The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread

23 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

19 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Eat f***ing ****

Two thoughts:

First, he just handed Dems a powerful talking point to use against GOP candidates down ballot, especially in the Senate — Republicans care more about hypocritically ramming a SCOTUS nominee through than they do helping working class Americans struggling economically because of the pandemic that Trump and his GOP cronies have downplayed and ignored.

Second, it almost seems like Trump knows he’s going to lose and is just trying to inflict maximum damage on the country so he can later blame Dems for not fixing his mess quickly enough.  

• Replies 64.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Two thoughts:

First, he just handed Dems a powerful talking point to use against GOP candidates down ballot, especially in the Senate — Republicans care more about hypocritically ramming a SCOTUS nominee through than they do helping working class Americans struggling economically because of the pandemic that Trump and his GOP cronies have downplayed and ignored.

Second, it almost seems like Trump knows he’s going to lose and is just trying to inflict maximum damage on the country so he can later blame Dems for not fixing his mess quickly enough.  

I believe they call this the scorched Earth approach

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Two thoughts:

And the GOP is going to ride that cow right down the hole with him.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Is Trump actively trying to throw the election?

He already know he isn’t winning straight up, he is hoping he can steal it with the court to stay out of Prison. 

He doesn’t give a good got d@mn about what it does to the GOP or the citizens of this nation. INCLUDING his own Trump’ettes.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The RIP Edward Lodewijk Van Halen Thread

There is no guitarist in the last 43 years, famous or unknown, prodigy or hack, who hasn't lifted something from Edward Van Halen.  If you asked me to name the three most influential guitarists of the rock and roll era, it would be Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, and Eddie Van Halen.

And if you pressed me to the wall, I'd admit Eddie is by far the most influential of those three, because he took the guitar to places no one thought it could go.  One could argue Jimi did the same, but in the end, he was still playing the guitar as a guitar, and like a guitar.  He picked with his teeth and behind his head and behind his back, but it was still plucking strings and fretting notes.  Jimi did revolutionize playing the amplifier as an instrument in and of itself.  But Eddie Van Halen played every part of the signal chain -- behind the nut, the trem springs, the volume knob, the amp, the effects -- all of it, like one gigantic amazing instrument.  He made the guitar do things nobody had ever thought of before.

If you don't believe that, listen to a live version of Cathedral sometime.

Memory eternal.

29 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Honestly  Pelosi and Schumer are probably loving this

This makes no sense..... unless one of the side effects in medication is lapses in judgement.

Oh wait... 'Trouble thinking'

Some of the more common side effects can affect a patient's mental state, such as aggression, agitation, anxiety, irritability, depression, changes to mood, and nervousness. Trouble thinking, speaking or walking can also occur. Other common side effects include blurred vision, producing less urine, dizziness, an irregular heartbeat or pulse, headaches, and noisy breathing. Patients may also experience numbness or tingling in the limbs, swollen fingers, hands, feet or lower legs, pounding in the ears, difficulty breathing at rest, and weight gain.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

There is no guitarist in the last 43 years, famous or unknown, prodigy or hack, who hasn't lifted something from Edward Van Halen.  If you asked me to name the three most influential guitarists of the rock and roll era, it would be Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, and Eddie Van Halen.

And if you pressed me to the wall, I'd admit Eddie is by far the most influential of those three, because he took the guitar to places no one thought it could go.  One could argue Jimi did the same, but in the end, he was still playing the guitar as a guitar, and like a guitar.  He picked with his teeth and behind his head and behind his back, but it was still plucking strings and fretting notes.  Jimi did revolutionize playing the amplifier as an instrument in and of itself.  But Eddie Van Halen played every part of the signal chain -- behind the nut, the trem springs, the volume knob, the amp, the effects -- all of it, like one gigantic amazing instrument.  He made the guitar do things nobody had ever thought of before.

If you don't believe that, listen to a live version of Cathedral sometime.

Memory eternal.

TBH Jimmy was a different era.

Eddie... he was ours.

And to me one of the many things that made him transcend was the fact he was the one playing the guitar in Michael Jackson's Beat It.

Well,  now I know what I'll be listening to for the next several days.  Time to update my VanHalen catalog..... **** I might even have to dip into the VanHagar stuff.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread