• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The They Finally Got Her Thread

46 minutes ago, AF89 said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0

Mine would be either Ole Miss or Wofford campus which was low key gorgeous

The Grove at Ole Miss may be one of the best tailgating environments anywhere. My favorite campus was Blacksburg. Beautiful campus and the game day environment was excellent. 

9 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

I know. But did you notice how our black posters minds went there right away because they recognized the message as being similar to that that was used by slave owners? Did you know slave owners used similar verses and religion in that way? 

Instead of defending yourself here maybe just take a few to learn and listen to why folks reacted that way. Read the articles that were presented. Being a good listener is an important step in learning another person's perspective...in fact I'd argue it's the only way really.

Thank you, sir!!

We had to open up a second Covid unit at my hospital today. This is the ****dest illness I have ever seen. Patients are stable one minute and the next minute we're intubating them. 

There needs to be serious consequences to the leadership that decided to play political college football with the pandemic. 

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The Grove at Ole Miss may be one of the best tailgating environments anywhere. My favorite campus was Blacksburg. Beautiful campus and the game day environment was excellent. 

I spent a lot of time at Ole Miss.  Love the Grove!!

Furman has a beautiful campus too.  I was on the Swamp Rabbit trail and took a quick tour. 

Worst is probably South Alabama, tho Mobile was awsome but area around the stadium has seen muuuuch better days. Same with UTC,  Chattanooga is objectively awsome but they put their stadium in a semi abandoned train warehouse district

Also honorable mention to Georgia State when they moved to Turner but didn't upkeep it.  Was like an old Scooby-Doo abanadoned carnival setting, walking past so many shuttered gift shops and eateries. I bet it's legitimately creepy after dark.

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

We had to open up a second Covid wing at my hospital today. This is the ****dest illness I have ever seen. Patients are stable one minute and the next minute we're intubating them. 

There needs to be serious consequences to the leadership that decided to play political college football with the pandemic. 

Dang if it's hit a South Georgia town with no college kids then nowhere is safe

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Worst is probably South Alabama, tho Mobile was awsome but area around the stadium has seen muuuuch better days. Same with UTC,  Chattanooga is objectively awsome but they put their stadium in a semi abandoned train warehouse district

Also honorable mention to Georgia State when they moved to Turner but didn't upkeep it.  Was like an old Scooby-Doo abanadoned carnival setting, walking past so many shuttered gift shops and eateries. I bet it's legitimately creepy after dark.

That area has always been shady. As much **** the Braves caught for moving to Cobb, it was a solid business move. No one was ever going to hang around Turner Field before or after a game. 

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That area has always been shady. As much **** the Braves caught for moving to Cobb, it was a solid business move. No one was ever going to hang around Turner Field before or after a game. 

I think I only tailgated for Braves at Turner once with some friends and yeah it wasn't that great.  I member some dude bros Froggering through the 75/85 off ramp to go pee in the bushes. It's not an ideal area.

The Georgia Southern tailgates I've been to at Turner were a little better but it's just a parking lot

10 minutes ago, lostone said:

NC A&T == GHOE

ill fight you all for that title

Also, what do white schools do for homecoming outside of drink?  Are there step shows or any type of real celebration?

It's meh tho if your a student there's parties but I don't member them being all that different from other parties

Just now, AF89 said:

It's meh tho if your a student there's parties but I don't member them being all that different from other parties

If we don’t die from Rona, goto an HBCU homecoming.  It will change your life.  The halftime show is worth the price of admission 

16 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Dang if it's hit a South Georgia town with no college kids then nowhere is safe

It was bound to happen. People call it a second wave, but we never really got a first wave here until now. 

People just got complacent. Bars started filling up again, no one wore masks. It was bound to happen. 

Taking histories from these patients, they all seem to either be living with someone known to have covid, or had recently been in a large gathering of people. It's pretty obvious now how this is spread. 

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It was bound to happen. People call it a second wave, but we never really got a first wave here until now. 

People just got complacent. Bars started filling up again, no one wore masks. It was bound to happen. 

Taking histories from these patients, they all seem to either be living with someone known to have covid, or had recently been in a large gathering of people. It's pretty obvious now how this is spread. 

Did they believe this was real?  Do they admit their stupidity?  I know not all people are stupid.

3 minutes ago, lostone said:

If we don’t die from Rona, goto an HBCU homecoming.  It will change your life.  The halftime show is worth the price of admission 

I've seen Savanna State which is at least HBCU store brand. Back when they brought their band to Southern it was the highlight of otherwise terrible games.

18 minutes ago, lostone said:

NC A&T == GHOE

ill fight you all for that title

Also, what do white schools do for homecoming outside of drink?  Are there step shows or any type of real celebration?

It was mainly for Greeks at Auburn, both white and black. 

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I think I only tailgated for Braves at Turner once with some friends and yeah it wasn't that great.  I member some dude bros Froggering through the 75/85 off ramp to go pee in the bushes. It's not an ideal area.

The Georgia Southern tailgates I've been to at Turner were a little better but it's just a parking lot

I tailgated at Turner Field once. It freaking sucked. Whatever the **** the new stadium is called now is so much cooler. I don’t live in Atlanta, my wife’s cousin and husband live just a few miles away from the stadium. We go and stay with them and it’s a blast. 

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I've seen Savanna State which is at least HBCU store brand. Back when they brought their band to Southern it was the highlight of otherwise terrible games.

Don’t your bands just make shapes and stuff?  There has to be some soul!!! Then the Greeks start randomly party hopin to everything!

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

Did they believe this was real?  Do they admit their stupidity?  I know not all people are stupid.

Not stupid. Just human nature and ignorance. 

You can be told over and over of a danger, but after months if the danger never really arrives people get complacent. Some even claim there was never a danger. Especially if you've never seen the danger yourself. 

It's about to get real for a lot of people. 

Oh I've seen South Carolina States band in the FCS playoffs too I forgot.

Dad took the fam to the Atlanta Battle of the Bands back in the day at the dome but we were so high up and the acoustics were terrible