Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The They Finally Got Her Thread

3 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I looked at some of it and can’t tell if the documents they are releasing are new or old, but I would be VERY careful with a group like Anonymous.  The entire thing frankly sounds like an anti-Trump Qanon, right down to the “secret” investigation into pedophilia.

Part of the “proof” was the 2016 Jane Doe lawsuit which was public knowledge when filed. We discussed it here in one of the prior deleted Trump threads. It was dismissed because Trump and Epstein were never even served with summons and the complaint. No discovery was conducted, nothing. 

I’m not saying the allegations were false, but the defense lawyer in me has to point out that allegations in a complaint are just that - allegations, not fact. The plaintiff has the burden to prove those allegations by a preponderance of the evidence at trial. 

I’ll wait and see what else they release, but it seems like a lot of fluff that hysterical liberals are gobbling up out of desperation. 

4 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Yes, I do support and pray for those who protect us.  They are not perfect but most do their job admirably. 

I have friends in law enforcement. I don’t think all cops are bad. Lots of people here have been sharing positive videos of cops acting admirably during these events. But there are also videos showing cops acting with brutality, in response to protests about four cops murdering a black man on film. 

So coming in here to toot APD’s horn feels pretty tone deaf during this conversation. Your position on this is well known here. Feels like you are asking for pushback which you know you will receive here when you post that stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I have friends in law enforcement. I don’t think all cops are bad. Lots of people here have been sharing positive videos of cops acting admirably during these events. But there are also videos showing cops acting with brutality, in response to protests about four cops murdering a black man on film. 

So coming in here to toot APD’s horn feels pretty tone deaf during this conversation. Your position on this is well known here. Feels like you are asking for pushback which you know you will receive here when you post that stuff. 

That’s why I chose not to take the bait. 

6 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

With all the chaos ongoing what have our powerful leaders in Washington said about it?

(crickets chirping)

My dad said the same thing to me earlier today. "Why aren't we hearing more from Trump about this?" Why the **** would you want Trump doing a big public speech right now? Trump's probably at least self-intested enough to realize how much it could hurt him in the elections to speak publicly on this in a way that obviously exacerbates the destruction he's unequivocally denouncing.

He always nudges the line, never as much as it seemed at first before he starts retracting ownership of the statement/policy idea/anything Trump would say or do. If he just flies past the line because he can, though, he risks becoming the unambiguous villain of 2020. He didn't feed liberals conspiracy theories about him and steadily poison their media against them for years just to lose in 2020 anyway because he actually did manage to find too many ways to piss off conservatives and people who didn't vote in 2016. If it looks like he's trying to incite a race riot through a smirk or some of his hideous sanctimony, it would look really bad. It's not something where they can just point to Obama and say "he did the same thing." Nor is it something evangelicals can pretend not to notice, seeing as how those folks are generally terrified of race riots. He could really lose a lot of people if he pulls too much of his type **** here.

13 hours ago, AF89 said:

He honestly got off light to the point that it's obvious to me some of that crowd that closed in probably ended up keeping the rest of them from hospitalizing or killing him.

Unlike innocent deer, people fight back.

17 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Yes, I do support and pray for those who protect us.  They are not perfect but most do their job admirably. 

From a 25 year law enforcement career I speak from experience and from the bottom of my heart. 99% of law enforcement are honest humans serving to protect us. Take the responsibility of investigating the abuse of authority out of the hands of the involved agency and give it to an outside agency to give an unbiased resolution. 

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

My dad said the same thing to me earlier today. "Why aren't we hearing more from Trump about this?" Why the **** would you want Trump doing a big public speech right now? Trump's probably at least self-intested enough to realize how much it could hurt him in the elections to speak publicly on this in a way that obviously exacerbates the destruction he's unequivocally denouncing.

He always nudges the line, never as much as it seemed at first before he starts retracting ownership of the statement/policy idea/anything Trump would say or do. If he just flies past the line because he can, though, he risks becoming the unambiguous villain of 2020. He didn't feed liberals conspiracy theories about him and steadily poison their media against them for years just to lose in 2020 anyway because he actually did manage to find too many ways to piss off conservatives and people who didn't vote in 2016. If it looks like he's trying to incite a race riot through a smirk or some of his hideous sanctimony, it would look really bad. It's not something where they can just point to Obama and say "he did the same thing." Nor is it something evangelicals can pretend not to notice, seeing as how those folks are generally terrified of race riots. He could really lose a lot of people if he pulls too much of his type **** here.

He’s continuing to attack the “liberal” mayor of Minneapolis on twitter, but I don’t think he’s going to say anything else really in incendiary for the time being. People are glued to their tv’s and phones watching night after night of violence. He has his distraction.