The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread

22 minutes ago, Carter said:

This could set up as the GOP's wet dream. Voter disenfranchisement on a national scale to seize power. How many people do you figure would never vote again if Trump actually goes through with this massive voter fraud scam and the courts cut off the vote counting? I know I will lose all faith in our country at that point.

Although it would be funny if Trump manages to use these mafia tactics to strongarm his way to a 2nd term, only to find that the Senate and House are both controlled by the Dems.

Hopefully this election demolishes both parties though. Neither of them actually represent regular people.

The same votes that would be disenfranchised in the presidential election are also votes in the House and Senate.  If the nightmare scenario comes true then I expect widespread protests and civil unrest.  ****, I actually expect that regardless of the outcome.  

• Replies 64.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

So **** just got real. I came up to Atlanta to visit my mom, who'd recently had a blood pressure spike. She's previously had a stroke and later PRES, which mimics symptoms of a stroke and is frequently misdiagnosed (becoming more understood in recent years), that was accompanied by a grand mal seizure. This is in addition to pericarditis, several falls, broken ankle, some other things. Just thought it'd be good to get eyes on her and, as the child most able to ensure no COVID exposure, it made sense for me to be the one.  I don't see people for the most part, am insanely cautious with masks and whatnot, and got a negative test the day I came up for some added comfort (knowing false negatives are a thing).

So I get here late Tuesday night. Wednesday she's in pretty good spirits, but having some speech related stuff. She's mostly had no significant deficits since the stroke and PRES, but every now and again she'll have some issues with words and such, so I was on alert, but not high, and both of us would prefer not to go to the hospital given heightened risks there. In the evening as I'm cooking though it starts to decline. Now she's not just having trouble remembering words, some of the words she's using aren't actually words at all. Maybe 30%. I'm on high alert and start texting the family, keep listening to her, and convince her (which is not easy) to go to the hospital. 

Next 20 minutes as we're getting ready, it goes downhill rapidly. Now 80-90% of her words are gibberish, she's having trouble standing, and can't understand basic things. We call 911 and they come and rush her in. I get to the hospital and after about 30 minutes they let me back. They're not having any family visitors, but made an exception because she couldn't communicate very well. I get back, and her words are remarkably better. Like she'd had a mini-stroke that was already clearing out. But after about an hour it starts to get more garbled again, and around midnight she has a seizure. Not an easy thing to watch. She's sleepy and tired after. I know that if I leave, no one else can replace me, and I can't come back. I'm there until 3 the next afternoon as they're transferring her into the main hospital, which won't allow me in. Things seem to be improving. Getting speech back, memory improving, etc. It's not a stroke or a reoccurence of PRES. Rather, they think blood pressure is triggering mini- and major seizures. Hopefully we can get under control. My sisters are at my mom's house now, and we're keeping very separate. I go to sleep.

Wake up to find out that my mom has tested positive for COVID. Not sure where it could have come from - she's had as little exposure as one could hope for. Been very careful. But it's one more complication, even though she's not showing the serious symptoms - no breathing trouble or anything. It also means I spent 18 hours in a hospital room with someone who had it; i was wearing two masks the whole time, but she was not for much of it because of treatment and such. So now I don't know that I can go home, as we have an at-risk parent living with us. My mom, per usual, is refusing around the clock care (even though recommended right now), and so we're having that battle. But I'll be here for awhile at least, and they want to discharge her soon. Just a cluster**** of near-epic proportions.

tldr: **** 2020.

7 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

So **** just got real. I came up to Atlanta to visit my mom, who'd recently had a blood pressure spike. She's previously had a stroke and later PRES, which mimics symptoms of a stroke and is frequently misdiagnosed (becoming more understood in recent years), that was accompanied by a grand mal seizure. This is in addition to pericarditis, several falls, broken ankle, some other things. Just thought it'd be good to get eyes on her and, as the child most able to ensure no COVID exposure, it made sense for me to be the one.  I don't see people for the most part, am insanely cautious with masks and whatnot, and got a negative test the day I came up for some added comfort (knowing false negatives are a thing).

So I get here late Tuesday night. Wednesday she's in pretty good spirits, but having some speech related stuff. She's mostly had no significant deficits since the stroke and PRES, but every now and again she'll have some issues with words and such, so I was on alert, but not high, and both of us would prefer not to go to the hospital given heightened risks there. In the evening as I'm cooking though it starts to decline. Now she's not just having trouble remembering words, some of the words she's using aren't actually words at all. Maybe 30%. I'm on high alert and start texting the family, keep listening to her, and convince her (which is not easy) to go to the hospital. 

Next 20 minutes as we're getting ready, it goes downhill rapidly. Now 80-90% of her words are gibberish, she's having trouble standing, and can't understand basic things. We call 911 and they come and rush her in. I get to the hospital and after about 30 minutes they let me back. They're not having any family visitors, but made an exception because she couldn't communicate very well. I get back, and her words are remarkably better. Like she'd had a mini-stroke that was already clearing out. But after about an hour it starts to get more garbled again, and around midnight she has a seizure. Not an easy thing to watch. She's sleepy and tired after. I know that if I leave, no one else can replace me, and I can't come back. I'm there until 3 the next afternoon as they're transferring her into the main hospital, which won't allow me in. Things seem to be improving. Getting speech back, memory improving, etc. It's not a stroke or a reoccurence of PRES. Rather, they think blood pressure is triggering mini- and major strokes. Hopefully we can get under control. My sisters are at my mom's house now, and we're keeping very separate. I go to sleep.

Wake up to find out that my mom has tested positive for COVID. Not sure where it could have come from - she's had as little exposure as one could hope for. Been very careful. But it's one more complication, even though she's not showing the serious symptoms - no breathing trouble or anything. It also means I spent 18 hours in a hospital room with someone who had it; i was wearing two masks the whole time, but she was not for much of it because of treatment and such. So now I don't know that I can go home, as we have an at-risk parent living with us. My mom, per usual, is refusing around the clock care (even though recommended right now), and so we're having that battle. But I'll be here for awhile at least, and they want to discharge her soon. Just a cluster**** of near-epic proportions.

JFC, that’s horrible man.  Very sorry that you’re going through this and best wishes for your mother and you!

24 minutes ago, Statick said:

My sister's godmother went through one (God rest her soul).

She didn't lose her life, but had the slurred speech and couldn't see or hear from one side.

Yeah strokes are no joke... I knew a guy who had a stroke before he turned 40 and it demolished his fine motor skills and ability to speak clearly. He was in my group of friends that played Call of Duty and Battlefield together a lot. He completely quit playing games after that because he couldn't even hold the controller still. Disappeared on us not long after that too. :( 

22 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Next 20 minutes as we're getting ready, it goes downhill rapidly. Now 80-90% of her words are gibberish, she's having trouble standing, and can't understand basic things. We call 911 and they come and rush her in. I get to the hospital and after about 30 minutes they let me back. They're not having any family visitors, but made an exception because she couldn't communicate very well. I get back, and her words are remarkably better. Like she'd had a mini-stroke that was already clearing out. But after about an hour it starts to get more garbled again, and around midnight she has a seizure. Not an easy thing to watch. She's sleepy and tired after. I know that if I leave, no one else can replace me, and I can't come back. I'm there until 3 the next afternoon as they're transferring her into the main hospital, which won't allow me in. Things seem to be improving. Getting speech back, memory improving, etc. It's not a stroke or a reoccurence of PRES. Rather, they think blood pressure is triggering mini- and major strokes. Hopefully we can get under control. My sisters are at my mom's house now, and we're keeping very separate. I go to sleep.

That's brutal. Thoughts are with you and your family. 

25 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I hope things get better for you all real soon man. Take care!

30 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

**** man. That was a roller coaster to read.. Things are improving but here's some Covid. Hope she accepts the care. 

Stay safe and Covid free

34 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

**** man...sorry to read that.

Sending good thoughts and energy your families way.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I watched that earlier, I wish I wouldn't have. I hope someone rushed him to a hospital.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

I have never seen a stroke real time.  That was crazy

I am just lucky I wasn’t here to see my dad have his. 

And I am terrified to have one myself! Which is why I am so into healthy eating and working out. 

54 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Next 20 minutes as we're getting ready, it goes downhill rapidly. Now 80-90% of her words are gibberish, she's having trouble standing, and can't understand basic things. We call 911 and they come and rush her in. I get to the hospital and after about 30 minutes they let me back. They're not having any family visitors, but made an exception because she couldn't communicate very well. I get back, and her words are remarkably better. Like she'd had a mini-stroke that was already clearing out. But after about an hour it starts to get more garbled again, and around midnight she has a seizure. Not an easy thing to watch. She's sleepy and tired after. I know that if I leave, no one else can replace me, and I can't come back. I'm there until 3 the next afternoon as they're transferring her into the main hospital, which won't allow me in. Things seem to be improving. Getting speech back, memory improving, etc. It's not a stroke or a reoccurence of PRES. Rather, they think blood pressure is triggering mini- and major seizures. Hopefully we can get under control. My sisters are at my mom's house now, and we're keeping very separate. I go to sleep.

Brother, your mother is TRULY in my prayers.  Stay strong!

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Welcome to the #Resistance, AG Barr Thread