Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The They Finally Got Her Thread

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

It's the exact opposite of the prosperity gospel!!! This has nothing to do with race.  Its trusting God in the hard times.  

With being black being the "hard times?" I'm asking because if it's "the hard times," the entire life of that black person is "hard times." If that's not what you're saying, what are you saying? I'm really not sure what else you could mean, but I don't want to misinterpret you either.

And if you say that it has nothing to do with race again, despite your response being to someone asking if you'd switch places with a black person...

Oh and I know I am extremely blessed.  I am well aware of that.  But I also know what I worry about, and being black in America is part of that.  I can’t make enough money to be left alone.  Heck if I buy the wrong kind of car, I’ll get pulled over and asked if I own my car.  Pretty sure why I buy the cybertruck, imma get pulled over more 

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

The storm is coming, you just need to be patient.  It'll get hear with a bonus copy of Winds of Winter  and Half-Life 3, please you just need to wait a little longer its coming

If they drop this year, I’m done.  Going to find a bunker

17 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

With being black being the "hard times?" I'm asking because if it's "the hard times," the entire life of that black person is "hard times." If that's not what you're saying, what are you saying? I'm really not sure what else you could mean, but I don't want to misinterpret you either.

And if you say that it has nothing to do with race again, despite your response being to someone asking if you'd switch places with a black person...

Last time I checked, pretty much every one in the world experiences hard times in life.  No certain race has a monopoly on it but you seem determined to make it a race issue when clearly it is not.  

3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Last time I checked, pretty much every one in the world experiences hard times in life.  No certain race has a monopoly on it but you seem determined to make it a race issue when clearly it is not.  

You said you were trying to learn about racial issues a week or two ago. Today you responded with something that sounds a lot like language slave owners would use back in the day. Feels like a teachable moment.

8 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

You said you were trying to learn about racial issues a week or two ago. Today you responded with something that sounds a lot like language slave owners would use back in the day. Feels like a teachable moment.

I never mentioned slave owners.  That thought never crossed my mind.  

28 minutes ago, The Great American said:

You were responding to a post about race dude. It's not that I'm trying to make it a race issue, it's that you responded to someone asking a question specifically about race.

31 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Lo asked you if you would switch places with him if you could to see how he sees the world, and, more importantly, how the world treats him because of the color of his skin. He asked you a basic question involving empathy for your fellow man. 

Instead, the point completely flew over your head and you assumed he was jealous of what you have and quoted the Bible at him.

It was more tone deaf than Hellen Keller. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Lo asked you if you would switch places with him if you could to see how he sees the world, and, more importantly, how the world treats him because of the color of his skin. He asked you a basic question involving empathy for your fellow man. 

Instead, the point completely flew over your head and you assumed he was jealous of what you have and quoted the Bible at him.

It was more tone deaf than Hellen Keller. 

So where did the plantation owners fit into this conversation?

18 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I never mentioned slave owners.  That thought never crossed my mind.  

I know. But did you notice how our black posters minds went there right away because they recognized the message as being similar to that that was used by slave owners? Did you know slave owners used similar verses and religion in that way? 

Instead of defending yourself here maybe just take a few to learn and listen to why folks reacted that way. Read the articles that were presented. Being a good listener is an important step in learning another person's perspective...in fact I'd argue it's the only way really.

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

So where did the plantation owners fit into this conversation?

Because slavery was not only rationalized, but defended, by Evangelicals. And when you misunderstood (which I still can’t understand because what he asked was so basic and plain) lostone and quoted the Bible to him about being content with what you have when he asked you try to view things from his point of view it evoked the Evangelical defenses of slavery. 

It’s not that hard.