Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The They Finally Got Her Thread

17 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Why do you want to switch places so badly?  I'm very satisfied with my life and it has nothing to do with money or the color of my skin.  I have a beautiful wife and three wonderful children.  I have a job I love.  I wouldn't trade what I have with ANYBODY!!    

Btw, how would this swap take place if someone took you up on your offer?   

You get to be black and I get to be white. 

Given you have the exact same things as we switch places (only you are black).  Would you be cool with that?  Would your life be different?  I assume you are about to play coy with me.  Would the system treat you and your kids the same as they do now?

1 minute ago, lostone said:

Given you have the exact same things as we switch places (only you are black).  Would you be cool with that?  Would your life be different?  I assume you are about to play coy with me.  Would the system treat you and your kids the same as they do now?

He doesn’t listen to country music, so there’s no reason he would turn down a switch, right? 

1 minute ago, lostone said:

I suggest not wasting your time with the 'I've never benefited from being white' garbage.

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

Maybe if you’re drunk.

🤔

well you are a lawyer after all...

You have impugned my reputation, sir. Not as a lawyer, but a drinker. Drunk my foot. I handle my liquor like a true Irish gentleman. 

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

I mean they have legitimately been found to be grossly negligent in food safety compliance and had to pay a $25 million fine for it not long ago. They had e. coli outbreaks in multiple states traced directly to Chipotle. But even if you get past all that, it’s just bland Mexican fast food.

You can say what you will about e coli and such, but I'll be ****ed if you call that food bland, especially as compared to any other chain burrito place. Moe's can suck my balls, Barberitos is a better Moes (and was the inspiration for Moes), and Willies is a better Barberitos (and was the exact recipe for Barberitos). But I'll take the place fresh grilling that chicken right in front of me, along with their delicious seasoning, over any of those other joints.

Now, if you're talking local taco/burrito/Mexican places, then yeah, I kick Chipotle to the curb for them.

7 minutes ago, lostone said:

Those are some good questions but I really like what the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4,

" I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."  

We have to learn contentment.  

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

Those are so good questions but I really like what the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4,

" I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."  

Did you just tell lostone to be content with racial discrimination???

Those are some good questions but I really like what the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4,

Paul sounds like a privileged *****, and also make believe.

You’re white, of course you’re content. He’s asking if you would be willing to view the world through his eyes. 

Your answer is obviously, and predictably, no. 

3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Bro.

6 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

You have impugned my reputation, sir. Not as a lawyer, but a drinker. Drunk my foot. I handle my liquor like a true Irish gentleman. 

You can say what you will about e coli and such, but I'll be ****ed if you call that food bland, especially as compared to any other chain burrito place. Moe's can suck my balls, Barberitos is a better Moes (and was the inspiration for Moes), and Willies is a better Barberitos (and was the exact recipe for Barberitos). But I'll take the place fresh grilling that chicken right in front of me, along with their delicious seasoning, over any of those other joints.

Now, if you're talking local taco/burrito/Mexican places, then yeah, I kick Chipotle to the curb for them.

I’ve only found one Mexican chain I like at all and I’ve only been there once lol. Well I should say two, but I think Filibertos is more of a local chain.

I’m all about some local joints. Can be hit or miss but it’s the best bet. Also I lived in El Paso for nearly 12 years and got spoiled on Mexican food there. :sadwave:

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’ve only found one Mexican chain I like at all and I’ve only been there once lol. Well I should say two, but I think Filibertos is more of a local chain.

I’m all about some local joints. Can be hit or miss but it’s the best bet. Also I lived in El Paso for nearly 12 years and got spoiled on Mexican food there. :sadwave:

I remember getting filibertos on like my second or third night when I moved to Arizona the first time.........I learned very quickly that you do not eat that while you are in your car.

It is tasty but the damage that is done afterwards was Godzilla level