Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The They Finally Got Her Thread

17 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The exact response he was looking for. He's running the country like his reality TV show. Trying to incite the most division and conflict. 

That's why I feel almost obligated to vote for trash *** Joe Biden. 

Third party or abstaining isn’t an option at this point IMO. 

Just now, AF89 said:

I was about to say exactly this. He's going to lump every protestor as "ANTIFA", thus suppressing any protests, particularly against him, going into the elections. 

Just like the economic collapse exacerbated already bad income disparity, these protests are going to be an excuse for more authoritarianism. 

V for Vendetta really nailed the future. Except it was here instead of England

10 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

And the tough thing is, guys who are good cops in bad departments have to work entirely within the system. It's so hard to stand up to abuses of power because if you stand up to someone in your department (or anyone above you in terms of the power structure) you face retaliation. Very few departments have measures to protect against this, but they tend to be the ones with by far the lowest rates of police brutality, police shootings, civilian complaints, etc (see: NOPD).

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I was about to say exactly this. He's going to lump every protestor as "ANTIFA", thus suppressing any protests, particularly against him, going into the elections. 

Just like the economic collapse exacerbated already bad income disparity, these protests are going to be an excuse for more authoritarianism. 

V for Vendetta really nailed the future. Except it was here instead of England

It's literally rinse and repeat of the suspected communist activities of the workers strikes of the 1930s, or the Civil Rights and Anti War movements of the 1960s. They've got a playbook ready to go they just need to change a few words around. 

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Today is the 99th anniversary of the start of the Tulsa Massacre btw

First time I heard about the TM was on this board when you guys talked about it some weeks (months?) ago. So thanks for that.

This is why I laugh when people make claims that 99% of cops are good. The ones you worked with don’t make up the ENTIRE system. I’d wager that number isn’t 99% but there’s no way to truly know

3 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

First time I heard about the TM was on this board when you guys talked about it some weeks (months?) ago. So thanks for that.

Most of us never even heard about it till the Watchmen mini series. I wonder if they even teach kids in Oklahoma about it