you didn't read any of my vasectomy posts.  I didn't think we had any female posters here for some time until @BamaBirdLady showed up earlier this year.

Lol nah, you're good. I honestly don't stop in to read a whole lot...

56 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Lots of folks claim to have been liberal when they were young, but got conservative as they got older, got a job/mortgage/kids/paid taxes. As I've gotten older, I've tried to develop more empathy for my fellow man, and the policies championed by folks like Bernie would do a tremendous amount of good for a lot of people. The status-quo has been broken for quite some time. My mom and grandma haven't been able to afford their diabetes medicine under Trump, and they still won't be able to no matter if Trump or Biden wins.

I wasn't really commenting on the validity of those political views...just ironic how things have evolved over time is all.

I don't hate folks for their political views...as long as folks are nice to me, I'll be nice to them all day long regardless of their views. 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:30 PM, Corn Pop said:

I’m in Georgia's 1st congressional district and the Republican incumbent is a shoo-in but there’s gonna be a runoff on the Dem side between a middle aged Bernie Bro lady and an old centrist black lady. Getting to vote for the Bernie Bro lady would be literally the only thing I could feel good about on a local, state or national level.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:30 PM, Corn Pop said:

I think we sometimes focus too much on our individual votes. Votes are cheap; let's talk about putting our money where our mouth is.

I've donated to AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Bernie, and Lisa Ring (the former co-chair of Georgia's Bernie delegation who is in a primary runoff in my and @Gritzblitz 2.0's congressional district, which a Democrat has no chance in **** of winning).

I remember @Jdrizzle donated to Bernie (😄) and Mayor PP Butt (😒).

I'm sure HM has already attended some sort of virtual white wine spritzer fundraising event for Ossoff. 

How bout the rest of you guys?

@Mr. Hoopah! the old centrist black lady who defeated the middle aged Bernie Bro white lady in my district is currently under fire for misrepresenting her past legal career, and her disbarment in particular 😒

27 minutes ago, Carter said:

I just keep thinking about how so many black folks have been oppressed and actively had their rights violated for generations... couldn’t vote, couldn’t go to restaurants, had to ride on the back of the bus, go to different schools, couldn’t buy a house, had their businesses and churches burned to the ground, endlessly on and on. But some white folks lose their jobs like everyone else, can’t go to Dave & Busters like everyone else, are told to wear a mask for public health reasons like everyone else and they lose their ******* minds.

This country is so broken and I can’t help but come to the conclusion that our refusal to reckon with our past makes repeating it inevitable. 

^^^^Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach Carter!!!

I need one GOP to explain how cutting taxes and giving more money to billionaires is going to help the school system?  Or how it’s going to generate opportunities.  Because the taxes have been cut dramatically for the past 40 years and it hasn’t trickled down to us.  Or how cutting taxes will revitalize the neighborhood magically 

I’m fine with adding mustard to potato salad but I don’t abide boiled eggs, ever, in any form. Not even on Easter 🤢

Also when I was giving grocery recommendations a while ago I meant to tell you guys to switch to fa!rlife milk. It’s ultra-filtered, so the bottle I bought yesterday has an expiration date of 12/25/20. Also they make the tastiest chocolate milk I’ve ever had.

Fairlife-for-web.png?1488205846

12 minutes ago, lostone said:

If I invited @Mr. Hoopah!to the cookout, he would bring the raisins in the potato salad and I would get kicked out

Who the **** puts raisins in potato salad?

4 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

How you gonna make potato salad without mayonnaise?

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Sometimes I make german potato salad that has no mayo....it is basically  red skinned potatoes in a bacon vinaigrette with some mustard and brown sugar as the base

German style without mayonnaise is good (that was really ******* hard to type), but my favorite potato salad is the simple kind my MIL in makes, it's served warm, uses red potatoes, mayo, German stone ground mustard, and bacon.

Sound like anyone we know . . . especially in the last week or so?

Dexamethasone

Side Effects

Drug information provided by: IBM Micromedex

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

More common

1. Aggression
  2. agitation
  3. anxiety
  4. blurred vision
  5. decrease in the amount of urine
  6. dizziness
  7. fast, slow, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
  8. headache
  9. irritability
  10. mental depression
  11. mood changes
  12. nervousness
  13. noisy, rattling breathing
  14. numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
  15. pounding in the ears
  16. swelling of the fingers, hands, feet, or lower legs
  17. trouble thinking, speaking, or walking
  18. troubled breathing at rest
  19. weight gain

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Who the **** puts raisins in potato salad?

German style without mayonnaise is good (that was really ******* hard to type), but my favorite potato salad is the simple kind my MIL in makes, it's served warm, uses red potatoes, mayo, German stone ground mustard, and bacon.

White people!

(these are the tales we tell about y’all’s potato salad)

2 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Sound like anyone we know . . . especially in the last week or so?

Dexamethasone

Side Effects

Drug information provided by: IBM Micromedex

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

More common

1. weight gain

He's going to get even fatter, folks.  Buckle up.

4 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I’m fine with adding mustard to potato salad but I don’t abide boiled eggs, ever, in any form. Not even on Easter 🤢

Also when I was giving grocery recommendations a while ago I meant to tell you guys to switch to fa!rlife milk. It’s ultra-filtered, so the bottle I bought yesterday has an expiration date of 12/25/20. Also they make the tastiest chocolate milk I’ve ever had.

Fairlife-for-web.png?1488205846

I've shared it several times, but the megathreads keep getting deleted so I can't find the post. A wrestling/baseball coach at my high school told us in "health" class one day that he didn't know for a long time that kidney stones were made of calcium deposits, and that he had not had a glass of milk since age 26.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Actually, he called people “communists” and said that Obama was a “Stalinist”.  He also said he wanted to “anger bang” Obama’s then-underage daughters.

He’s not a person you should be supporting.

I wasn't supporting him. I certainly didn't say anything about Obama's daughters.

I mentioned something very specific.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread